PDA

View Full Version : The Vet

K & L
01-07-2004, 02:10 PM
We try and get our regular check-ups and shots.

catlover4ever
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
All of mine get their regular checkups with the annual booster shots, however there are times when one of them ends up there more often.

For instance, Smokey, was a chronic "crystals in the urine" boy. There were times when Smokey would be there 2-3 time in one month. Fortunate for Smokey his problem with the crystals has been resolved via surgery (Smokey is now a "girl";) ;) ). Unfortunate for our pocketbook as that was major $$$$.

I have to say (knock on wood) that my healthest are Tigger and Abner.

PayItForward
01-07-2004, 02:22 PM
I choose once a year but what I REALLY want to say was...

once a year for an annual check up and vacines AND when they need to see them ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 02:30 PM
I voted for whenever necessary because that's been the way I've done it all through T & P's lives. When they were young, I took them in for their kitten shots and to be fixed, but once they were done with those and they were, oh say about 1 1/2 - 2 years old, I only took them in when necessary. They have both been indoor kitties their entire lives so I didn't think it was really necessary to get all the shots all the time. When I moved to Chicago I took them in one last time before I left home because I didn't know how things would go in Chicago and if I'd be able to pay for vet bills and such, but I was lucky and they never needed any medical care whatsoever...until they got old. Now Tubby goes in every 6 months so they can check his kidney levels, and it turns out I'll have to take Peanut in every 6 months to keep an eye on her thyroid. So you see, event though they are going more often these days, it's still "whenever necessary" because in my opinion, these 6 month checkups are necessary. ;) :D

jenluckenbach
01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
I choose once a year but what I REALLY want to say was...

once a year for an annual check up and vacines AND when they need to see them ;)
EXACTLY

aly
01-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Shiloh goes in once a year. She's a healthy cat and I haven't needed to bring her in other than her annual visits. I haven't had Skylar quite a year yet, but he'll probably be the same. I have had him at the vet for all his kitten boosters and his neutering. He's good to go now until he's a year old.

petlover
01-07-2004, 02:45 PM
:o :o I voted for 2 to 3 years on accidently.:o :o I thought that it said 2 to 3 weeks.:o But we really have to go every 2 to 3 weeks. sigh... we have all of these animals to look after.

Freckles
01-07-2004, 03:14 PM
At least once a year AND when necessary.

Randi
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
For instance, Smokey, was a chronic "crystals in the urine" boy. Fortunate for Smokey his problem with the crystals has been resolved via surgery (Smokey is now a "girl";) ;) Unfortunate for our pocketbook as that was major $$$$.

The same goes for Fister. He gets his annual shot too, even though he's now an indoor cat, but we go on vacation frequently, so it's neccesary because he's in a cat pension while we're away.

kuhio98
01-07-2004, 07:36 PM
I used to take them at least once a year for their shots and when necessary if they got sick. But, since they have both had such bad reactions to the annual vaccines, I don't take them in anymore. Halo almost died twice from receiving multiple shots during one visit. Morganna had to have her cancerous leg amputated. The vet thinks the cancer was the result of the rabies vaccine. Soooooo, after long discusions with the vet they only go when necessary.

cutie_chica
01-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I think I annoy my vet, they go like every 3 months or so for a check up, I mean Tony has t go for his allergies, but Princess and Pacthes go for test for worms and stuff, :)

Tonya
01-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Only when necessary, which tends to be once a year since I am paranoid. lol.

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2004, 11:39 PM
They go once a year for their annual check up and booster shots and also when necessary.

jazzcat
01-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
They go once a year for their annual check up and booster shots and also when necessary.

Same here.

Uniqueviking
01-08-2004, 12:30 AM
I have the sweetest vet in the world, and she comes to my house every 6 mths. and gives the babies a health check + they of course go to the clinic if necessary.

catmandu
01-08-2004, 09:25 AM
They go , once a year , but probably as they get older , they might have to go in , more often. That will upset JJJ3 , who now has little accidents , every time that he goes! They dont have to ask for stool samples