PDA

View Full Version : Cell Dogs

dukedogsmom
01-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Have any of you got to watch this show on Animal Planet? I just recently discovered it. It's about inmates that train puppies to be guide dogs. I've only seen two but it's a great show. It's really helped me to see the inmates as people instead of just another criminal. Although I surely don't condone what they did to get there, this seems to be helping them to become better people. It's really sweet to see these hardened guys and gals spend every moment with the puppies to get them trained. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it. I haven't watched it enough to find out when it's regularly on, though.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I saw the "premire" of it yesterday! :) I think it's a great show.

Toby's my baby
01-06-2004, 06:32 PM
I have also seen 2 eposodes of Cell Dogs. I think it is great to see inmates caring about life and having a "job" to do. I think they also do a great job of training the dogs. I am glad to see there spirits and lifes changing with this awsome program.

Corinna
01-06-2004, 07:17 PM
I don't get cable so I haven't seen it but I had a trip to Purdy womens prison when i was in 4-h and showing dogs. They had the first program for alert dogs for people with medical problems. It helps so many .

petlover
01-06-2004, 08:01 PM
I absolutely LOVE that show. I watch it every Monday. I think that it is sweet how those dogs change bad people like that.:D

Cinder & Smoke
01-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Here's an interesting link -

Appears to be a series of photos taken while the Film Crew was inside the Nevada State Prison shooting one of the Cell Dog shows...

The actual site is for one of the Sound Techs;
but there's a *clicker* on his home page that starts the Cell Dogs photo series.

Scroll DOWN in the larger, right-hand panel till you see
the Cell Dogs photo - then CLICK on it...

"TV Soundman" site >> Cell Dogs Photos (http://www.tvsoundman.com/)

*LabLoverKEB*
01-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
I saw the "premire" of it yesterday! :) I think it's a great show.

I also saw it.