PDA

View Full Version : Ummm....I think I changed my mind...(video)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 02:45 PM
We got about 6" of snow last Sunday. Terry had just gotten back from vacation and we were in and out unloading things, and Tubby kept trying to get out. Unusual because he normally comes to the door, but then backs away as we come in because he knows he can't go out without his rope. He seemed so insistent that he wanted to go out....that I let him out! I knew it wouldn't last long because of the snow, so I had my camera ready. ;) :D

Isis_7
01-07-2004, 02:49 PM
That was so cute! I bet he doesn't wonder what the white stuff is anymore!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks Isis. :)

I just wanted to mention that the only sound on the video was the Packer game and the wash machine, so I muted the sound - so don't worry about opening this one at work. ;) :D

I just love it when he flips his little pawsies - ewwww, this stuff is wet, mom! ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-07-2004, 03:10 PM
:cool:

Note the Paw Shakes!
AND the lil *trip* / *slip* on that first step up on the return!

Boots does the :eek: & *Shake* Paw motion when he steps on a Snow Glob
the Dawgs track in on a snowy day!

NEAT video, Deb!! :)

rg_girlca
01-07-2004, 03:27 PM
That is so cute.

Was that his first time out in the snow?

With Mooky's first time with snow, which was just before Christmas, he just put his two front paws out the door and then jumped back in the house as if to say, "What the sam H was that.":eek:

kimlovescats
01-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Ah, Tubby .... I don't blame you kitty boy!!! You stay inside where it's nice and warm and keep those pawsies all nice and dry!!!:D

ChrisH
01-07-2004, 03:56 PM
That is so cute! :) :)

Russian Blue
01-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Very cute! But how did you attach the video? I've tried a gazzillion times with no success!

(Ok, I'm exaggerating with the gazzillion, but you get the point)

I want to share Nakita videos!!

*pout*

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-07-2004, 04:28 PM
KITTY PAWSIES... KITTY PAWSIES

THE TUBBY PAWPRINTS ARE TOOOOOO MUCH...

SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

What a nice meowmie to let Tubby out to explore in the snow!

and even better PT'er for making a video!!!:D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 04:31 PM
There is a size limit so as long as the video is small enough, you should be able to attach it. I'm still experimenting with size. This one was 700 kb and it took it no problem, so next time I'll try one a little bigger. I use the Windows Movie Maker that came with my computer to resize and put it into a format that is able to be attached.

There have been a few times in Tubby's life when he has seen/felt snow, but nothing within say, the last 10 years or so. I remember the very first time, he was a lot younger, and I was a lot less sensitive to his needs :rolleyes: and I just picked him up and threw him in a snowbank. Needless to say he wasn't a happy camper and came right back in the house that time too. ;) :D

This was just soooo funny because as soon as he saw the door open, he dashed right out like "Oh boy, I get to go outside!". Well....as you can see, he changed his mind in a big hurry. :D You can tell he wanted to check some things out because he pauses and sniffs a little, but the cold wet pawsies will bring him in everytime. :D

delidog
01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Aww!!!! Tubby!!!!!BRRRR!!!!!!

"Mom,Let me Back In!! I Made a Big Mistake!!!"

Great Video!!!!!

Pssst Tubby!!!!!!
Tell Mom And Dad...Get back in that RV and Drive to Sunny Florida!!!!!
Bring Peanut Too!!!!:) :D

Lixx
01-07-2004, 08:32 PM
LOL that such a cute video. When I still lived up norht with my folks, Orangeyabald would do the same thing! Meow,meow,meow, let me outside-then get there and go AHH! It's cold and wet!:rolleyes:

iloverat
01-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm SO GLAD you were able to catch on video Tubby's venture into the wintry wonderland. That was so cute!!!! Loved the teeny kitty pawprints in the snow, that he barely made it off your porch before deciding he'd had enough of that nonsense, and of, course, the paw shake to rid himself of that nasty cold, wet stuff. Just adorable. :D :D :D

Tonya
01-07-2004, 09:00 PM
That is very cute! We should have more videos on PT!

anna_66
01-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Looks like he really wanted to go out in it, but quickly changed his mind:eek: But who can blame him:D

Vermontcat
01-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Tubby is such a brave boy for actually setting foot out in the cold, wet snow!
Samantha will beg to go out too but when you open the door and she sees the snow, she throws it in reverse and backs away from the door.:)
Great video! Thanks for sharing!:D

slick
01-07-2004, 09:32 PM
OMG, that's hilarious. Thank you for the smile Debbie. I needed that tonight. Hugs to you. :)

andrea_NMAggie
01-07-2004, 09:57 PM
what a great video! i tried to get my pookie bear to come outside and experience our snow yesterday, but she wanted to have nothing to do with it!

Killearn Kitties
01-08-2004, 04:51 AM
Aw, he's awfully cute! And isn't his fur gorgeous with the snow falling on it.:)

Edwina's Secretary
01-08-2004, 08:12 AM
What a brave Tubby! Edwina took a sniff of the air and a long (cold for me) look at the snow and, like Samantha, chose comfort over adventure!

Felicia's Mom
01-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks, I enjoyed. I don't know how mine would act in the snow. They are not allowed outside in any weather.

catmandu
01-08-2004, 08:56 AM
It certainly did not take long for him to realize that snow is not for him. My Cats , when I was young , used to sit , undecided , whether they wanted to go out , or not. That ticked my mum off , and she helped them decide. Then they came in the other door,!

Vio&Juni
01-08-2004, 09:10 AM
so cute!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks everybody. I just think he is hilarious, so I'm glad I had the camera handy to share that with you all. :D I do believe he "learned his lesson" though because Terry was out front yesterday. We have a screen door on the front that we put glass in during the winter so I thought since Terry was out front Tubby might want to sit by the door and watch him - which he usually likes to do. Well....he got close enough to notice the cold and said no way, I'm not doing this again, turned around and ran back to the comfort of his purr pad - far away from the cold and snow. ;) :D :D Sometimes he is just too funny. :D

ramanth
01-08-2004, 10:06 AM
LOL!!

"Mom! What kind of cruel joke is this!?!" ;) :D

Did he immediately go to a different door expecting better weather conditions? :D