PDA

View Full Version : Dog-e-Tag?

pit chic
01-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.dog-e-tag.com

I was disturbed with the advertisement on MSN: "A digital tag for your wandering pooch"

It makes it seem like it's ok for your dog to wander, especially if it has this tag on. While the idea is a clever one, I think it will leave people even more open to being irresponsible with keeping their animals properly confined. Your thoughts?

micki76
01-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I think my biggest problem would be remembering to replace the batteries. :rolleyes:

I don’t think it will encourage people to allow their pets roam free anymore than the tags we use now. I think it’s just another example of progress.

I’d like one that talks and displays, myself. Sometimes the tiny writing is hard to read on conventional tags.

sabies
01-06-2004, 06:06 PM
I just saw that today. I don't think it would encourage people to allow wandering since it won't protect a dog from a car and all the other dangers but it's nice to be able to give more info on the tag and to be able to update it as needed - like if you go away on vacation. I think I'll wait for a GPS tag so I can just track down my dog myself.

Cookiebaker
01-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I think it's a good idea. It's the same thing as a regular metal one, but can hold a lot more information.

It'd be great, for example, if your dog needs medication on a regular basis. That way there are no questions. You could put the vet # etc. in there.

stacwase
01-06-2004, 06:20 PM
I think it's a good idea, but no more likely to get your dog returned to you than conventional tags. What I need is one with lights and sirens! Whenever Max managed to bold I could just hit a button and he'd start flashing and a siren would go off so I could find him!

dukedogsmom
01-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I think it's neat! It's much better than just having the rabies/vet tag. It holds a lot of info. Would really help out when dog was being boarded.

Pam
01-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I think it's a good idea. It's the same thing as a regular metal one, but can hold a lot more information.

It'd be great, for example, if your dog needs medication on a regular basis. That way there are no questions. You could put the vet # etc. in there.

I agree. :)