PDA

View Full Version : A new hat...

Glacier
01-09-2004, 01:23 AM
This spring I sent a big box of husky fur to a friend in Ontario who spins it into wool. She makes all kinds of things out of different types of hair and fur. She does all the work herself--cleaning, carding, spinning and then knitting. I certainly wasn't expecting anything in return. She donates most of her profits to her local humane society so I knew my dogs' fur was going to help a good cause. But tonight in the mail, I got this!

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/2004187528192444170541.jpg

A toque made out of my own dogs' fur!! How cool!! It is incredibly warm too--it's -45C here tonight and my ears were toasty when I fed the dogs earlier!

Linda York
01-09-2004, 01:38 AM
:D Very cute! And it does look very warm. I didn't know they could do that with Husky hair. WOW! :eek: Great! I don't think they could do anyting with my boys Doxie hair.... sometimes it doesn't seem to keep them warm!!! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-09-2004, 04:56 AM
That's awesome! The hat is very cute and I am sure it will keep you warm. Heck! It keeps the huskies pretty toasty! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-09-2004, 06:30 AM
:cool: That is so cool!! What a neat way to have your doggies with you all the time!.. and a wonderful keepsake to always remember them.. That was so nice of your friend.. :)

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 10:03 AM
That is wonderful!!!!!!!!

I was toying around with saving Kito's hair for someone to spin for me, but I wasn't sure what could be made from it--I think I have an answer!!!!!!

ramanth
01-09-2004, 10:06 AM
That's so cool! Does she have a website?