PDA

View Full Version : On the same SN on different computers?

Kfamr
01-06-2004, 07:18 PM
This is so odd. I'm able to sign on AIM, the same name, on both of my computers at the same time. Right now i'm logged on the family room computer, with AIM still logged on in my room.

Maybe it's because my computer is on a router? I was never able to before. It's very, very, odd.

Anyone else able to do this? It can get confusing because some messages go to the other computer, some go to the one i'm on.

aly
01-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Yup - I can sign on from multiple computers at once too.

I also have my own name on my list and send myself messages when I get bored :p :p :p

Kfamr
01-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by aly
Yup - I can sign on from multiple computers at once too.

I also have my own name on my list and send myself messages when I get bored :p :p :p

OH! I have the best conversations with myself! :p :rolleyes: :D :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by aly

LOL! Me too! :o It's so funny, I'll type "How are you?" and it'll answer "How are you?" :p Aha.

Kater
01-06-2004, 07:30 PM
I think AIM used to kick you offline when you signed on from two locations. It would kick you off at the location where you signed in earlier. Now, for me at least, AIM will just give me a message that I am signed on at more than one location but will not kick me off. All this might depend on what version you have, I don't know. *shrug*