PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow, Let it snow.... west coast storm watch.

catland
01-06-2004, 11:42 AM
It' beautiful here in Portland today. A regular winter wonderland. It's only 20F (-7C) outside. The wind is blowing and the snow is snowing and I feel like I'm in the movie Fargo.

We only get this kind of weather once every 5-10 years so its always memorable when it happens.

Bad news is that when it warms up we suffer a transition phase when the roads are covered in black ice (Ice that you cannot see until it is too late).

Seattle, BC, how are the rest of you doing?

luckies4me
01-06-2004, 11:46 AM
It's snowing here in Eugene as well. Did you happen to see the pictures I posted in General of my son in the snow? We had 7 inches in Eugene, which is really good. We got about 1 1/2 inch last night and this morning it was frozen rain, but now the snow is falling again. We lost several trees around here. There have been two fatalities and it's not very safe to be out there driving. Thank goodness all our grocery shopping was done yesterday!

G.P.girl
01-06-2004, 01:05 PM
WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO SCHOOL IN SEATTLE!!!! yipeeeee!!!:cool: :D

Cheshirekatt
01-06-2004, 01:14 PM
We've gotten about 4 inches so far.

It's very powdery and cold and windy!

Wilma and I went out for a walk and there's kids everywhere sledding and making snow angels.

I'm not sure about other areas, but in mine there's a fine sheet of ice underneath all the snow and it's quite slick. So slick in fact, that I slipped and went a$$ over tea kettle on our walk! :D Nothing hurt except my pride but Wilma had to come over and make sure I was ok and that turned into wrestling in the snow.

:)