PDA

View Full Version : Rilla birdie to the rainbow bridge

Cookiebaker
01-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I can't even type this. I feel dizzy as I type this because it means it is real.

I came downstairs this morning to find that my Rilla birdie passed to the rainbow bridge sometime during the night last night. I feel so responsible. It should be me lying there and not her. It wasn't her fault. It was mine. All mine.

It was so very cold last night and I forgot to turn the heat up in her room. I can only assume that that is made her go. I am so tormented with guilt. I can't even face it. I fed her last night, and she seemed to be find. But was there a clue I didn't pick up on?? What happened?

Oh Rilla, beautiful birdie, Please fly free and eat all the millet you can. I am so sorry. But saying that isn't good enough. I just want to go back in time and hold you one more time. Just one more time. To tell you how much I adore you, how much cheer you bring to me.

Rilla was such a very special birdie to me. She wasn't very hand tamed and much prefered the company of her mirrors and bells to my hand, but that was OK. Our relationship was on her terms, not mine. She used to pace back and forth in front of the cage door wanting me to open it, but once it was open she would retreat to the back corner of her cage. I soon learned that it was because she just wanted me to come over and talk to her. I would lean real close between the bars, and she would nibble so softly on my lips. I would talk to her, and she would whistle oh-so-softly back.

I can't cry. I have this 200 pound weight against my heart. This can't be real. I just don't understand. It's all so sudden.

I've got to go. Peace, my sweet birdie.....

:(

Cookiebaker
01-08-2004, 05:32 PM
http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/newrilla6.JPG
One of my very favorite pictures, of a very favorite birdie

GoldenRetrLuver
01-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Not Rilla! :(:(:(
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. {{{HUGS}}}
RIP Rilla, Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge. You will be missed.

slick
01-08-2004, 06:07 PM
My heart is breaking for you and I can't imagine how much you are hurting now. Rilla, you are an angel-birdie now and your pale yellow wings have been replaced with soft glowing-white wings. Fly free Rilla and please say hi to Tico and Uchi for me. They will show you around.

Hugs to you Cookiebaker. Please don't feel guilty. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Sometimes these things just happen.

bluekat
01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
Oh no...I'm so sorry:( Don't blame this all on yourself either:(

RIP beautiful Rilla, have fun at RB...:(

jenluckenbach
01-08-2004, 06:34 PM
OH PLEASE DON'T BLAME YOURSELF!!! We have all thought at one time or other that we were the cause of tragedy. I even thought the tremedous heat of this past summer was the cause of one of my mousies' death. But it is sheer coincidence. PLEASE I do not want you to blame yourself for eternity. Just grieve dear Rilla and then cherish the memories. What a wonderful life Rilla had and you should keep all those memories close to you. RIP dear Rilla and have a safe trip to the RB
{{{HUGS}}}

Desert Arabian
01-08-2004, 07:50 PM
:( :( I am so shocked I don't know what to say. I am so sorry!!! :( :(

trayi52
01-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Rilla birdie, she sure was a beautiful girl.

Don't blame yourself, I wonder why we all think that we could have done something. Sometime things just happen, nothing you done caused it. By the looks of her you took very good care of her and kept her in a clean environment. She looked very happy.

Please don't blame yourself, I am so sorry.:(

Willie

Vermontcat
01-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Anna, I feel so bad for you!:(
It isn't your fault. I know you are a wonderful caring pet owner.
Hugs to you from T-bird and me.
I know Mark and Malone, Marigold and Willow will be there for you to help you feel better.
The photo you posted of Rilla is one of my favorites too. I also like the one of her on the giant finger perch.

sasvermont
01-09-2004, 05:54 AM
Anna, please do not blame yourself. You may never know what happened or why she moved on to RB. My heart goes out to you, knowing what it is like to second guess yourself over a pet passing away. I still wonder about Gabe and Greamer moving on in Feb. 2003.

Have you considered rescuing another birdie.....? It might help your heart heal a little.

Brrrrr. Stay warm sweet Anna.

SAS

XOXOXOXOXOX

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry to read this Anna, please don't blame yourself.
I am sure it is so hard, but know she is watching over you now.

Fly safely to the bridge, sweet Rilla, and keep watch over your mommy and daddy and Malone, Marigold, and Willow.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

shais_mom
01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
I am so sorry for you loss Anna.
Please know it isn't your fault.
{{hugs to you}}

Cookiebaker
01-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks so much for your kind words. What a relief it is to have other people who can understand.

Things are easier today in some ways, but so much harder in others. I hate the silence. :(

I really need some opinions. The people who gave us Rilla, was a friend of Mark's sister. (I don't know them at all) When they gave her to us, they had given us their email add. and kinda asked us to keep in touch; but I never have as their email add. didn't work. :o Is it appropriate to tell them that she passed on to the rainbow bridge?? I really don't know what to say or how, but on the other hand if they DO find out through the grapevine, I would feel horrible. And I feel horrible giving them bad news to begin with. Ugh I'm just not sure.

Dogz
01-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Oh, Anna.:(

--hugs--
I am so sorry, I can tell that you and Rilla had a very close relationship. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

RIP Rilla, have fun at the rainbow bridge.

Dogz
01-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Please know that it isn't your fault. Like jen said, it was a coincidence. I made this for you.

-hugs again-

wolf_Q
01-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Anna, I'm so very sorry. It's obvious she was a very special bird. Please don't blame yourself. :( {{{HUGS}}}

Aspen and Misty
01-10-2004, 10:09 AM
O Anna ::hugs:: I saw your siggy and went searching. I have tears in my eyes for you. I am so sorry, it's not yoru fault. ::hugs::

Hug dear sweet Malone and Willow, they'll get you through this hard time. ::hugs::

You were a wonderful mother to Rilla. I bet when she gets to the rainbow bridge she'll brag to all the other birdies about her special mother who loved her so much.

Ashley

Karen
01-10-2004, 10:21 AM
I would send them a little note saying that, "for unknown reasons, sweet Rilla bird passed away last night. We will miss her cheery presence, and wanted to let you know, we know you cared for her, too." And I would include a copy of the Rainbow Bridge story.

Cookiebaker
01-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Thank you Karen. That's very eloquent and perfect. :)

ChrisH
01-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Oh, Anna, I am so, so, sorry.:(

Rest in peace beautiful Rilla.

{{Big hugs}}

lizbud
01-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Cookiebaker,

I just now saw this thread & wanted to express my sympathy
in the loss of your beautiful bird Rilla.:( It is so hard to lose such
a sweet friend. I am so sorry.:(

anna_66
01-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Oh Anna, please don't feel guilty. I understand your feelings but please don't feel as though it was your fault.
I know she must have meant the world to you and you will miss her ever so much.
RIP Sweet Rilla

popcornbird
01-18-2004, 07:25 PM
What a terrible news to return to after being away for 3 weeks. :(:(:( Not little baby Rilla! Noooooo!!! :( :( :(

I'm at loss for words, and really don't even know what I'm typing because I'm dizzy after the looooooong flight back home. I'm so sorry about your loss. Rest in peace beautiful sweet Rilla. Rilla is now in heaven with her birdie buddy Azure. :(:(

{{{hugs}}}