PDA

View Full Version : Son's friend just a big softie....... cute story...

carole
01-08-2004, 11:56 PM
i just wanted to tell you one of my son's friends who I have never met before turned up to visit him today, he was a big muscular brawny looking guy, shaved head and an earing in each ear, mmh mum thought to herself, he looks kind of tough, well this so called tough looking guy had with him a white kitten, and when I saw him leave he picked up the kitten and kissed it, apparently he takes kitty everywhere with him and has hand raised it by bottle, so I had to smirk to myself, looks are deceiving, just thought I would share this cute story with you all.:)

PS he came to show off his brand new 4,000 dollar holden,nice new paint job etc, i think kitty christened it with you know what, I saw him getting a toilet roll and cleaning it up, he was very calm and not at all perturbed by kitties present, he obviously loves his kitty, aint that the sweetest.;) :D

cutie_chica
01-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Yep Looks can be deceving!! lol, Thats story just makes me go AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!:D

carole
01-09-2004, 12:21 AM
I know my heart melted too when I saw him pick up the kitty(he was in his car) not knowing beady eyes me was watching him, and he had a male friend with him too, but he did not care, he gave kitty one big kiss on the face, so darn cute. I went AWWW too.:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Hmmmmmm.....

Sounds like good husband material for a kitty lover out there...

He needs to hold a class on how men should "really" act... ;)

SWEET STORY ... thanks for sharing it!!:)

ramanth
01-09-2004, 08:23 AM
what a touching story! :D

sqwelch
01-09-2004, 08:28 AM
aaaaaaawwwwww that makes my heart melt !!!

catnapper
01-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Awww. I think that looks definately are deceiving. My Father-in-Law is a big biker dude too (complete with a doo-rag that says "If you can read this, the b@#$% fell off.) He has many tatoos and was a world champion weight lifter. Let me tell you, nobody would want to run into him in a dark (or lighted) Alley. You should see this guy when it comes to his goldfish.. if there's such a thing as a portable tank, I'm sure he'd slap it onto the back of his bike! This is the largest goldfish I've ever seen and he's had it for years - ever since it was an itty bitty goldfish.

My son sorta does the same thing with Allen. He ADORES Allen and Allen returns it to him (not to the rest of us though) Allen will come up to him, lay down and roll over, meow and demand a belly rub... nobody else gets this action. My son is a sports jock and has lots of Division I schools looking at him for their running programs... yeah, the boy runs 10Ks for a nice Sunday jog, but try to get him to walk the dog?

Too cute story! Did you tell the friend that he was impressive and ask him if he had a girlfriend that appreciated this? You know that if he's this way with his kitten that he's going to make a superb husband and father!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Awww...that's so sweet! I love it when the big rough looking dudes are just big softies underneath. I bet no one will mess with that kitty, and his friends make snide comments about him kissing a cat - never gonna happen. ;) :D :D

aStarSeeker
01-09-2004, 12:35 PM
I have one of these! :)

I have a gorgeous, blonde, 6' 5.5", 230 pound construction working, dog loving husband. He's an earring wearing, tattood toughguy who can throw a refrigerator. He recently sold his Low Rider (Harley) because it was ... too small. No one messes with my softie, er, I meant Husband!

When we met, he had no use for cats. He'd also never KNOWN a cat. I told him, "I've had the cats longer than I've had you, so learn to love 'em or hit the road." I'd already booted one husband, so he knew I had it in me!

For years now, I've come home to find him usually naked (his clothes in a pile by the front door) with 3 to 5 cats stretched out on him, on the back of the couch, around his head on the pillow, whatever. The dogs will be fighting the cats to get on the couch to lie next to him while he flips the remote control.

He snuffles the cats' tummies. He takes pictures of them in cute positions or looking in through the cat door. He buys them treats and toys. He builds them fires in the fireplace so they can recline on the cat window seats and on the special, cat cushions in the warmth. He feeds them treats, divides things equally, even finding someone under the bed if they are sound asleep. He takes his halogen flashlight outside to feed the ferals in the woods and barn.

At his idea, we're adopting our 6th from a foster home probably this next week, and just got another dumped kitty in the driveway. Rich was the one checking the traps each morning and night until we caught him.

I'd say this tough-guy learned. :) Am I lucky or what?

Tonya
01-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Awww, I love stories like this!

Isis_7
01-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by aStarSeeker
Am I lucky or what?

VERY lucky! It's hard to find a good man these days, and one that likes cats is almost impossible! (For some reason, cats have a bad reputation)

aStarSeeker
01-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Tonya, I do, too.

It's stories like this that tell me there is hope in the world.

Rich would rather spend time with animals than people. NO ONE. I repeat NO ONE better think of hurting an animal in his presence. They can't talk about it, they can't joke about it. They can't even curse a frog when it jumps out of a whole where men are digging.

God forbid he meets someone who is blasé or callous about hurting animals.

My kind of man. <G>

Christine

aStarSeeker
01-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Isis,
Men, being the lesser of the sex (<GGG>) are frequently afraid to show their feelings or interact with beings who cause them to actually HAVE feelings. Cats, women, small animals, children, etc,. for example.

It takes a big man to kiss a cat in front of his friends. It also takes a big man to admit they actually DO love someone.

Look for the bigger men. They come in all shapes and sizes and sometimes don't even know they're a bigger man. They just need to be given the chance.

However, that said? Trust your animal's reactions. If they don't like him, dump him. Immediately, no ifs ands or buts.

Christine

catcrazylady
01-09-2004, 02:16 PM
These stories are fantastic! Would'nt it be wonderful if more men that share the same animal loving feelings could get together. I think there are a lot of "closet" men animal lovers. I know my husband doesn't express it in words but his actions tell all. I love him for it!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

cutie_chica
01-09-2004, 03:06 PM
When I met my hubby, He liked cats, But never owned one, But he knew with me, Came Princess. So he took the both of us, got our own place, and a few weeks later, we went to petsmart to get Princess some treats, and there were a lot of kitties to adopt, He hates looking at them, because they look so sad. Anyway, for years and years, Since he was little he always wanted this perfect kitten, he told his Mom many times what it would look like, and she told me one day while he was at work, trying to embarrass him, anyway, That day, My Hubby went to look at the kitty's (amazingly), and there was this little kitten he had always wanted, and VIOLA! That's How Tony came into our life lol... Cute story as I said before!!

carole
01-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Gee it was great to read all about these big hunk of loving men out there, who are just big softies with hearts of gold, No I did not get to talk to my son's friend, but I am thinking maybe if Lexie shows no interest in that playmat I won(another thread) I might just offer it to him for his kitten, I wonder what he calls it? I said to my son, I saw him kissing his kitten, he said nothing wrong with that he loves his cat, I couldn't agree more.

P.S got to remember he hand raised kitty from a baby, it was too young to be away from its mother,don't know the full details here, so kitty will think of him as its mother, and won't want to be without him, so cute.

aStarSeeker
01-09-2004, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't push it with him and another cat.

Think about it. Right now he's so into his kitty. Another wouldn't permit him to carry them both around with him, together. The one would loose attention; they might fight.

He's a teenager and it might be too much for him to deal with. Before you find a good person with whom to place a kitty, make certain they have a good home. What would his parents or roommates say?

I'm glad he's loving that baby, though. I also hopes he's making a life-long bond. I'm worried about what might happen if he goes away to college...

Christine

carole
01-09-2004, 07:14 PM
OOPS sorry I meant to type playmat, I sure am not giving away any kittens, heck I would have to keep them, sorry about the mis-print, BTW he is no teenager , he would be around 22, same age as my son, lol.

I know what you mean, I alway' worry when young people adopt pets, because they often go overseas or whatever, but still he loves kitty so much, I am sure it will go everywhere with him if possible if not, he would find a good home, there is always my place, oops did I say that, thank goodness hubby is not here to hear that!! phew.:) :D

kimlovescats
01-09-2004, 07:49 PM
This type of story just makes me all mushy inside!!! He sounds alot like one of the nice young men who brought two kitties to me to find homes for. (They were dumped at his place of business)He stayed talking about them for the longest, it was obvious he hated to say goodbye to them!!! ;)

Lixx
01-09-2004, 08:18 PM
What wonderful stories! It's always nice to warm your insides. My sweetie is a dog person, well atleast he was when I met him. But now he claims all the cats are his!LOL!