PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's new years resolution?

Sirrahsim
01-07-2004, 10:53 PM
The past few days have brought about a miracle in our household. Boomer generally loathes the very presence of my husband. If Paul is anywhere in the house, Boomer is sure to avoid him like the plague. However, recently I have caught him snuggling up to his skin daddy on more than one occasion! I don't have any pictures yet, because Boomer generally starts ignoring Paul again if I come into the room, but it's amazing! Boomer's has been letting him pick him up and he'll actually eat treats right out of Paul's fingers!! Before, he would just stare at the treat and then at the ground, expectantly waiting for said treat to be dropped. Boomer is still none too plussed at seeing Paul in his uniform, but we have certainly come a long way. DO you think maybe Boomer resolved to be nicer to the "competition" for my affections?:D ;) :)

Oh, by the way, Paul won't admit it, but he is obviously thrilled at this "turning of the tides" he takes every opportunity to go say Hi to his "Boomie" and to give him scritches and pats. I'll make a cat lover out of him yet, allergies and all!

cutie_chica
01-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Yea, Guys are like that, Princess didnt like my guy at first neither, so he acted like he didnt care, or whatever, but one day when she was sick, it was like 4 am, he was up and had her in the cage and calling an emergency vet lol!! She Loves him now!!

Killearn Kitties
01-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Aw Boomer, that is so nice of you! Your Daddy will be thrilled by the new you!

Our Samantha has always loved her Daddy, but didn't have too much to do with me at first. Gradually though, she came to realise that my lap would do if Alec wasn't about. Now, I think, she loves me almost as much!:D :D

catmandu
01-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Sometimes , it takes a while for some Cats to get used to you. Rocca , and John have been here , over a year , and they still can be a little skittish, and you have to let them approach you. It is nice that Boomer , and his Guardian Dad , can be Good Friends!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Awww...I'm so glad Boomie is warming up to his daddy. :D That can only be a good thing. Maybe both of them made a little effort and are now finding out how rewarding it can be. :D

Felicia's Mom
01-08-2004, 11:11 AM
I am glad they are getting along better.