PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Katz (1986 - 2000)

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Katz (May 1, 1986 - May 3, 2000)

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0003/cats/katz2.jpg

Remembering Katz (http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0003/cats/katz.htm)

This is my Katz, my beloved tux girl and soulmate through so many years! Others called her grumpy and not easy to get along with, but I just loved her the way she was!

The first time I saw her, she was only two days old, oh what a sweet and tiny kitten she was! At the age of six weeks, she came to live with me, and we've been through so many things together!

The longer I lived with her, the harder to bear was the thought to let her go one day. She had problems with her bowels for many years, even though the vet could never really tell me what's been wrong with her.

In February 2000, at the age of almost 14, a stomach infection hit her very hard. After that, she never fully recovered. Weeks later, I noticed she had problems breathing, also, she was coughing. At Easter 2000, a heart disease and fluid in her lungs was diagnosed, she was already very ill at that point. The meds she got couldn't be absorbed by her sick bowels, and eventually the poor baby got some kind of seizure, and she couldn't walk anymore. And I could see it in her eyes, that she was already catching a glimpse of the other world... This was the moment I realized her time had come. After being through some weeks of hope and fear, I had to make the toughest decision... :(

It's been the sadest thing I've ever done; taking her to the vet, on her last journey... For 14 long years she's been my best friend, but now I felt it was my duty not to let her suffer any longer. She left an emptiness in my life that words cannot describe. She will always be missed, and I love her so much!

Kirsten

catmandu
01-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Katz has such a sweet face , and it is such a looss to lose such a dear friend, But the Cat Angel Army is going on the first trip of the Quuen mary 2 , and Katz will be at the Captains table.

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 09:35 AM
But the Cat Angel Army is going on the first trip of the Quuen mary 2 , and Katz will be at the Captains table.

That's sweet, thank you! :)

Kirsten

slick
01-07-2004, 09:45 AM
What a beautiful Tuxie. RIP sweet Katz. You had a wonderful life and a wonderful Meowmie.

bisi.cat
01-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I've finished to read Katz' story...
What a special girl she was...I know how it is to love a "grumpy" girl, that only shows her pure affection to her meowmie and it's a threat to me when I sometimes think that one day we'll have to part...
Katz' story told me how fragile our life is and that we have to fully enjoy each moment.
This is a very fine tribute to a very fine cat and I am sure she now graces the RB with her presence, because up there they can right see what a big loving heart is, even when it comes with a grumpy attitude...

RIP sweet Katz!

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks, slick and bisi.cat!

Oh yes, she was my special little soulmate girl, and she is terribly missed.

It seems the longer you live with them, the harder it is to let them go... :(

Kirsten

catlover4ever
01-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Kirsten, Katz was beautiful. I bet she had some good "Tuxitude"....you can see it in her face. What a beautiful memorial to a beautiful little lady. --- Meg

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Kirsten, thank you for sharing this wonderful tribute to Katz. She was a gorgeous girl and shared many good years with you. Now you have many memories of her and she'll live in your heart forever. RIP sweet Katz.

Julie Grove
01-08-2004, 05:42 AM
It's hard to believe the emptiness we feel when losing someone that we love so much and for how long we feel this way. Each and every pet takes a piece of our heart with them.

Kirsten
01-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

Julie, you are so right! When Katz went to the RB, a friend has written to me: "nothing with erase the little paw prints they left in your heart", and she was so right!

Kirsten

rg_girlca
01-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Kirsten, what a special tribute to your special girl Katz.
Your Katz was very lucky to have shared 14 long years with you, full of wonderful moments.
May the sweet memories remain forever in your heart.
Rest in Peace sweetie.

IttyBittyKitty
01-13-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by bisi.cat
I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I've finished to read Katz' story...

Me too, what a sweet kitty!

guster girl
01-13-2004, 08:01 PM
My cat of seventeen years, Dusty, passed away on December 12th. I miss him and my little dog, Bruno, who also passed in 2003 at the age of 15. But, I didn't see that anyone had listed the website that I've posted tributes to both of them on. The site is very nice and it helped a lot when I lost them to write something for them. The site is www.in-memory-of-pets.com And, I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before! I'm new!

AvaJoy
01-14-2004, 09:20 PM
What a lovely tribute to your dearly departed furry-friend. My Lily is elderly and grumpy, too . . . but we still love them and the thought of their passing is a reality that we must all someday face, as sad as it will be.:(

Take heart in remembering the bond you shared together, and knowing Katz is eternally watching over you from the RB. {{HUGS}}

Kirsten
01-16-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

AvaJoy, your Lily sounds like a very special girl, I hope you will still have some more years with her.

Kirsten