PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie here!

Katiesmom
01-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi, Everyone! My name is Crystal and I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I just joined like yesterday and so I'm trying to get all this figured out. I thought this would be a good place to start on making friends around here, so if you have any suggestions, ideas or tips for me about anything around here please let me know. By the way how do all you get the cut little pictures under your names? Like I said I'm new so take it easy one me:p

aly
01-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Crystal!

Be careful, this is a very addicting site :D

I can't wait to hear more about you and your furkids!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Hi Crystal! Welcome to Pet Talk! :)
Do you mean an avatar, the one under your username or the big picture under your posts? (signature)

If it's an avatar, you need an image no bigger than 60x60 pixels. Go at the top to "User Cp", and then click "Edit Options" and scroll down to change avatar. From there, you either upload it from your files, or from a website.

If you're talking about a signature, you can make one on programs such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc. I would make you one, but I don't know how. :o Then, you need to upload it at www.imagestation.com. Make sure to register first!

Any more questions, just let me know! :)

Julie

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi! Welcome to pettalk! my name is Shannon and i'm 14. i have a rabbit named Cadbury and a black moor named highway and a fan tailed goldfish with a tiny tail named jonah. i use to have two guinea pigs (you can see them in my sig) but i had to leave them when i moved this summer. what kind of pets do you have? do you have a digital camera? we love to see pics of your pets.:D

Katiesmom
01-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks everyone for making me feel at home already!:D Yes, I have digital camera but like I said before I am still trying to get everything figured out around here so I am not really sure on how to show my pics. I have two rabbits. The first rabbit I got was at last easter and I'm really not sure what kind of rabbit she is but her name is Cotton and I have a Holland Lop that I got at christmas and her name is Katie shes 3 months old. As soon as I figure out how to put my pictures up I will show them:confused: :D

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 01:08 PM
aww i love lops! my rabbit is a mini-lop (i think):o here's a picture of him

Katiesmom
01-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, how precious! I'm still figuring out how to put a picture up for those who want to see I hope I figure it out this year :D

anna_66
01-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi Crystal, Welcome to PT!

I'm Anna & I'm owned by the three in my picture below.

I know your going to love it here!:D

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi and welcome Crystal!!
I'm an idiot with the pictures, so no help from me--I can't wait to see them though!!
My name is Emily, and I have 4 dogs: Kito, a shiba inu; Abbey, a beagle; Riley,a lab; and Jada, a rottweiler.

Katiesmom
01-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Ok so I have figured out how to get a avatar from a site but I haven't figured out how to make my own and still working on the pictures:eek:

amoore
01-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Welcome crystal to Pet Talk!:D

I'm not good at making avatars or signatures. There is several people that is great at it! If they know you want one,
I know they would.
Can't wait to hear about your pets and you.

Your friend Ann

Katiesmom
01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
So I haven't figured out how to do the picture thing so if any one could inform me on how to do it I would appreciate it. What I mean by picture thing is how to get the picture in the message, I see a image button but when I click on it I don't understand what it is asking for and when I try the attachment file thing I don't see it in my message :confused:

Karen
01-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Welcome! To post pictures in a thread, instead of as an attachment, it's slightly more involved. See Phred's Excellent Tutorial (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406) for detailed instructions.

jenluckenbach
01-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Welcome. I am one of pet talk's CAT CRAZY LADIES with 15 plus I foster for a rescue organization. You'll get the picture thing figured, out, trust me, I did and I don't know squat about computers. :p

jazzcat
01-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi and Welcome!!

I look forward to seeing and hearing about your furbabies. I have four as you can see below.

This is a great place, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

bluekat
01-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Welcome t PT Crystal!:D Yes, this is a very addicting site, so be careful!;)
I am owned by my Persian/Himmy Blueberry, and you can see some of his pics in my signature:)
Can't wait to see pictures of your animals! We love pictures here:D So post lots!

Hope you enjoy it here!

KYS
01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
A warm welcome to Pet Talk. :)

Karen

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Welcome! To post pictures in a thread, instead of as an attachment, it's slightly more involved. See Phred's Excellent Tutorial (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406) for detailed instructions.
hehe thanks karen i could use that too:o

AmberLee
01-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. While you're getting settled in and figuring out how to post pictures, etc., feel free to tell us about your rabbits. Cotton and Katie sound really cute and I'm eager to hear of their antics. (...or have I gotten the wrong impression of their personality?)

Katiesmom
01-07-2004, 06:50 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p9666a91e8d3a94d81760c55761a4124a/fa079cc4.jpg

I think I finally got it!:o

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Aww!! How ADORBALE! *nose scritchies to Katie*

Katiesmom
01-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Amber thanks for asking about there personality! Cotton is an outside rabbit and doesn't like to be held much so I pretty much just and pet and talk to her. Katie on the other hand is an inside rabbit and is the funniest pet I have ever seen she really keeps me rolling on the floor and keeps me on my toes because shes only 3 months and wants to chew up everything just now as I was writing this I had to go pull and piece of my rug out of her mouth:eek: :D ! Katie loves to eat and so does Cotton. Cotton is so huge she will be a year old in april. I have only had Katie for about 3 weeks now so I'm still getting to know her personality so in a way we all will be learning her personality together!:)