PDA

View Full Version : If you woke up tomorrow

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 12:48 PM
allergic to cats, what would you do?

Lallypop11
01-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Get lots of allergy drugs, my cats aren't going anywhere!

catnapper
01-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Take daily allergy shots! Cats stay, allergies go witht the help of modern medicine.

Either that or sneeze and sniff my head off to the annoyance of the world. Either way, both guys stay.

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 01:00 PM
commit suicide???????

PayItForward
01-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
commit suicide???????
ROTFLMAO :D :D

catcrazylady
01-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Swell up, and sneeze until I die!!

Edwina's Secretary
01-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I am already allergic to cats!

Cheshirekatt
01-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Sneeze all the time! :D

kimlovescats
01-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Actually I AM allergic to cats, and I have Asthma induced by my allergies! :eek: Two years ago I was hospitalized for 13 days with double pneumonia which was complicated by a severe asthma attack. At that point, my lung doctors told me to get rid of my cats! :rolleyes: That is when my hubby built our large indoor (garage) cat enclosure. Of course, only a few of them ever stay in that anymore.... I love my cats too much, and I will take medication for as long as I can, but I WILL NOT give up my babies!!! ;)

catlover4ever
01-06-2004, 01:33 PM
I do every morning. I have allergies to cats so when I get up in the morning I take my daily dose of Allevert D. My physician has told me to give up my frubabies....I told her I would give her up first. ;) I will NEVER be without a furbaby...no matter how bad my allergies get.

slick
01-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
allergic to cats, what would you do?

Take drugs!!!!!

Whoa.....look at the pretty colours......

Cataholic
01-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Go back to sleep, and re-waken later. Surely God would be playing an awful joke on me:(

RedHedd
01-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Buy stock in Kleenex (Kimberly Clark?) and the makers of Allegra, Nasacort and Hepa Filters!

Actually I have allergies (or did?) and asthma. My doc suggested that I get rid of my cat(s). I switched doctors. :p

I've heard (and discovered) that the more I'm exposed to my cats' allergy-inducing dander, the less my allergies bother me and the more I love my cats! The cats stay! They've learned to tolerate my sneezing and watery eyes! :D

catland
01-06-2004, 01:40 PM
what they said.

Acually, my husband is allergic to cats but his allergies have decreased over the years.

If necessary, I'd give them baths or do what I could to reduce the allergens.

sirrahbed
01-06-2004, 01:40 PM
THAT is an awful thought, especially if they were very severe. I find that Dylan makes my eyes water and I sneeze:( so guess I have some allergies - have always had seasonal symptoms but must not be that bad because I tolerate them. I just cannot imagine NOT having my cats. I think I would just deal with it - wear a mask when brushing then, use Hepa filters and air purifiers - just deal with it the best I could. Anything to keep my cats. I guess if they were so severe as to be life threatening - I would have to deal with that and rehome them..but that would be a rare case I think.

trayi52
01-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Good idea! Switch doctors, take a lot of drugs and like Slick said watch all the pretty colors.

My hubby trys to tell me the reason I sneeze so much is because of my cats. I told him no way, I am just allergic to you!! *pointing at hubby* LOL!;)

cutie_chica
01-06-2004, 02:30 PM
I already am! Docter told me never to have any cats, then I rescued Princess, and Kept her, then I got Tony at a shealter... then Pactches showed up at my doorstep.. so what can I say lol, I take lots of meds. for it, I will never get rid of my babies!!:D

jazzcat
01-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I am already allergic to cats!

Me too. I just take my meds and happily sniff and sneeze throught it. I love my cats too much.

rg_girlca
01-06-2004, 04:00 PM
LOL My doctor told me also to get rid of my cats cause of my chronic sinusitis. I told him, "Yeah sure, watch me. Obviously you don't know who you are talking to." He said, it would make my life easier, I would be able to breath better, be able to smell better and I wouldn't feel so stuffed up all the time. I told him, "No, it wouldn't make my life easier or better cause I would be miserable without my babies." End of conversation, he just filled out my prescription.:)

NoahsMommy
01-07-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm allergic to cats too, and have allergy induced asthma as well. Yet, my only long-haired cat sleeps on my head each night anyway. ;)

I take my Allegra, Singulair and Patinol (eye drops) when I need them and hug my fuzzies tighter.

Actually, since I've had Noah (and the others) my allergies have gotten better. Wierd....

bisi.cat
01-07-2004, 01:50 AM
It's really astonishing that so many of you suffer from allergies towards cats...gladly I don't have any.
But my husband has allergies and asthma, since we moved into our house and have Nellie his condition has so much improved...

There's an interesting book from a swedish author about his fight against his cat allergy and it's strange but true, today he MUST live with cats to be allergy free...it's really an interesting book!

catmandu
01-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Like most Cat Lovers , I would get the right meds. Or rent an apartment and visit to set up FOOD and claen thier litter. And hire Cat Players to keep them amused.

CatDad
01-07-2004, 09:56 AM
I agree with bisi.cat, I am amazaed at how many of us actually have alleries to cats. I will consider myself lucky.

However, if I ever developed an allergy to cats, I would too would take drugs(watch pretty colors with Slick) and whatever else I could to minimize it. I would not give up my fur kids.

Plus, from reading the posts it looks like having cats may help with the allergies in some cases.

sirrahved
01-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I actually am, but it goes away when I get used to kitties. When I meet new kitties, I itch ALL of the time! I don't let it bug me, though, because I can't resist a furbody.