PDA

View Full Version : I seem to be losing posts....

gini
01-06-2004, 08:56 AM
I have not been counting, but I was sure I was over 3,600 posts and noticed this morning that I have dropped way back to 3,500 plus.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Perhaps some older threads have been deleted?

slick
01-06-2004, 09:45 AM
I've never really noticed mine much, but I do know that old threads being deleted will lessen your counts if you've responded to those threads. Maybe someone is doing some cleanup.

catland
01-06-2004, 10:32 AM
hmmm - I've lost some too because I know that yesterday I was well over 1600 and this post now makes 1599.

I hope no one is deleting Thursday threads.:eek: ;)

gini
01-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by catland
hmmm - I've lost some too because I know that yesterday I was well over 1600 and this post now makes 1599.

I hope no one is deleting Thursday threads.:eek: ;)

Maybe it would be just as well if some of the "evidence" was destroyed.:D :D

amoore
01-06-2004, 01:02 PM
I lost at least 8 last night. I have noticed losing some before, but not that many. The numbers don't worry me, but I wonder if I made somone mad or if I did somthing wrong. I wish that we could be told why, when it happens. So if I did somthing wrong, I would not repeat it.:confused:

trayi52
01-06-2004, 01:25 PM
I haven't even noticed, I never look at how many post I have. Wonder whats going with them. If everybody is losing them, I suppose I have lost some too....

Willie:confused:

catland
01-06-2004, 01:29 PM
THIS post now makes 1590.

I'm melting......

amoore - its probably nothing that you've done. Threads get deleted two ways. One, the thread has gotten out of hand and the administrators, Karen and Paul, delete it, or two, the person who created the thread decides, for what ever reason they want, to delete a thread.

Felicia's Mom
01-06-2004, 01:32 PM
I noticed that too. I am sure I had 740 or a little more. The next time I looked, there were 739 posts.

gini
01-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Probably we should ask the Mayor - maybe she is into bigtime house cleaning on January 6th..............

I will ask........

petlover
01-06-2004, 01:40 PM
I have noticed that sometimes I can post up to 3 or 4 posts, and my post number will stay the same.:confused: I watched it when I was posting a lot in the Nonsense thread. It wouldn't move up until about the 5th post. Hmmm, I have been wondering about that.:p

gini
01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Or......it could be the "ghost" of PET TALK.............

DUM DE DUM DUM..............(only the Shadow knows for sure).

Karen
01-06-2004, 01:49 PM
We have no control over individual users deciding to delete threads they started. I have not deleted any whole threads today. If I were going to delete a thread of yours, I would tell you.

Only moderators (Paul and I) and whoever started each individual thread have the power to delete a thread.

amoore
01-06-2004, 01:53 PM
It really could be someone that got mad at Pet Talk. I don't know. I hope not.

I just don't want it to be something I did wrong. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings. Hope they tell me if I do. I hope I didn't write somthing that would be considered ugly either. That what worrys me about the whole thing.:o

trayi52
01-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Ann you couldn't say anything ugly, I haven't seen you say anything ugly anyway.

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Now I think it happened to me! I wonder if it is the power of suggestion, because I don't look at the count all the time, but I glanced and I too thought it was lower........WEIRD!!!!!!!!!

Cataholic
01-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Every once in awhile, someone gets a hair out of place, and does this. Then, someone posts something about it, and the person says something like, "What? They were 'my' threads. I can delete them if I want to."

catland
01-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Every once in awhile, someone gets a hair out of place, and does this. Then, someone posts something about it, and the person says something like, "What? They were 'my' threads. I can delete them if I want to."

Well, they were threads that I took the time to respond to, so they must have been good ones.;)

gini
01-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Ha, I agree - they must have been really good threads if all of us posted on them - and now we are losing the count.

Oh well, guess I will just have to talk more about Rascal, Annie and Emma and build the count back up.

However, I just noticed that I started this thread and have posted on it several more times - and all of my posts read 3569......in other words my post count has not increased.

amoore
01-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I just don't know many threads, that I would post that many on. Could it be several that got deleted?

I would not have noticed if Mahayana hadn't ask me last night how many I have. Atleast I would not have had an idea how many.

Cookiebaker
01-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Yup! Me, too!

I had like 4550 (or thereabouts) and am now at 4483. :eek: :(

mugsy
01-06-2004, 04:25 PM
I didn't think I had, but, it seems that I have....I know it must be about 20 posts or so since yesterday...not that it matters, but it is curious.

Kfamr
01-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Nope. Nope lost posts here, atleast I haven't noticed.

I don't know whya it would matter though.

Johanna, if people didn't have the right to delete the threads they create, the option wouldn't be there. :) :) That's right, this means they can delete them if they want to.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-06-2004, 04:38 PM
I haven't noticed.
I wouldn't care if i did, I just like being here. :)

bluekat
01-06-2004, 04:45 PM
hmm, that's weird:confused: Its happening to so many people too. I think yesterday I had about 2850, and now I'm down to 2820.:p

rg_girlca
01-06-2004, 04:46 PM
This is weird, cause Gini, I see your first post count at 3571 and your 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th post are still at 3571.

smokey the elder
01-06-2004, 04:51 PM
The amazing vanishing posts! I've been shedding virtual particles, too. I know I was over 1300 yesterday. I hope we're not being hacked.

Kfamr
01-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
This is weird, cause Gini, I see your first post count at 3571 and your 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th post are still at 3571.

The post count for all posts changes each post, and appears the same in all posts. The post count is a count of ALL of the posts total, not the specific post. If you get what i'm saying.

If you don't, Well lets just say Gini was new. She posts once, so her post count says "1". She posts again, a few minutes later, in both posts it would say "2" or that she has 2 posts total.

Moose
01-06-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't want to be rude or anything like that, but uh...why does it really matter? I mean, yeah...people like to know their post count, I guess...but it's just a number. :confused:

bluekat
01-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Moose
I don't want to be rude or anything like that, but uh...why does it really matter? I mean, yeah...people like to know their post count, I guess...but it's just a number. :confused:

I don't really care either, but I just think its weird, since its happening to so many of us too.:p

Moose
01-06-2004, 05:00 PM
True, true. :p

gini
01-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Oh my, who said THAT IT MATTERED???

It does not matter - however, I noticed that the number of my posts had gone down dramatically and I wondered why.......and if there was a problem.

Let's not make this thread a problem............PLEASE!!

amoore
01-06-2004, 05:24 PM
I don't think the number maters to any of us. I'm just wondering, if I did somthing wrong. If somone got mad about somthing.:confused:

Moose
01-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Okay, whoa gini...settle down. :confused: I never said anything that would even have the slightest intention of "starting something." I was simply asking why it mattered. Jeez, relax. :eek::eek:

Karen
01-06-2004, 05:32 PM
I bet it wasn't anyone mad or anything, some people just like to clean up their lives - real and electronic, and may have decided to delete old posts/threads or something.

This is not a trait that runs in my mother's side of the family, but Dad is a "neatener and disposer of junk" and so I recognize the ability. He's an engineer, but after retiring, went to work for my uncle (my mom's brother) essentially throwing things away. It is as useful in business as it is in one's home! ;)

Miss Meow
01-06-2004, 05:53 PM
I think I was at about 3,640 or more, so I've lost more than 20 posts. Interesting.

HoRsELUvR
01-06-2004, 06:27 PM
I think I lost at least 15 posts.

mahayana
01-06-2004, 06:37 PM
There is something strange at Dog House. My user cp shows 478 threads in Doghouse, but there are only two pages (59 threads) listed there. Were threads 60-478 hidden from everyone?

My posts were not deleted, but a lot are only accessible through my profile, view all posts.

What is the deal with Doghouse? Is there a reason for this? It has to be board policy.

mugsy
01-06-2004, 06:49 PM
mahayana, if you look at the bottom right corner, you can choose to go back to the beginning of the forum and there are more threads. Usually, it only goes back 30 days. If you go to Dog House and choose "from the beginning" it will show 13 pages of threads instead of 3.

mugsy
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
hmmmm...if I do a search for all my posts it says I have 6118 and the counter shows i have 6107....interesting....I love a good mystery!! lol

mahayana
01-06-2004, 07:03 PM
You are right, Mugsy. It is not Doghouse. I'll go with individual or individuals unknown, deleting threads they started but don't like anymore.

As far as your two different numbers, it may just take awhile for the program to subtract the deleted ones from everybody affected.

trayi52
01-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Yippee we got the detectives on it, they will sniff out the problem in no time!!! Mahayana and mugsy!!;) :D , you two hurry up and solve the msytery!!;)

Willie

amoore
01-06-2004, 07:37 PM
I can't help myself, It bugs me. I just can't help it. If I lose something, I keep looking until I find it! Where did I leave that darn post, I just had it a minute ago!!!!:confused: :rolleyes:

mugsy
01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Yippee we got the detectives on it, they will sniff out the problem in no time!!! Mahayana and mugsy!!;) :D , you two hurry up and solve the msytery!!;)

Willie

How did I get elected??? lol I did all I knew how to do anything.

trayi52
01-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Mugsy for president!!! Vote Mugsy!!

mugsy
01-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Mugsy for president!!! Vote Mugsy!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

trayi52
01-06-2004, 07:53 PM
:D :D ;) ;) :p

Karen
01-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
hmmmm...if I do a search for all my posts it says I have 6118 and the counter shows i have 6107....interesting....I love a good mystery!! lol

The BBS software can be buggy and is not always exact. There are a couple minor upgrades we could make, but they are working on a major upgrade. We only upgrade the software when the upgrade is proven to be an improvement.

I think we can call off the beagles (the best sniffers I know are beaglies!)

mugsy
01-06-2004, 08:55 PM
I'll call Billy off the job!;)

trayi52
01-06-2004, 09:26 PM
No Beagles? No sniffers?;) :confused:

Uabassoon
01-06-2004, 09:31 PM
I lost a few too, on my profile is says I have 4426. But on the boards it shows that I have 4407.

Barbara
01-11-2004, 03:23 PM
It's strange - I lost more than 100. I just thought today I'll soon have 4000 and then I remembered I had that already.

Dogz
01-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I lost a few too, on my profile is says I have 4426. But on the boards it shows that I have 4407.

Weird.:eek:

I haven't noticed anything...

primabella
01-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Lol it's just annoying me because I don't think I'm ever going to reach 6000 posts :p ;) Not that it matters or anything but this stupid 5800 is just teasing me! :p

bluekat
01-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Lol it's just annoying me because I don't think I'm ever going to reach 6000 posts :p ;) Not that it matters or anything but this stupid 5800 is just teasing me! :p

LOL, I've been in the 2000s for so long!:p

Cataholic
01-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Well, until I am told otherwise (by Karen or Paul, having figured out it was the software) I am going with my original post. AND, if I was a betting woman, I would bet on just who I know it is! Trying to clean up 'their' life is right, I suppose...elminating all the threads where the trash went on....I just know it.

Kfamr
01-11-2004, 06:23 PM
(We need a laughing icon)

I'm sure you would have your money on me, Huh Johanna?

You're wrong, if that's what you're thinking. ;)

Cataholic
01-11-2004, 06:35 PM
I knew it was too good to be true, you being gone. Darn it. I have tried ignoring you, tried, and yet you still single me out in your posts. What else can I do? Please leave me alone. Please. You make me ill, very very ill.

Kfamr
01-11-2004, 06:37 PM
I never knew I did anything wrong in my post here, lol, I'm sorry if it seems to you I did. Eh... Feelings are mutual.

Cataholic
01-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Please leave me alone. Please. I can't tolerate you any longer. Please. Please. Please. Leave again. I never knew such peaceful days here on PT. Please leave.

mugsy
01-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Does it honestly matter in the grand scheme of things? I don't like it when there's fighting. There are people on here that I would avoid like the plague (and DO) by putting them on my ignore list. And I know that a dear friend of mine on here thinks that 2 of those people are just the greatest thing since sliced bread. And there are people who that person abhors that I truly enjoy. My point is that everyone has their unique personalities and little quirks, so, if someone doesn't like someone, why don't you just put them on your ignore list and move on? I have found that I enjoy the forum much more since I have done that....it keeps my blood pressure low! lol

LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Kfamr
01-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Please. Please. Please. Leave again. I never knew such peaceful days here on PT. Please leave.

No, sorry, I like it too much on PT - and many people asked me to come back. :)

Please, lets not make this thread into something it's not. Please, please.

Kfamr
01-11-2004, 06:42 PM
I don't like it when there's fighting.
LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Me neither, and I love you too Molly! :D

Cataholic
01-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Does it honestly matter in the grand scheme of things? I don't like it when there's fighting. There are people on here that I would avoid like the plague (and DO) by putting them on my ignore list. And I know that a dear friend of mine on here thinks that 2 of those people are just the greatest thing since sliced bread. And there are people who that person abhors that I truly enjoy. My point is that everyone has their unique personalities and little quirks, so, if someone doesn't like someone, why don't you just put them on your ignore list and move on? I have found that I enjoy the forum much more since I have done that....it keeps my blood pressure low! lol

LOVE YOU GUYS!!

If you look, Molly, you will notice that this psycho child 'usually' manages to post immediately after me...hmmm...coincidence? I think not. So, I think to myself, "bring it on, psycho child, bring it on..." as I sit here and drink my wine (oohhh drinking is OK in my house) and laugh.

Kfamr
01-11-2004, 06:47 PM
If you look, Molly, you will notice that this psycho child 'usually' manages to post immediately after me...hmmm...coincidence? I think not. So, I think to myself, "bring it on, psycho child, bring it on..." as I sit here and drink my wine (oohhh drinking is OK in my house) and laugh.

Psycho child?
:eek:

mugsy
01-11-2004, 06:52 PM
I still say that if you 2 don't like each other, put the other on your ignore list. Just a thought. I swear, it helps your mood. And, I'm old and cranky and dont' especially like the arguments on open forum. I don't mean to be nasty, just making an observation.

CamCamPup33
01-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Guys! Come on, no calling anyone physco child, no arguing! We just ended a whole bunch of fights awhile back, like Molly said, just put eachother on your ignore lists, and it will all be easier.. :)

Erm, I dont think im helping this situation, but its worth a try..

Johanna- What kind of Wine? ;) :p

moosmom
01-11-2004, 07:53 PM
I still say that if you 2 don't like each other, put the other on your ignore list.

Molly couldn't have said it better.

GROW UP, BOTH OF YOU!!!

shais_mom
01-11-2004, 10:47 PM
whoa

I haven't paid attention to my numbers. Might start now tho!

wolf_Q
01-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Honestly, if you hate somebody THAT bad...hmmm...that's what the IGNORE option is for.

Either that, or argue it out in pms. This is just childish.

amoore
01-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey you sweet people! let us not not fight you are all too sweet!Let sipoweitz give each a kiss! He is a prince! http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pb167f863a71eb8b225e8f5aeccd8663a/fa2818d6.jpg

NoahsMommy
01-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Wow....a lot of mine are gone too! I "celebrated" my 6000th post around the second week of December and now I have 5869....that's a lot that are gone. I bet I was quite talkative in the threads deleted. I wonder which one's they were?

amoore
01-12-2004, 01:27 AM
I would like to know too. I would like to know because it bothers me alot. Not the number, but that I took time to say somthing from my heart,. And now It don't mater! Did I do somthing wrong or my words was dished? What ever it was it makes me feel weird. I do not want people to fight over deleted post. I would rather see " I love you guys", instead of fussing.

Cataholic
01-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33

Johanna- What kind of Wine? ;) :p

I used to drink ONLY white...only. Then, I discovered reds...not dry reds..but, like cab-merlots...prolly my fave. I love red wine!

Dogz
01-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Now that I think of it, there was that one time when Pet Talk was down. It said that Pet Talk was being 'cleaned up'. Some of the older posts may have been deleted. Just a thought..

catland
01-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Now this is interesting. Spencerthelion, who left PT with 4000+ posts is now listed with just 300+ posts.

Casper and Kitty have vanishied all together. Their posts still exist, but they are now called "Former User" with 0 posts.

How's that for detective work.:D

Karen
01-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Okay folks, here's the lowdown.

"Casper and Kitty" has left. That is why their posts say "Former User."

"Lut" deleted many of her posts, which is when the numbers went down for a lot of people. If she had started a thread and then deleted it, all the posts within that thread get deleted, too.

Lut has now left Pet Talk. She requested that we delete her as a user, and we have done so.

Spencerthelion was banned. He is gone from Pet Talk. His post count should be of no concern.

That explains, for the most part, the decline in the number of posts by people. But the post counts are not always accurate anyway, so people shouldn;t fret one way or the other.

If I ever delete a thread you started, I will contact you.

No one should ever ask another to leave Pet Talk. No one should another mean names. The membership here is up to Paul and I, and if you have concerns about someone, you should contact one of us privately. A number of you have done so, we have quickly rid the board of trolls in several instances thanks to quick PMs from some of you. Thanks.

Be nice.

Be nice.

Be nice.

We respect you all for who you are, and hope you can treat each other with respect as well. We are all here because we love animals. That gives us more in common with each other than with most "other" people in the world - that's a good thing!

catland
01-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Joxer says - enough of this bickering - lets get back to being friends.:cool: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p2b68b6eb492fa0eb3d6d0a13a9e64b29/fc5ef83f.jpg

Cataholic
01-12-2004, 01:19 PM
OK>>>I am DONE being mean for at least 90 days. I hereby give everyone the right to call me on it (like you don't already).

Moving on to other topics...why did we lose Lut and Casper and Kitty? What happened? And, don't say it was all my fault, either. :)

And, tell Joxer to come on over here a little closer to tell me that! I am not scared of Joxer AT ALL...ok...maybe I am a little...he looks kinda mean there.

trayi52
01-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Joxer looks like he is preaching a sermon, and getting really loud with it!!

I think we all best do what Joxer says! He looks pretty powerful to me. :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p2b68b6eb492fa0eb3d6d0a13a9e64b29/fc5ef83f.jpg

Miss Meow
01-12-2004, 02:27 PM
bump

Does anyone know what happened to Lut? :( :( :(

Barbara
01-12-2004, 02:29 PM
I can't help but feeling shocked.

Last year, Lut's cats had opened a hotel and most of us had fun there. I considered them to be close friends to my cats.

She took part in the Christmas card exchange.

I even created a second identity for me so that Inka could answer when her mom didn't know where she was (our kitties were travelling so much...).

She was a member we all loved and cared for.

I just can't understand.

Sorry for sounding mixed up.

Edwina's Secretary
01-12-2004, 02:56 PM
I too am shocked. I was so fond of Lut...and Niina too. I had even thought of surprising her last year when she was going to go to California. I don't know what to think!

Karen
01-12-2004, 03:01 PM
I am PMing people with Lut's explanation, inquire that way if you want.

bluekat
01-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I didn't know Lut and Niina left!:( I'm really shocked too...:(

Karen- could you pm her explanation to me too if you could? I would like to know what happened:(

Felicia's Mom
01-12-2004, 08:03 PM
I too am shocked that Lut left Pet Talk. Karen, would you PM me with a reason why this happened?

RubyMutt
01-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Karen, if you wouldn't mind, will you PM me as well? I had noticed that Lut hadn't posted in awhile, but didn't know she left completely. This really saddens me, she's such a kind person :(

Kfamr
01-12-2004, 08:11 PM
I want to know what happened to Lut, as well as Niina. They were both very big members of our community. I don't travel to the cat said as often, but I do every now and then. I may have missed a few things that happened. :(

Karen, could you fill me in by PM or E-mail? Thanks.

trayi52
01-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Well I have been wondering about that myself. I wish she hadn't have left. If possible please pm me and let me know too.

I always enjoyed all her posts, I am not worried about my post. That doesn't bother me in the least, as I never look at them anyway.

I do, however notice and feel the loss of a good member leaving, or just taking a break.

Willie

amoore
01-12-2004, 10:10 PM
I hope she is ok. Sorry that she left. We will miss her.:(