PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Head

Edwina's Secretary
01-08-2004, 04:44 PM
For the first time in my adult life I left my house without making the bed this morning. My mother's admonitions were drowned out by this sight...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid98/p495c4394463f7152305ef3ed532d9b2c/fa04d2ea.jpg
(Don't worry mom, I made it as soon as I returned home! :D :D )

RedHedd
01-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Too sweet! Several days in the last few weeks while I was on vacation, the bed was left unmade almost all day because of the same "symptoms" - snoozing kitties looking way too cute and comfortable to disturb! As Martha would say, it's a good thing :D

Pam
01-08-2004, 05:11 PM
And if she had been sleeping on your lap, you'd have just had to stay home! ;)

rg_girlca
01-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Awwww how sweet. Many a days my bed hasn't been made cause of the same problem.

catnapper
01-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh my goodness, that is the reason I NEVER make my bed... there's always at least one cat or dog laying there all comfy and cozy like that!

I always thought it was because I was too lazy to make the bed... thank you for helping me realize the truth! Besides, its way too hard to make my bed since my husband and I don't share blankets... he likes different blanket types than I and whenever I make the bed, it takes forever because there's like 7 blankets and (I'm not kidding) 8 pillows. If you've ever looked closely at my posts, there's always a different color or patterend blanket, now you know why!

PS: When I do make my bed, I have to shoo both cats away a few times and remove the cat-sized lump form beneath the blankets.

PPS: What a pretty little bed-rumpler you have there!

Julie Grove
01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
My Gigi was such a lazy cat that at times I even had to change the bedding while she stayed sleeping on the bed! If I couldn't tuck the sheets under her then I would just put them over her - anything just so that she didn't have to move!

My friend Carole has drawers under her bed and her Smudge cat pulls out the drawer, empties it of the contents and then gets inside to sleep. It is a very funny thing to see.

Steffi N
01-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Very cute picture. I congratulate Edwina on her excellent taste in cat beds. That quilt is very pretty.

jenluckenbach
01-08-2004, 07:28 PM
I purposely CALL the cats to come lay on the bed so I have an excuse NOT to make it! ;) :D

jazzcat
01-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Awww, so cute.

slick
01-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Don't worry Sara.....we've all been there....and done that!!! What a sweet picture.:) :) There is nothing so relaxing than seeing a sleep kitty.

Killearn Kitties
01-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Aw, how cute! Is that Eddie slumbering happily there? He looks fully adjusted to his new home.

I'm always telling Sam that she doesn't have to get up when I do. She doesn't have to go to work. No matter how hard I try to persuade her though, she always gets up.:)

Randi
01-09-2004, 05:57 AM
How sweet, no wonder you had to leave it undone. :)

The minute I get out of bed, first Fister goes to the living room window and asks me too open it. Then, after my shower, he follows me in to the bedroom and we have a few cuddles while I dress. Then, it's time for a nap on "his" spot on my duvet. He stands there waiting patiently for me to put his blanket on top. Isn't he civilised? LOL!

I too love the quilt!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-09-2004, 06:11 AM
OH LORDY.... THE CUTENESS IS OVERTAKING ME!!!!!!!!!!!

What perfect most wonderful excuse to not make your bed!!!!!!.. and sooooo GREAT that you got a picture!!

*swoons*.. doesn't she look like a HAPPY kitty!

lbaker
01-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Moon Cat and sometimes her brother Emmitt are usually on the bed when I wake up and as soon as I get up at least one, sometimes two dogs, will jump up and start to rearrange the blankets into nests. What can I do? I learn to sleep in nests with built in bed warmers. It's nice on these cold, cold nights :cool: Suckers?? nah, lucky.

catlover4ever
01-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Oh, that's every morning at my house. They just love it when you get up to leave and they get right into your warm spot. I think they are trying to keep it warm for you in case you should decide to come back to bed. ;)

sqwelch
01-09-2004, 07:45 AM
I've made my bed loads of time with my RB Jock still lying in the middle of it, he wouldn't even budge. Same at night I'd come home and the lump would be there, right in the middle of my bed, I'd give him a wee shake and you'd hear a small grunt then about an hour later he would finally emerge, as if to say 'boy did I had a tough day today !!'
Bonnie isn't one for coming under the duvet with us, although shortly before Jock passed away he taught his sis exactly what to do, however she's fly and as soon as she hears the key in the door she's outta there leaving behind a hot spot, she must think I'm stupid!

K & L
01-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Boy I would love to be all snuggly in bed this morning myself!!:D What a sweet pictures.

bisi.cat
01-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Edwina, you're so darn cute!!!:) :) :)
What else can add to the perfection of a cosy and comfy bed than a snuggling cat???

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I purposely CALL the cats to come lay on the bed so I have an excuse NOT to make it! ;) :D
:D :D :D

Edwina, you look so precious there in your big bed. Awwwww.......

Must have been something in the air this morning because usually after his morning treats, Tubby heads right upstairs to bed. Well, this morning instead of heading upstairs, he jumped back in the big bed. It wasn't made yet, so he sat there patiently waiting until I had made it for him, then he promptly curled up and went right to sleep. He was sleeping so soundly that when I came to give him a little treat before I left, he didn't even hear me until I touched his nose with the treat. ;) :D Tired, tired kitties this morning. ;) :D

Cataholic
01-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Oh, how cute is that!

I make my bed in the am, but, sometimes, I leave a corner untouched cause someone has snuck back in for a quick nap.

ramanth
01-09-2004, 01:19 PM
How precious! :D If I make the bed, Kia remakes it for me. :rolleyes: :D

catcrazylady
01-09-2004, 04:43 PM
No way you could make the bed with Edwina in such a sweet position!! How adorable!! I just love it when they tuck themselves in and look so snuggly and adorable!!
Sammy is our bed hog and I generally don't get the bed made in the morning because he is sweetly tucked in and sound to sleep. I just don't have the heart to disturb him!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

lizbud
01-09-2004, 05:29 PM
What a sweet scene.:) I wouldn't have the heart to disturb
any sleeping kitty. :) Please tell me if that's Edwina or is it
Eddie ? I'm thinking it's Eddie.:D

RedHedd
01-09-2004, 05:59 PM
I didn't make the bed the other day because of this:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p4ae719c298f29c54742f3ff8ac346274/fa10a109.jpg
I love it when he buries his nose into his tail - it's SO cute! Who needs expensive cat beds, when a king-size down pillow with a flannel pillowcase will work just as well? I didn't have the heart to disturb him - he slept there for most of the day and now that's his favorite place to sleep at night - right next to meowmie! :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-09-2004, 07:02 PM
It's Edwina!

kimlovescats
01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Hard to believe it is the "first time" you've ever NOT made your bed.... hehe :eek:

But, it is an adorable picture, and a GREAT excuse!;)