PDA

View Full Version : Cat Wetting

Bonnie Shipp
01-07-2004, 09:11 AM
MY DAUGHTER HAS A BLUE POINT PERSIAN NAMED JASMIE AND WHENEVER JASMINE IS PUT IN THE FAMILY ROOM(WHICH IS NOW A TEMPORARY BEDROOM FOR MY DAUGHTER) AND NOT ALLOWED TO ROAM THE HOUSE SHE WETS ON MY DAUGHTERS BED. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO STOP HER? SOMETIMES SHE HAS TO BE PUT IN THERE,WHICH IS WHERE SHE SLEEPS ANYWAY.

Cataholic
01-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi, and welcome to Pet Talk!

I don't know from your post if there is a litter box in there or not? If not, well, I know the answer to the question. If so, is it ALWAYS in there? If not, well, I know the answer to the question.

Cats need/like consistency. Make sure there is a litter box in there, all the time, and that she has acess to it all the time.

Also, she may be peeing the bed in reaction to putting her in there. So, maybe you shouldn't put her in there? Why does she have to be put in there?

PayItForward
01-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Bonnie :D

I agree we need more information before we can give sensible advice.

Although it is ALWAYS worth checking with a vet if your cats toilet habits change in case she has a UTI infection.

Bonnie Shipp
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
THANK YOU FOR WRITING BACK. SHE HAS BEEN CHECKED OUT AND SHE DID HAVE CRYSTALS IN HER URINE BUT NOT ANYMORE WITH A CHANGE IN HER DIET. NOW IT SEEMS LIKE SHE IS ONLY DOING IT WHEN SHE IS MAD AT MY DAUGHER. SHE IS SO CUTE YOU CAN'T GET MAD AT HER. ALTHOUGH MY DAUGHTER IS TIRED OF WASHING BEDDING!

PayItForward
01-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Bonnie.

Glad it was a happy ending.

PS. Hope you will stick around and chat, maybe post a photo of Jasmie :D