PDA

View Full Version : I found an agility class...hopefully!

wolf_Q
01-06-2004, 03:17 PM
I think I may have actually found an agility class fairly close to me (about 30 minutes away). :D Now I just have to find out what time it is, and if it conflicts with my work/school schedule...

ramanth
01-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Lucky! :D

Cincy'sMom
01-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Awesome!! I hope it works out for you!!

That is the one thing I asked for, for Christmas, that I didn't get...to take Sadie through an agility class. Oh well...maybe for my birthday :)

wolf_Q
01-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, it's at 8 pm, which is pretty late, but it will not conflict with my classes or work...

And it won't be fun driving in the snow in an area I've never driven in.

But I'm attending a class tonight, so we'll see! :)

wolf_Q
01-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, we went to the class tonight.

I think Nebo did very well! He seemed very confident and not afraid of strangers like he is sometimes. He REALLY loved the tunnel lol...the big curved one under the A-frame (I don't know what everything is called )...he went right into that on his own, he wasn't even supposed to. Then he came out the back end and crawled right back in and went through again!

I was expecting it to be all herding breeds or something, but the other dogs were a lab and a boxer--both females, both adorable! :)

tikeyas_mom
01-06-2004, 11:38 PM
cool i bet nebo will do very well in that class, if u end up taking him to it :p

Rio and Me
01-07-2004, 04:46 AM
Cool, I bet you will have a great time,lol
Me and Rio are starting Agility on the 13th, I just cant wait.
All she can do so far (from what we have) big jumps, and a very large A-frame (the huge one for training poilce dogs, its was taller than me,lol), so i think she'll do just fine,lol.
Oh and we do need pics,lol
Ky and Rio

ramanth
01-07-2004, 09:16 AM
I say again... LUCKY! :D

Sounds like you both had a blast. :) Kia HATED the tunnel when we were at the K9 agility demo but loved most of the other stuff.

Dogz
01-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Wow!:eek: Nebo did a VERY good job on the very first time! When we started agility, we only started with jumps. Agility classes are a lot of fun-- maybe you should have a friend or somebody come with you to take some pictures, I know everybody would love to see some!:D

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Good Job Nebo!!

Sadie and Cincy are also huge fans of the tunnel. When we go to the Dog park in BG, they will run back and forth through both tunnels, and even lay down in them :)

Crikit
01-07-2004, 10:05 PM
WOOHOOO Nebo's doing agility, Nebo's doing agility. :D

That's great Amy, and see didn't I tell you that he'd do good in it? ;) and the curved tunnel under the aframe is called a tunnel :p

Foam
01-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Yay! Another agility buddy for Ozzy! :D Good luck!

ParNone
01-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Ah I knew you guys would love it. Can't wait to hear all the
Nebo agility stories to come.:)

Par...

wolf_Q
01-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey Crikit..gotta mention one thing....I've been using little cut up pieces of that 'rollover' treat you sent when training. Oh my does he ever LOVE LOVE LOVE that stuff!!

I made a dorky little ramp and a super crap-tacular jump to practice with. He really likes to jump too! He doesn't care for the ramp, but he'll still do it.

Here's a pic of him jumping...BTW I didn't have it set this high the whole time, I had it really low...I just put it higher to catch a good pic lol. ;) Don't mind my mom in the background and the mess, it's our unfinished basement. I know you all are jealous of that puke-green carpet. :p

anna_66
01-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Yipee, Nebo gets to go to agility classes!

I bet he really loves it.

Roxey liked going and being around all the other dogs and doing the jumps and of course the tunnel was her favorite too.

Hope you two have lots of fun!!

Dogz
01-10-2004, 11:30 PM
It looks like Nebo is having fun in agility!

Prince loves the tunnel too. After we went through it a few times though he got sick of it. (typical puppy thing;)) After he gets a break from it he loves it again.:)

Dogz
01-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Crappy equipment doesn't matter! I remember when I first started I used two boxes and a broomstick.:rolleyes: Now I have some poles with holes so I can put some poles through them. It works. I also have a dog walk. I took a saw horse for the top and had two boards hinged to the sides. Then I put cubeular boards underneath the hinged boards for more support. And just a hoola-hoop works fine for a tire.:)

I will try to find a pic of the dog walk.:D