PDA

View Full Version : I won a gift for my kitties today

carole
01-07-2004, 06:33 PM
I entered a competition weeks and weeks ago, and just forgot about it, and thought oh well thats that, however the courier delivered my parcel today, I won a paradise beach playmat for the cats from go -cat, they had lots to give away, so I was one of the lucky ones, it has like this material palm tree with two balls with bells inside hanging off it, and a crab attached to the rest of the mat, a material one of course, so far Lexie just took one look at it and then moved on, maybe later she might show some interest when she is bored who knows, oh well it was free so it does not matter.:)

AmberLee
01-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Congratulations! Don't give up too soon. Sometimes presents get ignored here for weeks or months, then suddenly get popular with the cats... Who knows why?

carole
01-07-2004, 07:02 PM
I will take your advice amberlee, and be patient, when she is in a playful mood she probably will use it, hopefully!!:)

Freckles
01-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Can you add some catnip?
Works for Freckles.:)

jazzcat
01-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Very cool!! Congrats!

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by carole
... oh well it was free so it does not matter.:)

That is a sure sign she will love it! It's the toys that cost a fortune that do not get used around here-- :)

Felicia's Mom
01-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Congrats on winning your prize. I hope your cat play with it.

K & L
01-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Congratulations! It's always fun to win!!

Kirsten
01-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Congrats, that's cool! :)

I agree with Freckles, cat nip also helps a lot here when I'm introducing new things! :)

Kirsten

carole
01-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, tried the catnip, she smooched that, but no she just is not interested in the toy, oh well, I will leave it there for sometime and see what happens, if not I shall put it away for when and if I ever get a kitten, surely to be on the cards one of these days, not like its going to date or go out of fashion lol now is it?:)

Kirsten
01-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Yes, be patient and don't give up. I once bought a big round cushion for Luna, and she couldn't care less about it. Many months later, I suddenly found her sleeping there, it's been her favourite spot for a long time, and she still likes it (and so does Lily). :)

Kirsten

Uabassoon
01-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Congrats on winning! I'm sure after a while your kitties will discover it :)

carole
01-08-2004, 01:08 PM
You are right Kirsten, I must be patient, not one of my best known qualities (He He), I guess I expected her to fall instantly in love with it, well her paradise beach playmat will remain in the corner of our lounge for her as long as she likes.:)

Killearn Kitties
01-09-2004, 03:20 AM
How exciting! It's always good to win something isn't it? Hope you have a camera ready if she ever does decide to use it.

carole
01-09-2004, 03:44 AM
A camera is on this years xmas wish list. sigh.;)