PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #36 CHECK this out!!

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Good day and how is everyone??

I just wanted to know how many of you are still writing '03 on your checks.....I did get the date wrong today...but, not the year...

This is Thursday, isn't it?;)

And since it's cold outside for most of you...the DOTD is an.....

Eskimo Kiss

Equal parts of; Swiss Chocolate Almond, Cherry Brandy & Amaretto

Layer in exact order into a Pony or Shot glass, Top with Whipped Cream

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm getting the right date, but for some reason I keep writing 2005!!! :eek: Nothing like trying to hurry things along a little. ;) :rolleyes:

That Eskimo Kiss sounds wonderful, I'll take one of those.

I've been waiting all week for the bar to open. For some reason I need Thursday this week. ;)

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I'm getting the right date, but for some reason I keep writing 2005!!! :eek: Nothing like trying to hurry things along a little. ;) :rolleyes:

That Eskimo Kiss sounds wonderful, I'll take one of those.

I've been waiting all week for the bar to open. For some reason I need Thursday this week. ;)

lol,

2005!

You need a drink...

One Eskimo Kiss for you!

DONE..

Corinna
01-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Hello no it is wedsday or the day from hell If you have seen the photos I postes on Brrrrrr its cold. I will have a hot cocoa with a shot of peppermint snops. !st day of above 0 temps.
Remember No brownies for Moosmom she has a chance of a job with drug tests. I got the recipe for the lemon bars from last nights Whoopi show. keep her out of them too.

slick
01-07-2004, 03:11 PM
I don't write cheques...I pay bills either on-line, pre-authorized payment, or in person using direct debit.

No hot drinks for me; I'll take my usual - BM with a twist of lemon and a celery stick. Oh, and maybe some stuffed olives. Thanks Richard. Besides, I don't kiss on the first date.....

Well, after that cold snap last weekend we had a big dump of snow yesterday and today it's raining which is typical. God bless my truck with 4-wheel drive.

PS You guys spell "check" wrong ;)

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Hello no it is wedsday or the day from hell If you have seen the photos I postes on Brrrrrr its cold. I will have a hot cocoa with a shot of peppermint snops. !st day of above 0 temps.
Remember No brownies for Moosmom she has a chance of a job with drug tests. I got the recipe for the lemon bars from last nights Whoopi show. keep her out of them too.

LOL,

Hot cocoa w/schnapps for you...

Can MoosMom have some popcorn???

DONE!

Slick,

A bloody mary for you, lemon, celery and an olive!

On line payments????

What's that?;)

DONE!

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 04:03 PM
heh, i don't write checks....i pay with cold hard CASH;)

could you make me a latte? Please?

do you have any food? i'm really hungry!:D

2kitties
01-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by slick
I don't write cheques...I pay bills either on-line, pre-authorized payment, or in person using direct debit.

Me too. I'll bet I haven't written more than 20 checks in since I got online bill pay 4 years ago:)

2kitties
01-07-2004, 04:07 PM
I"m off to a girls weekend in New York City tomorrow. So I'll ahve a Manhattan to get me in the spirit.

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
heh, i don't write checks....i pay with cold hard CASH;)

could you make me a latte? Please?

do you have any food? i'm really hungry!:D

Do you want a 'little' or a "latte"?

:rolleyes:

DONE!

I have some left over fruit cake from the holidays..:eek:

Order something...I'll fire up the grill!

2k,

You are in SO much trouble.....;)

Manhattan for you!

DONE!

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

I have some left over fruit cake from the holidays..:eek:

Hmmmmm..fruit cake? sounds good! it's not moldy is it? it is still good if it's not moldy:p

mugsy
01-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Hot tea with Splenda in it...my hands are freezing and it's been a truly lousy day....and hot tea sounds good....green tea to be exact.

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Hmmmmm..fruit cake? sounds good! it's not moldy is it? it is still good if it's not moldy:p

LOL,

You just may be the only person left in the world that eats fruit cake....

DONE???

Mugs,

Hot Green Tea..w/Splenda.....Great stuff!!!
I llike it better than sweet and low...

DONE!

babolaypo65
01-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Richard: da me un beso, por Favor. Un Eskimo beso!:D
It sounds great!

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Richard: da me un beso, por Favor. Un Eskimo beso!:D
It sounds great!

Un beso de Eskimo por al senorita!

Ya Hecho!

(An Eskimo kiss for the lady! IT'S DONE!)

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone!!!!!

I made a new year's resolution to quit lurking at Thursday's, and come on in!!!
No drinking for me, but I'll have a hot cocoa with whipped cream--it is coooooooold here!!!!!!

Had a day off today, and did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Made breakfast, fed the dogs, played a bit, and sat on the couch all day watching TNT. It's so cold out, if I don't have to go anywhere, I'm not going!!!!

babolaypo65
01-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Un beso de Eskimo por al senorita!

Ya Hecho!

(An Eskimo kiss for the lady! IT'S DONE!)

Gracias mi amigo!
VIVA las Jueves!!!!!!

babolaypo65
01-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Hi everyone!!!!!

I made a new year's resolution to quit lurking at Thursday's, and come on in!!!
No drinking for me, but I'll have a hot cocoa with whipped cream--it is coooooooold here!!!!!!

Had a day off today, and did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Made breakfast, fed the dogs, played a bit, and sat on the couch all day watching TNT. It's so cold out, if I don't have to go anywhere, I'm not going!!!!
WELCOME! pull up a stool!

dukedogsmom
01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
That Eskimo Kiss sounds delish! Count me in. And, it's Wednesday here, too. But, who cares if we start early?

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
That Eskimo Kiss sounds delish! Count me in. And, it's Wednesday here, too. But, who cares if we start early?

lol,

DONE!
We start early for the people on the other side on the International Date Line!!!

Babo,

LOL,

I can hardly wait for Cinco De Mayo!!

And Last But Not Least...

Welcome LoveMyShiba,

A hot chocolate for you!!!

DONE!

See how much nicer it is on the inside, as opposed to looking thru the window???

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2004, 05:26 PM
The eskimo kiss sounds great! Make it a double :)

Happy Thursday everyone!

slick
01-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Hi everyone!!!!! I made a new year's resolution to quit lurking at Thursday's, and come on in!!!
Hi LMS!! Welcome to Thursday's. A word of warning; stay out of the Lost & Found. There are strange things back there.

Since this your first visit, how about a joke or two to share?? Don't worry if it's corny. We laugh at anything!!!:D :D

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 05:47 PM
ehe...is there a fire place around here anywhere? it's really cold!

Corinna
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey guys I found an Large piece of plastic in the L&F (don't ask why I was in there) any one want to go sledding? I see a great hill out back here..
Welcome to thursdays.

trayi52
01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey Richard, I'll take an eskimo kiss too, it sounds so good!! I think I might want a double too!!

Where did Slick go??

Hey G.P. how are you today?

And how are the rest of you doing today that is not Thursday to me either, But I will make it thursday so I will have 2 Thursdays.

;) ;)

Willie

babolaypo65
01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
lol,

Babo,

LOL,

I can hardly wait for Cinco De Mayo!!

get ready! I'll be hollering SI, se puede! and other boisterous things!

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 06:09 PM
hehe i was sledding on a garbage can lid yesterday;)
what did you guys do today? i bet you didn't get to lay around and eat grilled cheese sandwiches like i did :p

Corinna
01-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I took some pics of our snow and ate popcornI'm getting a faster computer so I have to clear this one I'll be doing it all week and hopfully I can get the new one this weekend.

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 06:16 PM
CM,

a Kiss for you, DOUBLE!

DONE!

GP,

In the back.....could you bring in an arm of wood,
please?

Tray,

A double for you!

DONE!

Check the L&F....

Babo,

LOL.....five more months...

Corrina,

You and GP go, but be careful.....I am too old for that.......(i'll sneak out later on and do a trip or two....);)

Corinna
01-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Whee that was fun I feel like a snow man now. How about a cup of that green tea and splenda? Whispers to Richard The plastic is out back by the door.
You can be much older than me. I was born in 61.

slick
01-07-2004, 06:38 PM
I was born in 61.
Me?? Try '52 :D :D
Richard, that BM was splendid. I'll coast now until tomorrow. As for sledding, maybe tomorrow. I'm not wearing the right clothes for it today.

I'll go bring up some piles of wood for tomorrow. I think it's going to be busy around here. I'll also bring in some blankies and slippers for the sledders. I'm outta here soon. See y'all tomorrow.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-07-2004, 06:43 PM
LOL,

You just may be the only person left in the world that eats fruit cake....

Not quite! I not only eat it. I LIKE it!
I'll have a big slice and a cup of hot cocoa with three BIG marshamallows, please?:D

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Not quite! I not only eat it. I LIKE it!
?:D

My fruit cake friend!!!!

sorry, heres the wood! i had to walk 10 miles in the snow! barefoot1 and up hill both ways!!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 07:28 PM
sorry, heres the wood! i had to walk 10 miles in the snow! barefoot1 and up hill both ways!!;)

:D :D Suuuurre you did GP. ;) :D I bet the drifts were as high as the telephone wires too. ;) :D

I'd go sledding with you guys, but from what I've heard about that L & F, I'm not going anywhere near anything found in there! :eek:

I love playing in the snow. Unfortunately around here we usually don't get that much, and when we do it's a work day so no time to play. Or like this last snow, right after it snowed the temps went to the single digits with wind....and I'm not quite that adventurous anymore (born in '62 mind you). ;)

I'm off to class now, so I'll have one of those Eskimo kisses to go, please.

RICHARD
01-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Me?? Try '52 :D :D
Richard, that BM was splendid. I'll coast now until tomorrow. As for sledding, maybe tomorrow. I'm not wearing the right clothes for it today.

Thanks Slick,

be careful on the way home, o.k.?

Corrina,

I am ancient!:rolleyes:

MOFF,
we have to talk about that!!!! fruitcake:eek:

Hot chocolate and three marchmallows.

GP,
I am sorry! that big snow bank over by the back door is a pile of wood!!!

Mayahana cut some up before the weather hit...

Go sit by the fire......
:)

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 07:33 PM
:D :D Suuuurre you did GP. ;) :D I bet the drifts were as high as the telephone wires too. ;) :D

:eek: how did you know???adn the snow was up to my chest too!:p

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 07:57 PM

See how much nicer it is on the inside, as opposed to looking thru the window???

It definitely feels a bit warmer in here!!!!!

Joke? hmmm...I'll have to think about that one.....

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 08:00 PM
hey! i love these fluffy chairs by the fire!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Anybody got a high speed internet access around here? I'm trying to do these labs for class and they take forever to load. I think the school needs a faster connection, or maybe a bigger server or something. There's just way too many people trying to access the same thing at the same time. Sorry, don't know the technical terms for that - still learning.

Move over GP, I'll join you on these comfy chairs. Nothing like a warm fire, comfy chair and good drink on a cold night. The only other thing we need is a few 4 leggers....Tubby, come here big boy.....

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 08:11 PM
i have highspeed internet!

yep i love sitting by the fire! don't forget eating iceing from the can with a spoon!:p

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I miss my fireplace so much!!!!!
It was only a gas fireplace, not a real one, but I still loved to curl up with Kito and Abbey and fall asleep in front of it.

Save some space for me on those big comfy chairs, I'm doing dinner right now, and I'll be right back to join you.

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 08:28 PM
We have two fireplaces. i almost burned the house down yesterday trying to light it though:o
it's left-over veggie lasagne for me tonight:D

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 08:28 PM
oh yeah! and left over birthday cake for dessert!

i love leftovers!

mugsy
01-07-2004, 08:29 PM
I have a cable modem!

I was born in '61 also Corinna.

I'm sorry to bring down the thread, but, would everyone raise a toast and say a prayer for poor little Raven, the little GSD we rescued in the name of Cobb Care that went to the Bridge earlier this evening from Parvo.

Thanks guys....I can always count on Thursdays to make me feel a bit better and to help others in need.

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 08:31 PM
A toast to raven!!!!

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 08:32 PM
you guys talk about being old:rolleyes: i was born way back in '89!!!! now that's old!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 08:49 PM
you guys talk about being old:rolleyes: i was born way back in '89!!!! now that's old!!

So technically that means you need to be with a parent or guardian to be in the bar, right? Not to worry, we'll all guard you from the nasty cold outside and that'll count, won't it? ;) :D

Sorry, can't join you in the icing from the can. I've always hated that stuff. Home made or nothing for me. Home made cream cheese frosting is the absolute best!!! And butter frosting too. All it is is butter, powder sugar and a little milk - no calories, carbs, fat or cholesteral (sp?) in that!

I'm so sorry, Mugsy, here's to sweet little Raven. Rest in peace sweetie. :( And hugs to you Mugs, you're the best for caring for so many of these poor little throw aways.

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2004, 08:50 PM

You think it is funny to joke, and it may nothave been 10 miles BUT...

My Junior year of college (In Cincinnati, where it is all hills!) we got 18 inches of snow. School of course was not cancelled, but I couldn't get my car out of the parking lot of our house. So I did, indeed have to walk to school in 18 inches of snow, uphill, both ways :)

We lit a fire here last night and it was great!! The only thing I don't like is that Cincy is afraid of the fire and won't stay in the living room with us ( She is getting better...she will come into the room if called, but she still runs out as soon as you let her...last yar you had to beg her to even come in the room!)

slick
01-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I'm sorry to bring down the thread, but, would everyone raise a toast and say a prayer for poor little Raven, the little GSD we rescued in the name of Cobb Care that went to the Bridge earlier this evening from Parvo.
Oh I'm so sorry Molly! Toast to Raven :(
I also have some bad news. Please read Luba's update in Cat Health. Please can we have a toast to Luba. Her Meowmie has a decision to make.

Thanks.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Here's to Luba. <sadly raises glass>

:(

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Here's to Raven.

I looooooove homemade icing too--usually make it with condensed milk though, not regular milk--yummy!!!
But I can eat the stuff right out of the can too!!!!

Off to read the other thread.....

Corinna
01-07-2004, 10:49 PM
{hug} Molly , Heres to Raven, its a better place you have gone to surrounded by love and loved pets.

Richard define anicent ?

Miss Meow
01-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Rest in peace, poor Raven.

Slick, I'll go and read your update on Luba :(

May I have an Eskimo Kiss, please? Where do you get these delicious sounding drinks??? :)

Soledad
01-07-2004, 11:07 PM
To Luba!:(

And Raven, have a safe journey. You were loved.

dukedogsmom
01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
To Raven and Luba. And, Corinna, that snow pic was beautiful! Born in '89? Uh, I graduated in '82. So, guess that makes me old, too, darnit.

Corinna
01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Well I have to go get the guys lunches ready for work tommorrow, I'll check in ,in the morning see whos under which table. I have to to the bill thing tommorrow too>YUCK in the snow maybe another 5 inches. SOOOOOO glad I bought my Montero this summer (even though I hate payments) Nighty night

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 01:00 AM

Richard define anicent ?

too old to rock and roll and too young to die?

Or Old enough to know better and young enough not to be on display in a museum:rolleyes:

trayi52
01-08-2004, 01:07 AM
Richard, you are really making me feel old because I KNOW I am older than you.

Well I think I want a Hot Buttered Rum, I love them!!!

Has everybody done gone to sleep?

This old ancient woman is still up? All the younguns are already sleeping!

Oh well, I am not a morining person, I'm a night person.

Goodnight all!!

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Miss Meow..

A eskimo kiss for you....

DONE!

I saw the most wonderful little program about Sydney.....

Oh man....I have to save my pennies...what a gorgeous city!!

Tray

Hot Buttered RUM....

DONE!

gini
01-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Just got home after a wonderful dinner with a sweet niece and nephew. The nephew is on his way back to college to finish his junior year.

I thought I would stop by the bar for a nightcap - good grief, who brought the formaldahyde fruit cake?

Yeah, Richard, I am not going to fall for the Eskimo Kiss drink - raise it to your lips and your lips stick to the glass........really funny.

And you are all talking about your age - I just refuse to go there......I can't stand to be laughed at over my age! :D

I don't want to alarm anyone, but there are noises coming from the L & F. Didn't we just clean that thing out and sell everything off? By the way, how much did we make? Enough to restock the bar, I hope.

Richard, I think I will have a hot buttered rum...........umm that sounds good.

And there is an extra chair by the fire - it looks very inviting right now..........I think I will welcome the newcomers.

(Raven and Luba, my prayers are with you both........)

lbaker
01-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Hate to drink & run but if someone could fix me a hot buttered rum (believe it or not I was going to suggest that myself a few days ago.. just haven't had time to post) I'll tromp out back & bring some more wood in. Print order day today at work so I'll try to stop by later. I graduated high school in 1965 and I still go sleigh riding - so nanny nanny boo boo on some of you wimps ;) :p

robinh
01-08-2004, 08:05 AM
To Raven and Luba.

I'll have a DoD Richard.

Fess up, Richard - just how old are you?? I know I'm feeling kind of old today (or is it just creaky). This cold just freezes my joints up.

Are there any more comfy chairs open. I'm in the mood to sit, talk and sip a drink.

G.P.girl
01-08-2004, 08:53 AM
So technically that means you need to be with a parent or guardian to be in the bar, right?

meh...no comment...:rolleyes:

amoore
01-08-2004, 09:01 AM
Good morning every one!:D

Any coffee around here?

mugsy
01-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by amoore
Good morning every one!:D

Any coffee around here?

Maybe of the Mexican variety! ;)

Ok, it's officially Thursday in the States.....I think in celebration of not having kids tomorrow so I can get somethings done here at school...I'll try one of those Eskimo Kisses. But I have to wait until after school and I have to work a basketball game, so I won't leave until almost 5.

amoore
01-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Long as it is coffee, I want it! :D

Richard where are you? I think Robinh ask you a question. :D

G.p.girl, I had no idea you were so young! Must be nice. ;)

Corinna
01-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone , I woke up to 2 more inches of snow. supposed to have freezing rain then snow again this afternoon. At least the temps are in the above zero. It's early here so how about a ice tea this morning.

gini
01-08-2004, 10:23 AM
This work is killing me - guess I will just stick to some hot coffee this morning.

Stay warm everyone - I think someone stoked up the fire.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by gini
I don't want to alarm anyone, but there are noises coming from the L & F.

Has anyone seen Slick? Maybe she's still got one of those Haz-Mat guys back there. ;)

(Sorry, I know Slick is having a rough day, but I just couldn't resist.)

I'll take one of those Mexican Coffees this morning too, but can you make it decaf? And please refresh my feeble mind - what's a Mexican Coffee? I remember it sounded yummy the first time I heard, which is why I'll order one not knowing what it is.....

I vote for Morningstar Black Bean Burgers for lunch, with provolone and peppers on top. ;) :D

amoore
01-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Corina how do you drink cold stuff when it is so cold?
You lucky girl! I wish it would snow here!

Gini, You tell them at work you can't work hard today, you have some cyber drinking to do! :D

Corinna
01-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Didn't I see slick a sleep in one of those nice comfy chairs by the fire.
Has any one heard if moosmom got the job or a call back interveiw? Heard about school which is so cool I don't know if I could handle that again .
GP ....... Did they have school today out there ? Wondering if my neices and nephews had to go. I don't want to call the parents if the kids are home. Too confusing.

trayi52
01-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Hey everyone!! Good Morning and yesssss I want coffee, I cannot start the day without my coffee!!

I read somewhere in another thread where Richard said he was 5 years old when he heard Kennedy was shot....At least I think that was him that said that, so everybody get your pencil and paper out and we can start doing some math as we try and guess Richard's age...LOL!!!

Woohoo! Great coffee!!!

and what ever that is moving around in the lost and found, well just try to keep the door shut so it won't escape!;)

Willie

amoore
01-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Tubby & peanut's mom, That sounds good!

Hi willie! I didn't see you when I came in. I see you have Grover with you! I brought Iggy pop, but he jumps around so much he is hard to see.

Corinna
01-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Ok you Floridains what is this story about the Christan nudist camp.? One of our local talk shows just read a story about it. The guy says the scripture is enough to cover every one.

The ice tea is a fallow up after 3 cups of hot tea ,I'm going to be in the ladies room all morning I can tell . Trying to flush a clod virus out.

lbaker
01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Corinna, a "clod virus" :eek: ewwwwwww, better put on one of the HazMat guys masks ... that sounds contagious ;) Christian nudist camps? huh? Where's that hot buttered rum? That snow out back by the wood pile is cold!! Here's another arm full of lovely apple wood... mmmmm, love that smell.

Corinna
01-08-2004, 10:59 AM
A clod virus is my stupid sleeping fingers.
Should be a cold virus.
I couldn't beleive the story either but the reporter said she read it in the paper but didn't say which one. It was quite a story. Just wondering if any one in Florida could put it up for us all to read and discuss.(couldbe intresting on this thread huh?)

lbaker
01-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Reminds me of a story we discussed here at work about someone's experience at a Catholic school as a kid and ended up with militant nuns keeping the kids in line... :rolleyes:

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 11:14 AM

Yeah, Richard, I am not going to fall for the Eskimo Kiss drink - raise it to your lips and your lips stick to the glass........really funny.

Richard, I think I will have a hot buttered rum...........umm that sounds good.

Damn,

just when I thought I was being funny...

Hot buttered rum...DONE!

Robin,

45 and a Kiss for you!

DONE!

Amoore,

Coffee?

DONE!

Mugs,
A kiss for you,

DONE!

Corrina,

Iced Tea, the drink not the rapper!!

DONE!

T&P

Mexican Decaf!

DONE!

Black bean burgers???
You know I am going to HAVE to try them.

Tray,

Coffee!
DONE!

Gini,
Coffee,
DONE!

I have to work today so I'll catch you all later...end of the year stats and stuff....

lbaker
01-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Don't know about the black bean burgers, tummy's been queezy the last few days. Think I'll make a bunch of grilled cheese or grilled bacon & cheese sammiches & a big pot of tomato soup (with a pat of butter on top). Good ol' comfort food for those that need a little extra comfort today. Curl up in a comfy chair by a cozy fire with maybe a cat in your lap and I'll be waitress for a day. Print order is done and I could use a drink and a smile while Corinna tells us a story about nudist Christians. as long as it's not a "fairy" tale... wouldn't want to offend anyone ;)

Corinna
01-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Thank you Richard I would not have one of those crappers I mean rappers in my place.
using the method suggested earlier you are about 5 years or less older than I . So I don't feel old neither should you. In fact today becouse the weather change I seem to have way to much energy for my own good. Thinking of tackling cleaning the 20 years olds pig stye . Haven't had a load of laundry from there since before christmas, Its making me think of the L&F here. Hopefully my check comes so I have to go to town to stop me.

amoore
01-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Oh no, this means I'm the older one here:( ! I'm 52 since New years Eve!:( I could have baby sitted Richard!:D

Thanks for the coffee.:)

robinh
01-08-2004, 11:52 AM
amoore - you're not THAT old. My next birthday is a big one. I'll be "50"! Ack!

Actually, my theory is as long as my feet are on this side of the sod - any birthday is a good one! I plan to treasure each and every one.

And Corinna, I have a clod virus in my hands too. I type, erase and type again. Sometimes it takes 3 times to get out what I want to say correctly.

I'll take another DoD, please.

And I've decided I'm staying out of the L&F. That place scares me with all those noises.

trayi52
01-08-2004, 11:58 AM
I think one those haz mat guy are still in there lurking, just trying to scare uo!!!

I think I'll have another cup of coffee with a splash of rum.

Well robinh, I am 51 so I'm not a spring chicken.;)

I was thinking Richared was 45. I counted it up on my fingers and toes. ;)

Willie

lbaker
01-08-2004, 12:00 PM
robinh, 50 simply means 5 perfect 10s :cool:
amoore, babysitting Richard :eek: OMG now there's an interesting concept :rolleyes:

trayi52
01-08-2004, 12:03 PM
I just thought of something funny Ann, I was born in 52 and you are 52, you were born in 51 and I am 51...........:confused:

Corinna
01-08-2004, 12:04 PM
ok It must be my day for hearing werid news. I just heard about PETAs new ad campain. Its a chicken dressed as a termenator (machine gun and all) saying "if the cow doesn't get you I will" To eat any meat is mad. To be on bill boards .

I think I might just go back to bed and forget today has happened.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Oh no, this means I'm the older one here:( ! I'm 52 since New years Eve!:( I could have baby sitted Richard!:D

Thanks for the coffee.:) AW, you are still a youngster! I'll be 53 later this month!
I bet it would have been fun sitting on baby Richard, don't you?:D

Corinna
01-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Ok its time to go . thre mail came yeah I have to go to town . I'll be back later this afternoon. I'm saved cleaning the ROOM.
Take care all.

catland
01-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I can't beleive it's taking me so long to get to Thursday's this week. We had a power outage at work here yesterday. Our airport is closed and the roads out of town are impassible due to the snow and ice.

I'm doing well with provisions at home except for canned cat food - lets hope the snow and ice melt before I run out.:eek:

It took me eight hours to get snow tires last weekend but now I'm glad that I did because I'm acually able to get around ok.

Richard - do you have a drink called an "early thaw"? - that's what we need here in stump town right about now.

I have the best office in my building. I overlook the parking lot so I get to see people slip and slide as they try to get in. Just don't let them hit my car.:eek: :eek:

amoore
01-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Wow! Willie I never thought of that! That is odd! :D

Robinh, You have a good theory! We are as young as we are ever going to get!

lbaker is right Thats 5 perfect tens.:D

Corrina, don't go back to bed, you got to stay and play.:D

Momoffuzzyfaces, When is your Birthday? We could have you a party!

I think it would have been fun to babysit Richard....hehehe.
I might have had to spank him a lot.

:D:D :D :D

Corinna
01-08-2004, 01:23 PM
I decided to stay up . I 'm back the main roads we to yucky decided to turn around and come home. I called the radio station she saide the articale was a upi story so if some one from around Hudson Florida look up this werid story about the Christian Nudist camp. We all would love it.
Babysitting Richard hummmmm what a hand full I bet he was, too bad his mom doesn't have a computer bet we'd get great stories.

Heyn catland do you know the Barringtons who live out there.?

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by catland

Richard - do you have a drink called an "early thaw"? - that's what we need here in stump town right about now.

LOL, A weatherman I never claimed to be...it's too 'CIRRUS' a subject.:rolleyes:

Tray,
coffee and rum.

DONE!

lol,

my age, babysitting and nude christians??

I think the fireplace is putting out too much carbon monoxide.

;)

robinh
01-08-2004, 01:52 PM
I can't imagine Richard would misbehave with this many babysitters. Or would he?

I'll come along to babysit and do what I did as a kid babysitting. Eat junk food, drink soda and watch TV.

trayi52
01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Richard, I think its pretty funny! Everybody wants to be your babysitter!!;) :D I think they just want to put you in diapers.....

Thanks for the coffee and rum!!:D

lovemyshiba
01-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Laurie--
could I get a few of those grilled cheese sammies and some hot tomato soup---yummy!!!!
Pretty cold here again, but no snow--no fun for the pups--they just keep gazing out the windows--they love the snow!!!

I have to work in an hour or so, but I'll be checking back in after work.

Anyone who watches Friends?? It's a new show tonight, not a repeat again.

amoore
01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
It would have been fun if he was still little boy. He may be bigger than me now so It would be hard to pick him up and spank him. I don't do diapers anymore I just let babies go outside or, use the literbox.

Richard are you litterbox trained?:D

What is the drink of the day? I'll take one. (Please)

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 03:00 PM
It would have been fun if he was still little boy. He may be bigger than me now so It would be hard to pick him up and spank him. I don't do diapers anymore I just let babies go outside or, use the literbox.

Richard are you litterbox trained?:D

What is the drink of the day? I'll take one. (Please)

I have broken a few houses;)

The DOTD is an Eskimo Kiss..... the ingredients are on page one....

Tomato soup!!!

mmmmm mmmmm good!

gini
01-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Richard, I keep asking, how DO you get yourself into these situations?

Yesterday they were all marrying you and today they are all babysitting you.............

There are some days that I actually feel sorry for you:D :D

amoore
01-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I'll take an eskimo kiss! sounds good! ( Now he will play a trick on me and send an eskimo in)
:o

catland
01-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Richard, I think its pretty funny! Everybody wants to be your babysitter!!;)

Yikes - Richard, don't count me in this sorid group.:rolleyes: I'm happy enough being your fill-in bartender.:cool:

Besides, I think that the Hazmat guy in the L&F is flirting with me.:eek:

Corinna
01-08-2004, 04:03 PM
What kindpest control do we need for those hazmat guys? We have cleaned out the room and had a sale . Just don't tell Slick that one is still there she'll never go home again! I don't want to be part of her pets being orphaned, no she'd move them here .Oh never mind I think I had better got test my blood sugar I may be having a reaction.

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Richard, I keep asking, how DO you get yourself into these situations?

Yesterday they were all marrying you and today they are all babysitting you.............

There are some days that I actually feel sorry for you:D :D

Gini,

To quote the world famous Ice skater, Nancy Kerrigan..

"why me? why me?"

Amoore,
Eskimo Kiss.

DONE!

G.P.girl
01-08-2004, 04:49 PM

GP ....... Did they have school today out there ? Wondering if my neices and nephews had to go. I don't want to call the parents if the kids are home. Too confusing.
yep...snow doesn't last long here:rolleyes: too much rain:p

slick
01-08-2004, 04:52 PM
May I have a double BM please????

G.P.girl
01-08-2004, 04:56 PM

To quote the world famous Ice skater, Nancy Kerrigan..

"why me? why me?"

hey! i think i was alive when she said that!
awww don't feel bad guys! you're not that much older than me! i'll be getting my permit in about a year;) :p

BTW do you have any apple cider?

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 04:59 PM
May I have a double BM please????
YES, WHY ARE YOU WHISPERING? DONE!

GP.

Of COURSE!

DONE!

trayi52
01-08-2004, 05:14 PM
I think I will try the DOTD, sounds good! Its soo cold outside, our weatherman is calling for some snow showers...I would like to know what the heck they mean by snow showers?:confused:

Oh well, I think I will just go over here and sit down by the fire. What have you got good to eat? I am starving!!!!

Willie

Corinna
01-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Tray --- Haven't you ever seen snow flakes with their little shower brushes and caps.
I think I better have a diet soda.

amoore
01-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Hey everyone I made some Hot Chili beans! They will warm your bones.

Willie, maybe rain mixed with snow?

Slick , are you ok today? I have missed you.

Richard, that drink was gooooood!

Willie have some Hot chili beans!:D

trayi52
01-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Wow! Corinna as soon as it starts I'm heading outside to see if I can see some of these snowflakes with showercaps, and little brushes!! I guess that means their naked too!! ;)

Woohoo, I can't wait for the snowshowers!!

By the way, that was a good drink I think I now want a Hot Buttered Rum....for reallllll!!!:D

Corinna
01-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Wow this chili is terriffic, hopefully it will clear the silly out of my head. I really am bored today. The snow has to stop soon.
Richard we need to do a cabin fever Thursday. We have cabin fever days here at the end of Jan. It is fun stuff , bar stool races outhouse races, last year someone saw Bigfoot come out of a local bar. I think we could all tell the sillist event they have attended or done Just a thought for later.

catland
01-08-2004, 05:49 PM
from justjoking.com

A blonde driving a car became lost in a snowstorm. She didn't panic however, because she remembered what her dad had once told her. "If you ever get stuck in a snowstorm, just wait for a snow plow to come by and follow it."

Sure enough, pretty soon a snow plow came by, and she started to follow it. She followed the plow for about forty-five minutes.

Finally the driver of the truck got out and asked her what she was doing. And she explained that her dad had told her if she ever got stuck in a snow storm, to follow a plow.

The driver nodded and said, "Well, I'm done with the Wal-Mart parking lot, do you want to follow me over to K-Mart now?"

G.P.girl
01-08-2004, 06:20 PM
lol:D have you guys heard about the blonde who was riding the horse?:D

G.P.girl
01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
oh yeah! does anyone have a pencil sharpener???i can't find one anywhere and i despratly need to sharpen it!

RICHARD
01-08-2004, 06:57 PM
I think I will try the DOTD, sounds good! Its soo cold outside, our weatherman is calling for some snow showers...I would like to know what the heck they mean by snow showers?:confused:

Oh well, I think I will just go over here and sit down by the fire. What have you got good to eat? I am starving!!!!

Willie

tray,

DONE!

GP

pencil sharpener?

How do you mix it???

;)

Corrina,

Diet soda, done!

Cincy'sMom
01-08-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm baking cookies (white chocolate macaemia nut) if anyoneis interested. Richard, can I get a Kaluha and coffe to go with them?

Emily- I watched Friends :) Finally new TV!!! I've got CSI on now, and ER's next :)

G.P.girl
01-08-2004, 08:14 PM
whoa! thanks for reminding me!!!! i totally for got about CSI is it new tonight? don;t tell me what it's about though i haven't seen it yet;)
i'll take some cookise pleez:D

Corinna
01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Lucky people I get 1 channel I'm stuck watching that Donald Trump show. Sounds stupid. Can't wait for ER though I love Carter.
Cookies sound great I miss all those great snacks. Diet and diabetes really suck.

Cincy'sMom
01-08-2004, 08:42 PM
whoa! thanks for reminding me!!!! i totally for got about CSI is it new tonight? don;t tell me what it's about though i haven't seen it yet;)
i'll take some cookise pleez:D

Yep, CSI is new! Cookies are ready...help yourselves!!!

lovemyshiba
01-08-2004, 09:23 PM
mmmmm...the cookies sound great!!
I'll just take a big glass of milk to wash down my cookies!!!

I'm watching ER right now, and I have to watch Friends afterwards--hopefully my vcr worked correctly.

trayi52
01-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Those cookies sound so good, I'll take some of them and a cup of hot chocolate with marshmellows. Yummy!:D

slick
01-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Time to celebrate!!!!! Who's pouring?????? Whatever it is I'll take a double.

Luba is OK for the time being :) :) :)

trayi52
01-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Slick
Miracles happen all the time. I am happy about the decision that was made for Luba...like I said I am very selfish, I hold on for as long as I can. I can't help myself, that and I'm a big chicken!

So lets do celebrate!! I want everything!! I'll Start with the DOTD, and then well just go from there.;)

trayi52
01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey did you hear about what they found out about Mars???

Top Ten Things We Learned From The Mars Rover

10. Contrary to earlier findings, Mars only about a mile from Earth.

9. NASA's Mars footage looks suspiciously similar to Atari's Asteroids.

8. So far, no sign of Mork.

7. Thought I saw Paris Hilton having sex with a Martian.

6. We could've taken a photo of Death Valley and saved 400-million dollars.

5. The Mars invasion force is already on its way and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

4. It's much more Mars-y than we even imagined.

3. Whole "red planet" thing just a marketing ploy by Cherry 7-Up.

2. Kucinich's popularity rating on Mars is the same as on Earth.

1. Osama ain't there either.
;)

slick
01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
OK Tray. I don't see anyone else here so let's sneek behind the bar and make our own......

I've got a real hankering for some popcorn. You fix the drinks, and I'll "pop" into the kitchen to see if I can find some.

**hollering from the kitchen**

And don't be too stingie with the booze.....make mine 3 fingers.

:)

trayi52
01-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Well why don't we make it 4 fingers or 5 fingers, I may be selfish, but I sure not stingy. Make lots of popcorn, I really love popcorn.:D ;)

slick
01-08-2004, 10:45 PM
but I sure not stingy.
OK, OK so I spelt stingy wrong.....I'm not paying attention. I just can't tell you how happy I am right now.

I'm not driving tonight, so give it your best "shot" :D :D

I'm full of puns tonight.....

I don't like anything sweet so I'll make some regular popcorn; do you like caramel PC??

trayi52
01-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Just lots of salt and butter!! You spelled stingy wrong? I didn't even notice! You could have got away with it!

I'm not driving either, so lets just get bombed or blasted or whatever, just celebrate for Luba!!!!:D

gini
01-08-2004, 11:00 PM
hey! i think i was alive when she said that!
awww don't feel bad guys! you're not that much older than me! i'll be getting my permit in about a year;) :p

I don't care how young or old you are - you always make me laugh!

slick
01-08-2004, 11:00 PM
OK, Popcorn's ready........

What do you say we bring that table closer to the fire and curl up for a girl's night. Booze, popcorn, good company, who could want for more????

OMG.....what's that sound I just heard coming from the L&F????

GINI!!!!!! I've missed you all day. Pull up a chair...

lovemyshiba
01-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Girls night!!!!!
woohoo!!!!!!!!

Yay for Luba!!!!!
time to celebrate!!!!!

I love popcorn--make mine caramel please!!!!

I thought I heard some noises too--someone should investigate.

slick
01-08-2004, 11:04 PM
HI LMS!!!! I only made regular but if you can wait a few minutes, I'll have some caramel ready. See Willie if you want a drinkiepoo!!! Be right back.

gini
01-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Yup - it is me.........very looonnnngg day with a meeting smack at 6:00 PM that didn't break up until 8:30 PM.

When I was letting Annie and Emma IN - Rascal took his opportunity to go OUT. I could not get him back into the house so I worried about him the entire meeting. When I got home he was sitting on the front porch with that "AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN SO LONG, IT IS COLD OUTSIDE" look. Rascal just loves a good old fashioned fight (that result in expensive abscesses).

Popcorn, a strong drink, a fire in the fireplace and a comfy chair with all my good friends sitting around. Sounds pretty perfect to me.

The L & F making noises again? It is probably the L & F ghost that wants to know where all of his stuff is....the stuff we sold in our bar sale.

I need to go log on to Pet Talk on the computer to check on the latest on Luba. I will be right back.

trayi52
01-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Well I don't care whats in the old lost and found, it don't stop making noises we'll sell it next.......

I love the fireplace!

lovemyshiba
01-08-2004, 11:18 PM
is there a bag of marshmallows anywhere??
I would love to roast some in the fire!!!!

trayi52
01-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Oh that does sound tasty...

slick
01-08-2004, 11:24 PM
LMS: MM DONE!!

Gini: I haven't been on all day because I was so worried about Luba and could not focus on anything else. My tears of sorrow have turned into tears of joy. Never mind those meetings. Come and put your feet up. Rascal will be OK. How's Mr. Fish????

Bar Sale: I didn't think it was happening until March :confused: :confused:

Willie: Since you are sitting closest to the fire, you can put another log on when it's time.

Small crowd tonight, but very comforting.

gini
01-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Woo Hoo, I am back. What great news about Luba!! My heart sure goes out to her Mom and Dad!

Oops, maybe we haven't had the bar sale yet - I get a bit dithered sometimes after a drink or two:D

(a bit dithered? get up off the floor honey)

You know stopping by here was such a good idea. Nothing like the Thursday's gang to help you chill out after a really rotten day.

Mr. Fish.......betcha Ann and Willie don't have a clue who Mr. Fish is - I really am too tired to rummage for his picture - but I will soon and have him join us on Thursdays. But be warned, man can that guy drink!!:D

lovemyshiba
01-08-2004, 11:34 PM
I vaguely remember seeing Mr. Fish before--let's see him again!!

slick
01-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Gini can explain.....

trayi52
01-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Now my curiosity is about to get the best of me......

Yeah sometimes it feels good NOT to have any guys around.

ummmmmm, now about mr. fish?????? Do tell....;)

slick
01-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Well, personally I've never met Mr. Fish but I'm sure I will when I attend the CA BBQ in July. Apparently, he's single :) :)

Ok guys, what's all this popcorn doing on the floor????? Try and keep it in the bowl will you please???

Gini: you haven't ordered a drink yet. What will it be???

lbaker
01-09-2004, 06:49 AM
That ol' Mr Fish... *starts singing* "Mr Fish is a good fish, mighty good friend of mine.... oh joy to the world..." don't mind the voice friends, couldn't carry a note in a paper bag, but when I'm "in the bag" - frankly my dears I don't give a damn. Wouldn't mind being kissed by an Eskimo right now. It's Friday and payday and I can finally pay some overdue bills. NEXT ROUND IS ON ME!:cool: Oh good, some embers are still glowing in the fireplace.... lemme go grab some more logs. HAPPY FRIDAY THURSDAYS!

G.P.girl
01-09-2004, 08:49 AM
LOL you guys are so funny:) i like Mr. Fish. oh he's single is he?? hmmmmm..... heh no alcohol for me....i'll just have some orange juice:rolleyes: hehe no coffee! no wai t.... I CAN'T TYPE!!! i keep messing up...(that's what i get for posting at 6 in the morning) or whatever time it is...bleh:)

amoore
01-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone! I brought some pizza for breakfast, I love mushroom pizza! I'm weird, about breakfast. Anyone else? It is two large Mushroom pizzas still hot from the oven!

Any coffee here? I sure would like a cup.

G.P.Girl are we the only ones awake?

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Happy Friday right back at ya Laurie!!!!!!

What a great morning--hubby had to work early, so after he left and everyone did their morning potties, we all climbed up into the big bed and snoozed a few more hours away!!!!

My throat's feeling a little sore this morning--how about some hot tea with honey?

amoore
01-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi Lovemyshiba, I do have some hot greentea with jasmin, right here. I also have some honey from Mahayana's bees.

slick
01-09-2004, 10:04 AM
GOOD MORNING!!!!!
Didn't do much partying yesterday because I was preoccupied, but today is a different kettle of fish.....ooops sorry Mr. Fish :(
Let's see now, I guess I just start off with a Spanish Coffee and I'll move on to my usual BM's later.

Pizza for breakfast??? Not this kid, thank you very much. Think I'll just slip in the back and make myself some toast.

Lauire: I'm going to email you again today re Seattle.

Edwina's Secretary
01-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm curious...do you always spell "check" as "cheque"? Or only when it refers to a monetary instrument? Do you go to the doctor for a "cheque up?" Do you cheque on the roast in the oven?

amoore
01-09-2004, 10:40 AM
:confused:

trayi52
01-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Edwina's Secretary, you just wake up? What kind of dream did you have?

I just woke up myself, so that alright. I think I just want a huge, and I mean a huge cup of coffee. I don't know about Pizza Ann, but those mushrooms sound good, so Yeah I will take some of that Pizza.

Is Gini still asleep, she was so tired last night, she just feel asleep before she could tell me her story of mr. fish. But I am a patient woman. She can tell when she wakes up. Poor baby she had a hard day yesterday.

Slick you still flying high this morning??

Willie

lbaker
01-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Is the Czech in the mail or is the Czech a male? Let's cheque on the male Czech while he checks us out! :rolleyes: :D

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 10:56 AM
mmmmmmm--that tea really hit the spot!!!
My throat is feeling better already!!!!!

Maybe there is a Czech in the lost and found???

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
Is the Czech in the mail or is the Czech a male? Let's cheque on the male Czech while he checks us out! :rolleyes: :D

:D :D :rolleyes: :D :D

Spanish coffee!!!! That's what it was I wanted yesterday. I thought it was Mexican coffee - no wonder nobody could tell me what's in it. So, what's in a Spanish coffee again?

And I'm soooo disappointed I missed girls night out! I would have loved to celebrate with Slick and the rest of you. Here's to Luba! In a happy way this time. :D

We're having a big meeting here next week, so I'm in cleaning mode today. So can you guys just pick up your feet while I vacuum up all this popcorn? Sheesh you guys are messy when you're drinking. ;) I'm not touching the L & F though - too scary. :D

gini
01-09-2004, 11:00 AM
I thought I would just cheque in........(Oh, Sara, look what you started)

I was tired last night and fell asleep immediately - only to wake up at 2:30 AM to a dog barking. You could tell that the dog was really upset and alerting the world. He (she) barked for over an hour. So much for a good night's rest.

I have a skylight in my home and it sounded as though the dog was on the roof barking right into the skylight.

Just some strong coffee this morning....to get me going.

Oh, and good morning everyone!

What? Ann's frog is here playing with Mr. Fish. (gotta get some pictures of this).

lbaker
01-09-2004, 11:01 AM
A big meeting at Thursdays next week? What are we meeting about? Will we need to take notes? Is there going to be a test? uh oh

amoore
01-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Gini ,is it sipoweitz or Iggy pop? They are crazy about this place or Mr fish?

Corinna
01-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Good morning all. I actually slept in . Daughter was tickled she woke Me up for a change. I thinks a cup of tea this morning . I brought along a box of filled doughnuts for you all. I have my side of eggs and cheese(adkins) enjoy.
Not to be upsetting but I keep hearing about the thread Luba I couldn't find it what was it titled.

trayi52
01-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, my daughter Lindsey came in last night with an engagement ring on!!

I told her please have a very long engagement......very long.

I really think I need something stronger than coffee, maybe put a huge splash of Rum in it?

Anyway, his name is Sam, he really tries to take good care of her and watch out for her.

But I hope they do wait a long time before they even set a date.
She promised me she would wait for awhile to do that.

I want her to learn to be more independent before she takes that big of a step.

Rant, rant, rant.

:confused:

trayi52
01-09-2004, 11:42 AM
My turn to ask for prayers...I know they work

trayi52
01-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Thats what its called Corinna

amoore
01-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Corinna, Good question! I have been looking for it too.

Willie, I done told her to wait till she gets college over with before she marries! I know from my own mistakes that would be a bad idea.:(

Corinna
01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh Tray are you in for a FUN time ,Part of what Clarissa (daughter) called about is getting the deposit today on the place for her wedding in July. I and to tell me an aunt and Roger want to go along tommorrow to the bridal fair with us . /. They will drive you nuts, get a software program I'll get the name today, that gives the day by day of what to do. It make life easier then you won't want to kill her.
How old is she? Clarissa is 22 Roger is 37 He came and asked her dad for her hand , I guess he was sick to his tummy all day about it.

Corinna
01-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok I found it I had read it just the name didn't stick in my head Thanks. Heres a morning toast to Luba. I have to go and spend the day with Clarissa I'll touch back later. Bye

trayi52
01-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Well I have already been through one wedding with my older daughter, but that has been so long ago. I guess its been 11 years since that took place.

This is my baby, the one that rescued Grover from the trashcan. She is 18 years old. I am hoping she waits until she is at least 22, sounds like a good age. She promised that she was going to have a long engagement, so hopefully she will.

She is very mature for her age, she is working and paying for her own automobile, and talk about a great little house cleaner, she is really something, she keeps the house spotless. Of couse she complains because Grover get her litter out in the floor, but I am going to what Tubby & Peanut's Mom suggested that I do about that problem, by the way thanks for that suggestion TPM.

But I don't want my BABY to get married!!:( , she is my little baby.

Do you know I had a tubal ligation before I had her, 10 years later I wanted another baby and had what is called tubo plasty(i think) and she was the results of that surgery. So I always called her my little miracle baby!!!

Willie

amoore
01-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Willie she is mine too! You forget your kids are mine too! Heh,he,he,hee.:D

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Congrats to your daughter!!!
She sounds responsible though, and I did read the other day that longer engagements are becoming the norm these days.
Of course, mine wasn't but I am also 27 years old, and have been independent for about 8 years.

I'm in the middle of bathing everyone (just the dogs, not my husband, lol), and took a break--it is tiring!!!! I have to figure out how to get my moose into the tub.

amoore
01-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Lindsey is much like her mom headstong and pretty independent. An intelligent girl.

I was thinking Lovemyshiba means to have a clean family! hehehe. :D

lbaker
01-09-2004, 01:09 PM
LMShiba, I am assuming Moose is the name of one of your dogs? Or is that your husbands "pet" name? Or.... nah, couldn't be :p

trayi52
01-09-2004, 01:19 PM
I was wondering if maybe Moose was her husbands pet name? :confused: :D

Yeap all my kids belong to Ann too! And Anns kid is mine too!

I have already told Lindsey she was going to have to discuss her plans with her Aunt Ann, and Uncle Mahayana. She said yeah I am going to have to talk to them about this.

Hey you should have seen Sam asking Jimmy if he could marry his daughter:D , at least he didn't do it like my other son-in-law.

I guess I should tell you how he ask, very funny!! You know how guys think they can just go pee anywhere? Like step out on the porch and just let it fly? Well thats what my hubby does. Anyway, Mark is at our house to ask for my other daugters hand in marrige, LOL, and well at about that time my hubby decides its time for a break on the back porch to pee. Mark don't know this and he says I going out there to ask him if I can marry you to my daughter, both of say " wait not........" but of course he is out the door before we can finish our sentence, Yeap he ask the hubby while he is standing on the porch peeing. ;)

I guess there isn't much to say except yes when you are in that condition.

Okay I want a very strong drink, how about you Ann, I think we need one, so suggest something!!!

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 01:20 PM
LMShiba, I am assuming Moose is the name of one of your dogs? Or is that your husbands "pet" name? Or.... nah, couldn't be :p

lol!!!!

No, her name is Jada, and she's a rottie--the biggest of my 4, and I can't quite lift her into my tub--the tub has a couple of stairs up to it, and it's deep--I wouldn't want to hurt her or myself by picking her up to put her in!!!
She almost jumped in herself, but got scared and backed away at the last minute!!!

So, I just did 2 for today, I'll get the other 2 tomorrow:)

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Oh that's great Willie!!!!!!!!

That'll be a story to tell the grandchildren!!!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
A big meeting at Thursdays next week? What are we meeting about? Will we need to take notes? Is there going to be a test? uh oh

Why yes, hasn't everyone heard? We're having a big meeting to decide about the sale of the L & F HazMat guys. Slick thought it might be the only way she can get rid of the last one that keeps hanging on - and for some reason keeps asking her for her hand.....so he can pull her finger?

Geeze, I thought everyone had heard the news. :confused:

Tray, congratulations on your daughter's engagement, although I, too, hope she waits a long, long, long, long, long time before actually going through with it. 18 - and even 22 is way too young to be married, but that's just my opinion, and what do I know since I'm almost 42 and still single.....although "involved" if you must. ;) :p

I'm ready for a DOTD please, Richard, or whoever's currently behind the bar. Got the place pretty well cleaned up, now if we can just keep Grover's litter contained, maybe it'll stay this way for awhile. ;)

Move over Corinna, I'm ready to take a rest on these big comfy chairs by the fire.

<yells over shoulder> Hey Slick, bring some more wood on your way back!

:D

trayi52
01-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I am working on Grover, I keep showing her the mess she makes. That dern girl thinks its okay to throw everything out in the floor! LOL. ;):D

Anyhoo, I wonder who wants to buy a haz mat guy???

Lets all have stonggggggg drinks here, ummmmm?;) :D

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 01:33 PM

Anyhoo, I wonder who wants to buy a haz mat guy???

I'm sure someone will--what is he going for anyway??

Maybe we should auction him off??

trayi52
01-09-2004, 01:35 PM
An auction would be better than hanging a for sale sign around his neck.

But we need to really advertise this auction, so we can get a lot of people in here to look at ......the merchandise.;)

lovemyshiba
01-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Make up some flyers so we can auction off the haz mat guy--I just know someone will want him!!!
Does he do dishes??;)

trayi52
01-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I don't know, he stays in the lost and found all the time. We really need to emphasize his good qualities. So anyway it would probably be a good idea to find out if he does dishes.

I suppose one of the good qualities would be if you put him in your closet he will stay there, and you can just take him out if you need him for something..., and I don't think he is too demanding, just gets a little noisy when he is in the lost and found room. Could be because he is hungry??

Somebody throw him a doggie biscuit.....

amoore
01-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Lol!Lol!LOL!That is just too funny about Marks perposal! If any one ever met Your hubby or Mark, they would be rolling in the floor! I'm hurting from laughing so much! I couldn't write a word till now.

Yes, I'm ready for a good drink! Any sujestions? Please excuse my spelling but I can't see, after effects of mark and brother-in- law story.:D

RICHARD
01-09-2004, 05:04 PM

I'm ready for a DOTD please, Richard, or whoever's currently behind the bar. Got the place pretty well cleaned up, now if we can just keep Grover's litter contained, maybe it'll stay this way for awhile. ;)

Move over Corinna, I'm ready to take a rest on these big comfy chairs by the fire.

Hi, here for a second....

I'm doing the year end stats....

T&P

DOTD....

DONE!

G.P.girl
01-09-2004, 05:13 PM
WOOOHOOOOO haha i have an A+ in math yipppeeee....
ha-no coffee for me today...well maybe later once i've clamed down and started my homework.
i'm hungry! any of that pizza left from this morning????there no food in my house!!!! well techincally there iiiiis but nothing edible:rolleyes: there's carrots, eggnog, and some stale crackers and i ate the last of my secret stash of CHEEZ-ITs yesterday I think somebody found my stash because it's been running out really quickly....was it you richard??? hmmmm.... I'll just call C.S.I. in to cheque it out;)

G.P.girl
01-09-2004, 05:19 PM
oh yeah! i'm not allowed to post here anymore until i finish my essay. but don't worry i'll be done soon! i'll start it as soon as i finish posting:rolleyes: a feeble attempt at self-discipline:rolleyes: :p

Corinna
01-09-2004, 05:23 PM
I don't know them and I am laughing. Kinda hard to say no when your occupied smart tinking on the guys part. Or is that male bonding?
My hubby was almost mean he could tell something was up the way Roger was acting so he played along dumb. Them did the," Well I don't know about this" Then started asking questions like how are you going to take care of here, about kids, and the whole nine yards. Then told him yes becouse since he'd been seeing her she had become Clarissa again not the dark mistress she had been(gothic). It will be a year since they met the day of the wedding.
Clarissa had never seen the Conrad Mansion before (inside) so she was totally excited today when she saw it. AGREED with me (SHOCK) So we put the deposit on it.It was one of the places they filmed for AMERICAS CASTILES on pbs. It's a blending of the Victorian age and the wild western front. They were jut planning the flower plantings for this year so wwe got a peek of the colors in the area we will be using .

slick
01-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Work has been getting in my way today as well. Don't you hate it when that happens???

2 hrs to go. I'll take something tall and strong and with 2 legs....:D :D

Really though, I could use a double BM right about now. Thanks.

Corinna
01-09-2004, 05:27 PM
You guys gotta give me a break on the typing and spelling I just got back and still cold. It did get to be 24 ABOVE today. YAHOOOO

trayi52
01-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Corinna, when Lindsey and Sam came in and she showed me the ring, I pretended that I wanted it for awhile so I could take it and have it appraised. It was a kodak moment for sure, you should have seen Sams face!! He thought I meant it.

G.P. better get on that essay!! We want you to come back!! You got an A in math, I am proud of you!

I think I will take some more coffe with a huge splash of rum, I don't know why but I love the taste of rum. yummy!

I am kinda hungry too G.P. I think we need to go look and see if there is any pizza left, or get Ann to bring us some more........

Willie

Corinna
01-09-2004, 05:38 PM
That must have been priceless! You sound too much like me , I went with the kids to pick out the rings. Got make sure she got a good one. I will be getting one on March 17th for my 25th . We were so young and SOOOOO broke , we just got bands. So he promised me a diamond for our 25th.
I hope she does wait I was 17 when we got married 3 years later I found out I was pregnant with Clarissa Please remind her and all kids Pills DO have a failure rate. I found it both times with my kids.

trayi52
01-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Corinna, I was 17 when I married too. He got her a pretty engagement ring, but she says she wants a plain wedding band.

Wait I had to take a picture of it and send it to Ann. He wanted to buy her a different one with a big set, but she said she didn't want something like that. She just isn't into jewlery like that except belly button rings, and on her birthday she went out and got her tongue pierced, Yuk!

G.P.girl
01-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Thats a pretty ring!!!no i haven't finished my essay yet...so much for self-discipline:rolleyes:

Corinna
01-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Thats a nice one Clarissa is a black hills gold person. so she has a nice set He picked out a nice band to match They got them so they can ad d birthstones as needed if they ever have kids. Clarissa also is honoring my mom by having one side stone her birth stone.
They are very close, due to her having to help care for her when she was very young. I had to goto work right a way , so she cared for her. I'll see if I can get a copy of the pic from the jelwer.

G.P.girl
01-09-2004, 07:17 PM
where is everybody???you didn't start an auction on the haz mat guy without me did you???:D

amoore
01-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Hi G.P.Girl, I did bring some more mushroom cheese pizza. It just seems like a pizza kind of day.

G.P.girl
01-09-2004, 07:38 PM
YUM!!! mushroom cheese is my favorite! how'd you know?:D

Corinna
01-09-2004, 10:03 PM
It appears that Dicks place is a little slow this week. I was hoping not to have tostart the business taxes tonight . Maybe I will on Monday. When everybody is gone to work.

G.P.girl
01-09-2004, 10:07 PM
taxes?

Corinna
01-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah we own a business and I have to get them ready for the accountant. so that then I can work on the personal ones. Plus my sons so it is done as soon as possible. He needs a new car he should get enough back to get one after also selling his truck.

amoore
01-10-2004, 06:45 AM
Ooooooooh! April 15th falls on a Thursday this year...are we starting already?

Gp- I'll have to order another Mushroom pan pizza. Mahayana just grabbed the last piece!:)

slick
01-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone. I think we'd better start cleaning up this place in preparation for next Thursday. I think the bar will be closing today??????
I'll put on the coffee and start sweeping. I don't see any reason not to enjoy one last "beverage" :) :)

robinh
01-10-2004, 09:50 AM
I have to work today, but before I start I'll have one of anything. Don't want to.

Wait, I'll help you clean up first, then I'll go to work. Pass me a broom. Or would you rather I do the bathrooms?!? Just don't ask me to do the L&F - that place scares me.

lovemyshiba
01-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I do the bathrooms at work all the time, so I can get those done if you want, or I can mop after everyone is done sweeping.
It is freezing outside, so please give me a warm mocha--I'll be fully energized then, and can give this place a thorough cleaning!!!!

I don't want to clean the haz-mat guy though.

slick
01-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Don't worry about the HazMat guy. I dropped him off at the train station last night. He said to thank everyone for the great time, but now it was time that he returned to civilization.

Good-bye HazMat guy!!!! Have a nice life.

Thanks for helping to clean up, LMS and Robin. I'll tidy up the L&F.

Mocha DONE!

gini
01-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Slick, you dropped the Haz Mat guy off at the train station.

Do you really expect us to believe that?:D :D

lovemyshiba
01-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Don't worry about the HazMat guy. I dropped him off at the train station last night. He said to thank everyone for the great time, but now it was time that he returned to civilization.

Sure you did!!;)

slick
01-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Yup, I promise. He's gone for good. I put him on the train myself.

trayi52
01-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Slick, I hope you know we had plans of auctioning that feller off!

Now what do we do? We were making up flyer and everyting for this big auction.......

I think I'll have a nice hot buttered rum, and if you need any help cleaning up, just tell me what to do.

Willie;)

G.P.girl
01-10-2004, 11:27 AM
good Morning! Where did the mushroom pizza go?!?! lets order more!:D i'll have a drink too please. ummm..can you make caramel apple cider like they do at starbucks??:)