PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Aysche (1984 - 1986)

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Aysche (June 28, 1984 - March 7, 1986)

http://www.tillyschanze.de/aysche1.jpg

This is my Aysche, she was my first cat. I got her when I was 18 and when I went through a very difficult time in life. She was a little persian tortie girl and was 12 weeks old when I got her.

It didn't take long and we noticed she was sick. First, she would only hide, but she seemed to do better when she got extra vitamines. Later, she developed skin problems and jaundice. During the last months of her short life, she got weeker and weeker. Due to her long fur, we didn't notice what should have been obvious: her tummy looked like a balloon while the rest of her body got skinny.

It was the day she broke down when the vet finally found out what's been wrong with her: FIP, the most fatal of all cat diseases. Since she was already very, very sick at that point, we decided to put her to sleep.

With the knowledge I have today, it's hard to understand how the seriousness of her condition could have been hidden to my eye for such a long time. But she was my first cat and she was young, and during the 80s, it was still a common thought that "cats have 9 lives"...Besides, even the vet didn't know much about FIP at that point.

So, my Aysche's life was a sad story, and she had to suffer a lot before she was allowed to go to the RB, but she never complained, and she never let you know how bad she was feeling. She was a sweet and affectionate girl and everyone who knew her liked her a lot. She brought a lot of joy and love to those who lived with her.

Kirsten

catmandu
01-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Ayshe is alsoa Fantatsic Cat , and she too , will be at the Cats Table , with the Captain , eating gourmet food!With all her Cat An gel Pals!

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Ayshe is alsoa Fantatsic Cat , and she too , will be at the Cats Table , with the Captain , eating gourmet food!With all her Cat An gel Pals!

Ahhh, she will love that, I'm sure! :)

Kirsten

slick
01-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Aysche, you are one gorgeous kitty and I just know that you've made lots and lots of friends at the RB. Please watch over your Meowmie for us.

Beautiful pictures Kirsten.

bisi.cat
01-07-2004, 10:04 AM
It's so sad when they brighten our lives for only such a short time, but it's not the years that tell how much you love, but what our furry friends bring out in us...

You've been a very beautiful persian girl, Ayshe...unfortunately your time here was so short...
RIP, Ayshe!!!

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks! :)

She was really such a darling.. Always kind and in a good mood, and never misbehaving... Just as if she knew she hadn't much time to please everyone - and she did her best with the time given to her!

Kirsten

catlover4ever
01-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Wow, when the page opened Aysche's face just jumped off the screen. Another fantastic tribute to a beautiful girl. It is so very sad when for some reason the good Lord only lets us have our furkids for a short time. I often wonder why??? but I know in my heart that He sends us our furkids for a reason, even if it is only for a short time, during that time they sure do light up our lives.
--- Meg

Julie Grove
01-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Aysche was truly beautiful - I could look at her forever!

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Kirsten, thanks for sharing Aysche's story with us. This is such a wonderful tribute to her. Although her life was short here on earth, she left behind many great memories for you to remember and she now lives in your heart. RIP sweet Aysche.

Kirsten
01-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I often wonder why??? but I know in my heart that He sends us our furkids for a reason

If it's been like that, I think it's been because she was such a great comfort to my mom when my father has been diagnosed with cancer. While he was in hospital, Aysche would sit next to her every night. She was very sad when I moved out and took Aysche with me. Soon after that, her condition got worse. Maybe she knew her task has been done...

Kirsten

rg_girlca
01-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Kirsten, what a beautiful tribute to your beautiful Aysche.
Thanks for sharing her with us.
Rest in Peace sweetheart.

AvaJoy
01-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Such a striking photo of darling Aysche, and I'm so curious about her name and the proper pronunciation, its origin and meaning!

When my husband was going through chemotherapy, our Lily stayed right by his side in bed, as if she knew he needed her comfort.

Aysche was a spectacular kitty, and I'm sure she will never forget her life here with you and your family, as short as it was.

Kirsten
01-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Ava Joy, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. And your Lily must be such a darling! :)

"Aysche" is a Turkisch name, but written in German (originally it would be "Ayse", but the "s" would be pronounced as a "sch"). I don't know the meaning of the name, would be interesting to find out. Since Aysche was a Persian, I found the name quite fitting, I was looking for something oriental.

You would pronounce it like "Ishe", the "i" would sound like "I" or the one in "Hi". The "e" is a short "e" like in "the". Hope this makes any sense.. :)

Edited because I just did some research and found out "Ayse" (or "Aysche" means "the Living". Almost ironic, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Kirsten

Cataholic
01-15-2004, 05:31 PM
What a moving tribute to Aysche. Her beauty was only on earth for such a short time, but, she lives in your heart always.

AvaJoy
01-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Ava Joy, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. And your Lily must be such a darling! :)

"Aysche" is a Turkisch name, but written in German (originally it would be "Ayse", but the "s" would be pronounced as a "sch"). I don't know the meaning of the name, would be interesting to find out. Since Aysche was a Persian, I found the name quite fitting, I was looking for something oriental.

You would pronounce it like "Ishe", the "i" would sound like "I" or the one in "Hi". The "e" is a short "e" like in "the". Hope this makes any sense.. :)

Edited because I just did some research and found out "Ayse" (or "Aysche" means "the Living". Almost ironic, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Kirsten

Oh, gosh! The meaning IS ironic, and so sad. Thank you for letting me know how to pronounce Aysche . . . it is beautiful and unique, as was your kitty.

I will add it to my list of favorite names . . . ever since I was a young girl I have been fascinated with names, and always kept an evolving list to someday bestow upon my pets.

Kirsten
01-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Thanks, Cataholic. :)

AvaJoy, that's an interesting hobby that you have, and I'm glad you like my little girl's name.. :)

Kirsten

CatDad
01-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Thank you for sharing your little girls story.

It really is sad when they are taken from us so early, but like Gary said she is feasting and having a grand time.

RIP Aysche.