Albea
01-08-2004, 11:20 AM
I just got this from a friend:

If I didn't have dogs.....

1) I could walk around safely barefoot in the dark;
2) My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated;
3) All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of dog hair;
4) When the doorbell rang, it wouldn't sound like the SPCA kennels;
5) When the doorbell rang, I could get to the door without wading thru four or five dog bodies who beat me there;
6) I could sit how I wanted to on the couch without taking into consideration where several little furbodies would need to get;
7) I would not have strange presents under my tree....like dog bones,
8) I would not be on a first name basis with a vet;
9) Most used words in my vocabulary would not be: potty, outside, sit, down, come, no, and leave him/her ALONE;
10) My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates;
11) My purse would not contain things like poop pick up bags and dog treats;
12) I would no longer have to spell the world B-A-L-L and F-R-I-S-B-E-E;
13) I would not buy weird things to stuff into "kongs", or have to explain why I'm buying them, or what a "kong" is;
14) I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside;
15) I would not look strangely at people who think having their ONE dog ties them down too much;
16) I would not have to answer the question why do I have so many dogs from people who will never have the joy in their life of knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel as they will ever get.
Who else has a friend who considers you the MOST important thing in the whole wide world all the time?
_
Author Unknown
_
"Animals are more than ever a test of character, of mankind's capacity for empathy and for decent, honorable conduct and faithful stewardship.__We are
called to treat them with kindness, not because they have rights or power or some claim to equality, but in a sense because they don't; because they all stand unequal and powerless before us."

-- Matthew Scully
_
Over ten million animals are abused, neglected or abandoned yearly. Visit
The Animal Rescue Site:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/home
every day to give a bowl of food to an abandoned animal -- at no cost to you -- and participate in the fight to save animals in need.

Corinna
01-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Gees was that author looking at my house? Only too true. Loved it.

robinh
01-08-2004, 11:43 AM
That is so beautiful! And so true. I can't imagine my life without my little ones. They are always happy to see me and love me without reservation. I see heaven in each and everyone of their eyes.

Thanks for sharing that. I passed it along to several people.

K9soul
01-08-2004, 11:47 AM
That was cute.

1) I could walk around safely barefoot in the dark;

This one really hits home today cause this morning my husband stepped on a log Tommy left in front of the step in the garage and fell and hit his head on the car and dented the car :o

He wasn't too happy :( . I'm sure Tommy will be happy to comfort him though :D

trayi52
01-08-2004, 11:49 AM
That is oh so true! That was a good one!!

Willie:)

GoldenRetrLuver
01-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Albea
6) I could sit how I wanted to on the couch without taking into consideration where several little furbodies would need to get;
7) I would not have strange presents under my tree....like dog bones,

I know those too well! :o

That's cute. Thanks for sharing. :)

trayi52
01-08-2004, 12:08 PM
GoldenRetrLuver, that one kinda of fit me too, only thing is my dogs that get on the couch are Chihuahuas and they tend to want to sit behind me, and it feel like I have a big lump in my back.
:D

robinh
01-08-2004, 12:18 PM
This one really hits home today cause this morning my husband stepped on a log Tommy left in front of the step in the garage and fell and hit his head on the car and dented the car

Ouch! Is he OK?

K9soul
01-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by robinh
Ouch! Is he OK?

Yeah just a bit sore I think. He has a bad back though and I'm hoping he didn't make that worse.

He's extremely stubborn about going to the doctor's.

lovemyshiba
01-08-2004, 01:58 PM
As I was reading this, the UPS man came to the door and rang the bell, as if to illustrate number 4!!!!:D

Thanks for posting this--I love it!!!

anna_66
01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of dog hair

When the doorbell rang, I could get to the door without wading thru four or five dog bodies who beat me there;

These are all too true at my house:p

I'm glad you shared that, it made me :D :D

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Albea
"Animals are more than ever a test of character, of mankind's capacity for empathy and for decent, honorable conduct and faithful stewardship.__We are
called to treat them with kindness, not because they have rights or power or some claim to equality, but in a sense because they don't; because they all stand unequal and powerless before us."

-- Matthew Scully

I'm very touched by this quote--how beautiful!

catnapper
01-08-2004, 11:04 PM
OK #2 is wrong for me - we HAD to crpet our stairs because EVERY morning Nicki would go sliding down them when they were just the oak treads! We felt so bad for her so we put a runner in! Now nobody wants to vaccuum it - perhaps navy blue was the wrong color.:D

pitc9
01-09-2004, 08:03 AM
How True!! How True!!!!