PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Connecticut has been canceled

moosmom
01-06-2004, 09:49 AM
I found out my unemployment benefits have been exhausted and there are no federal extensions available, thanks to the bigwigs on Capital Hill. According to them, the economy is much better (yeah right!! in what country??) and there's no NEED for an extension.

*sigh* So...I simply cannot afford to fly to CT. I need to work as many hours at my p-t job till I can find something QUICK!!! I can't justify sitting on my butt in CT while my daughter is at work.

I'm trying to think positive about this whole thing. But the uncertainty (how will I survive without a f-t job and little money) of it all scares me. I'm lucky that my landlord is so wonderful and understanding. Now all I have to do is convince my car loan people. I just pray that my cats stay healthy.

Will you guys keep me in your prayers? I never asked this of you guys before, but I know how PT prayers work.

Thanks. You're the BEST!!!

ramanth
01-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Huge hugs for you Donna!!! I just know the perfect f-t job will find it's way to you. :)

So sorry you had to cancel your trip though. :(

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 09:57 AM
Many prayers for you Donna, you deserve a break. I am glad to know that you are at least working part time, but I wish you much luck in finding that next full time position. (possibly a 2nd part time job might be a temporary answer, as I am sure you thought of that already). {{{HUGS}}}

catlover4ever
01-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Donna, sending immediate prayers your way.....and a hug too. {{{{hugs}}}}

catland
01-06-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers on the way.

I'll be sure to let all my unemployed friends know that the economy is better.:eek:

mugsy
01-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Like I told you on the phone last night.....something will come up. Jackie gave me some ideas too, I just PMed you with them. We'll chat!

Good luck and you know you're in my prayers and good thoughts.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Will you guys keep me in your prayers? I never asked this of you guys before, but I know how PT prayers work.

Absolutely Donna! I know you'll find something soon, and like you say, in the meantime work as many hours at the p-t job as you can.

Good luck! :)

AmberLee
01-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Prayers coming at ya! {{{hugs}}} too.

Miss Meow
01-06-2004, 05:31 PM
On the way.

The new year will hopefully unearth some new job opportunities for you :)

carole
01-06-2004, 05:44 PM
I wish you all the best in finding a new job this year Donna, times are hard, and I know what it is like to be living on the bones of your butt, its tough going, have you still got the pt work at bath and beyond, btw we have one of those shops in my city , good luck and I hope something suitable turns up soon.:)

slick
01-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Donna, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I can imagine how stressed you must be over this but I believe that the best things in life are worth the wait and I'm sure the purrfect full time job is just around the corner.

Hugs to you my friend for a very prosperous 2004. You know we are here for you.

Speckles needs to get a job too...so I'll have both of you in my prayers tonight.

moosmom
01-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Well, there is GOOD news for a change. I made some phone calls this morning looking for employment. I have been trying to get a job and PetSmart since I moved out here over a year ago. I never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. I called them again this morning and they told me they were doing open interviews this afternoon at 3:30. I was there at 3 pm!!

There were a cast of characters that showed up. With no disrespect, there were kids there with MULTIPLE body piercings, PINK hair, dressed like they lived on the street.

I felt really good after the interview. The manager that did the interview asked me why I wanted to work there. I told her about my background in animal rescue and my experience in retail. She asked me if I had any pets. :eek: :eek:

I told her I was owned by 8 cats, all rescues. She told me that it is very rare for a person with my rescue experience who is very flexible in their schedule to walk in off the street and interview.

:D :D :D I'll know in the next 24-48 hours whether I get asked to come back for a second interview. Drug testing is mandatory.

I'll let you know how I make out. Things definitely happen for a reason. God takes care of babies and idiots. I guess I figure somewhere in those categories.

Thanks guys!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
... Drug testing is mandatory...

Oh, RATz! :(

You'll have to lay off the KatNip
fur the next few daze! :p

GOOD LUCK with the Interview!! ;)

Corinna
01-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Way to go girl stay out of the brownies in Dicks place this week!

carole
01-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Best of Luck Donna, you deserve the job and I sure hope you get it!!!:)

gini
01-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Donna, this sounds like the perfect job for you.

You can count on my prayers and positive thoughts going in your direction that you will get this job.

I can fully understand how stressful this has been for you.

2004 is going to be YOUR YEAR!!

ramanth
01-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Way to go Donna!! :D Like Phred said... stay away from the kitty nip. ;) :D

Good luck! Hope they contact you soon!

ChrisH
01-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Sounds good Donna! :) Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Fingers and paws crossed too!

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 04:50 PM
You'll be in my prayers Donna--I hope you can get the job. It certainly sounds like you are the best candidate for the job--plus, you'll probably get a discount!!:)

Good luck!!!!