PDA

View Full Version : Do other Dogs BLITZ?

FizzGiggs_Mommy
01-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone I am a mommy to a Bichon Frise FizzGigg and Just wondering I have to ask.

Do other dogs BLITZ?

You ask what is a Blitz?
The Bichon Blitz is a well know thing that the Bichon Breed does. When a Bichon is in excelent health and happyness they run in circles as fast as they can around anything growling and picking up toys tossing them in the air. The Blitz is quite a sight to see and Very funny.

My FizzGigg does this all the time. I have snaped a couple of pictures of him doing this But I still live in the 35ml camera iceage:D and will have them developed soon:D

katienoonan
01-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Well Lucy does something similar and she is a basset hound/lab mix. This occurs several times a day. She will do laps around the house running as fast as possible and she will bark. Also she will throw her toys around and try to catch them in the air. My Grandmothers pomeranian does the same thing your Bichon does though and it is quite a sight.

Pam
01-07-2004, 02:20 PM
So that's what you call it! HA! That describes my Ripley to a T. He loves to thow his toys up in the air and every once in a while he will run through the living room/dining room doing Figure 8's for no reason at all. We just sit back and watch and laugh and Bella does this - :rolleyes: HA!

DogLover9501
01-07-2004, 02:49 PM
My dog wiggles does this often(shes a shih-tzu cross)

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Bichon Blitz--that's cute!!
Kito does the "Shiba 500"--sounds similar--he runs and runs and runs around his object of choice--usually the coffee table or dining room table--it is so funny to watch!!!!

KYS
01-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Rocky does the blitz!
In fact he did it last week, and tossed his
nyla bone at the curio cabenit and broke the glass. :mad:

Sheba use too, but not with her arthritis.

RobiLee
01-08-2004, 06:51 AM
The Blitz! What a great name. Katie does this also. Sometimes she will have a toy and be flipping it up in the air and then the next thing you know she is off and running. We love watching the blitz and always laugh. I always find a spot on the couch and put my feet up so that I don't get trampled on...lol.

Rocky! What are you doing, you big Goof?! You are not supposed to break things when you are in blitz mode. Be careful, Boy!! Oh, how I wish I could give you big ol hug!

Robin :)

Tonya
01-08-2004, 07:06 AM
My childhood dog, Christy (alaskan malmute-timber wolf) used to do that. Whenever we'd say "Go, Christy, Go!" It'd egg her on and she'd start jamming around. lol. One time, we were at a school when we got her going...she ran right into a backstop. lol.