PDA

View Full Version : I'm Disgusted By This

Cheshirekatt
01-08-2004, 05:38 PM
I can't believe what I just read. This is from my little town's local newspaper.

The Miracle Dog
by Chris Hansen

On Dec. 26th just before midnight, somebody approached Larry MacDonald's driveway with a bow and arrow and shot MacDonald's dog Chase in the head. MacDonald immediately heard Chases's cries and when he found his dog outside he thought he would have to say goodbye to Chase forever. "The first thought in my mind was that I would have to put a bullet in his head," says MacDonald. "I wasn't going to let him suffer.

But after MacDonald looked into Chases's eyes he knew the dog needed help. MacDonald rushed Chase to Diamond Veterinary Hospital where the staff immediately went to work to save Chases's life. "They were Jonny on the spot to get going on him," says MacDonald gratefully. "They worked on him right away and it took a great deal to get the arrow out."

The arrow, which officials believe was shot ar Chase from close range, was imbedded an inch and a half into his skull. The early prognosis was not hopeful, but MacDonald stuck with his dog. "We're inseperable," says MacDonald. "there was no way I was going to leave him there to die by himself."

After surgery, stitches and gentle care, Chase is almost back to his old self, earning him the nickname, "Miracle Dog."

Officials are still investigating the incident but have tno leads. "We have no conflicts with anybody," says MacDonald. "Chase has no enemies. The kids love him and he loves them." MacDonald can only speculate for now, but believes it's possible that somebody got new bow and arrow for Christmas and couldn't wait to use it.

MacDonald ways he never expected the amount of media coverage caused by the accident. "My wife and I are not trying to get attention. We just want somebody to come forward," he says. "We don't want another victim."

Joanne Deckard heard about what happened to Chase and set up a fund at the SIlver Lake Branch of Washington Federal Savings to pay for a reward and for Chase's medical bills. "I'm and an animal lover and I'm so appalled that someone would do that," says Deckard.

A dog owner and social worker, Deckard says that it is imperitive that the culprit be found. "People who commit crimes against animals have the capacity to commit them against people, " she says.

For further information about the "For The Benefit of Chase" fund, people can call Deckard at 206-598-8961.

Can you believe this horrible thing happened in my own town?!? I'm outraged and really, really want to catch the SOB who did this. The photo shows a very happy looking Chase who appears to be a shepard/husky cross. He's got beautiful blue eyes.

Karen
01-08-2004, 05:43 PM
I am glad the owner and the vets and everyone care so much for the doggie. Could you visit, and tell him we are pulling for Chase, and give him a bellyrub from all of Pet Talk?

Cheshirekatt
01-08-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm going to try to find out where Chase lives. I'd like to get a card going around and take it to Chase from the folks at Pet Talk. :)

cali
01-08-2004, 07:22 PM
that could have happend to us :( a few years ago shadow was out in the yard and we were eating supper, when shadow started barking like a maniac, my dad went to the door looked outside to see som kid about to shoot shadow with a bow and arrow, we were lucky and cought them before they had the chance, needless to say we moved shortly after. I cannot believe people do these things. :(

*send prayers and white light to chance*

Lixx
01-08-2004, 08:04 PM
OMG! That's horrible! I'm so glad he seems to be better.

G.P.girl
01-08-2004, 08:12 PM
OMG!! i've heard of stuff like that happening before, bu ti never actually heard about it happening where somebody lives! Poor doggie! {{{hugs}}}:(

lovemyshiba
01-08-2004, 11:05 PM
How terrible.

I'm glad dear Chase is getting better though.
He will stay in my prayers, and if you find him, let him know he has animal lovers all over the world pulling for him.

ramanth
01-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Get better real soon dearest Chase! *hugs and kisses*

Cruel people make me so angry! arggh! :mad:

RubyMutt
01-09-2004, 08:40 AM
I hope they find the person who did that! :mad: That is absolutely horrible!!

What paper was that story in?

(the vet Chase went to is Ruby's regular vet! :))

gini
01-09-2004, 10:50 AM
What a sad comment on the human condition.

Thank God this has a happy ending for Chase.

I hope that your town doesn't rest until you find out who did this to him.

Cheshirekatt
01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I hope they find the person who did that! :mad: That is absolutely horrible!!

What paper was that story in?

(the vet Chase went to is Ruby's regular vet! :))

It was the Lake Stevens Journal. Just a little local paper. I clipped the article and saved it.

:)

ramanth
01-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
It was the Lake Stevens Journal. Just a little local paper. I clipped the article and saved it.

:)
The story is online. Look at how beautiful Chase is!!

Miracle Dog (http://www.lakestevensjournal.com/jan.7/jan7story3.html)

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
He is gorgeous!!!!!!!
I'm so glad he was saved--such a beautiful pupster!!!!

Cheshirekatt
01-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
The story is online. Look at how beautiful Chase is!!

Miracle Dog (http://www.lakestevensjournal.com/jan.7/jan7story3.html)

Thanks for finding that! I really wanted to post a picture of him and his beautiful eyes. :D

Such a handsome fellow.

amoore
01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm glad chase made it through that. Poor baby.

I would like to Kick that person who made a game out of hurting a sweet little dog!

primabella
01-09-2004, 04:46 PM
How awful. I didn't even think that people could have access to a bow and arrow. :confused: Weird.

In any case I am SO happy that Chase is alright and I think he has his loving owner and a great team of hard-working vets there to thank him. :) He is a beautiful dog and I hope they can catch the creep that did this.

luckies4me
01-09-2004, 10:19 PM
If you could get the info I would like to send a card to the Veterinary Clinic for Chase. :)

RubyMutt
01-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
If you could get the info I would like to send a card to the Veterinary Clinic for Chase. :)

I was going to suggest that if you can't find any info on Chase's owner. I have all Diamond Vet's info handy, PM me if you'd like it.

It was funny, the other day while driving home from work I noticed a news crew at Ruby's vet. I thought it was odd at the time, but this probably the reason why they were there :(

IttyBittyKitty
01-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Finally some good came out of these stories! That dog should go and buy itself a Lotto ticket RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

Foam
01-10-2004, 09:51 PM
I just don't get how people can do that...:(

luckies4me
01-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I was going to suggest that if you can't find any info on Chase's owner. I have all Diamond Vet's info handy, PM me if you'd like it.

It was funny, the other day while driving home from work I noticed a news crew at Ruby's vet. I thought it was odd at the time, but this probably the reason why they were there :(

If you could send me the info in a PM I would appreciate it. :)

captain
01-11-2004, 04:34 AM
When they find the loser who did this ........ would someone PLEASE hand me a bow and arrow ............:mad:

Dogz
01-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Chase is such a gorgeous dog, I can't believe someone would do that.:( :mad:

luckies4me
01-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone! :D Tomorrow I will be sending Chase a letter to his vet, and also a congrats to the vet who helped Chase recover from this. If anyone has anything they would like to say please type it here and I will print it out. I want him to know that all of us here at PT are routing for him and would like to invite Chase and his owner to Pet Talk. I am printing out what we have so far in this thread. If anyone does not want their comments forwarded to them please let me know so I can remove that section. :)

RubyMutt
01-11-2004, 01:22 PM
To the Drs. at Diamond Veterinary Clinic, Chase & his family -

Chase, you are a gorgeous fellow! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to pull through this horrible ordeal. I can only hope the person who did that to you is caught so no other dog has to go through what you did.

I did not need to hear this story to know what a wonderful place Diamond Veterinary Clinic is. You helped my miniature schnauzer, Muffy, through a long battle with cancer. A battle she eventually lost, but your love and care made it so much easier on all of us. You have cared for my past cat, Ichiro, as well as my current dog, Ruby. Dr. Zakos has always been wonderful to my pets, as long as she's there, I could never take my furkids anyplace else. Thank you for many years of your care!

-Lindsey & Ruby

tikeyas_mom
01-13-2004, 02:01 PM
gulp i would never shoot my dog in the head if it was in pain, i would take it to the vet...

iceyshiver21
01-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Stupid people.:mad:

Thank goodness all of us arent as cruel.

It's good that the owners and the vet saved him.

RubyMutt
01-22-2004, 08:55 PM
this article was in the local paper yesterday, I thought I would post it:

Chase's miracle continues (http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/04/1/21/18059574.cfm) :)

captain
01-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the update. I am so glad he is doing OK now ..