PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Those Who Work from Home

Edwina's Secretary
01-06-2004, 01:55 PM
How do you get anything done??????? I have a couple of projects I REALLY need to do today but it is so hard with my body contorted to accomodate Edwina who is snuggled in my lap with her head tucked inside my sweater.

Perhaps if I turned the heat up (it goes down to 63 during the day) she would not need to snuggle so much?

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 02:11 PM
I too have a question for those who work at home (I was going to actually start my own thread)

What do you DO?(your job) and how can I get a job like that!! ;) I'd love to work from home.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2004, 02:16 PM
It goes down to 63 during the day! :eek: :eek: Ours is at 62 at night, but there's no way I could get anything done here at work if the temp was 63 - much less if I had a cat curled up on my lap! :eek: Our thermostat here at work is set at 70 and I have a heater under my desk that hasn't shut itself off in days. ;)

What Terry does (because Peanut wants to be up by him all the time too) is he is firm in the morning and early afternoon that she has to stay down, then about 2:00 pm or so he relents and starts letting her up on his lap. She has come to learn the routine and doesn't really bother him in the mornings anymore, but come 2:00 pm, she's right there begging for that lap space. :D

You could try setting her on the towel on the bed next to Eddie....;) :p

Cataholic
01-06-2004, 02:20 PM
62? Good gosh. I keep my house an even 60, and I still sweat at night! With windows open! I am CHEAP! I would rather layer the sweaters than pay the heat. Plus, it keeps the kitties close by. I work from home sometimes. I just pet and work, pet and work...

Tonya
01-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
How do you get anything done??????? I have a couple of projects I REALLY need to do today but it is so hard with my body contorted to accomodate Edwina who is snuggled in my lap with her head tucked inside my sweater.

Perhaps if I turned the heat up (it goes down to 63 during the day) she would not need to snuggle so much?

I keep my house at 70 degrees and my cats still want to snuggle. lol. At least you don't have a dog (Roxy :rolleyes: ) who constantly nudges your arm when you are using the mouse. lol. I'd never be able to work at home! I'd sit on PT all day. :D

Tonya
01-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
62? Good gosh. I keep my house an even 60, and I still sweat at night! With windows open! I am CHEAP! I would rather layer the sweaters than pay the heat. Plus, it keeps the kitties close by. I work from home sometimes. I just pet and work, pet and work...

I'm just the opposite...I've had this argument with my dad many times....There are a few things that I refuse to skimp on...they are comfort and food. I never look or consider prices when I am grocery shopping. I never think about the temp at the house. I just want to be comfy.

My parents were big sticklers growing up about leaving lights on, the ac and heating, etc...My dad calls me the 'wasteful generation'. I guess it's true.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Actually, truth be told, it's only 62 because Terry won't let it go any further down. I would prefer 60 also. We have a big down comforter that I haven't put on the bed yet since 62 is just too warm to begin with, and then to add the comforter - ugh! He thinks I'm crazy because I still want the ceiling fan on. And like you, the colder it is, the more likely that I'll be "trapped" in bed by two kitties - one per side. ;) :D

Anyway....didn't mean to distract from the "working from home" subject..... :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-06-2004, 03:02 PM
What do you DO?(your job) and how can I get a job like that

I am a human resource consultant for small companies. I do spend time at the client's site as well. As to how to get a job like this.....get the crap beat out of you for over 20 years by Corporate America and then have them hang on your every word because you are a Consultant telling them the very same things you told them before for less $$$. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(And Debbie...I haven't put the comforter on yet either....and the cieling fan is on 24/7/52. Temp at night is 60.)