PDA

View Full Version : Please Help(Need info for a friend)

DogLover9501
01-05-2004, 10:50 PM
My friend has a 9 year old Siamese cat named Teddy, and hes had a little lump on his back for about 8 months, its not attacted(she can move it, and pull up on it) its hurts him to touch it, what could it be?

kimlovescats
01-05-2004, 10:53 PM
It could be a tumor.... I would tell her to take him to the vet asap!

Good luck!

DogLover9501
01-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks, any more suggestions?

micki76
01-05-2004, 11:58 PM
It could be a lipoma or it could be something more serious. She needs to see the vet to determine the severity of the tumor.

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2004, 12:09 AM
I agree that the cat should be seen by a vet asap. It could be a reaction to a vaccine that was given which could be cancerous. It could also be a fatty tumor which would be harmless. Your friend shouldn't just ignore this but should take the cat to the vet for a check up and possible tests. Good luck and please keep us updated.

cutie_chica
01-06-2004, 12:27 AM
I would tell her to take the kitty to the vet, it could just be something simple, but then again, it could be serious.

jazzcat
01-06-2004, 01:00 AM
Definitely tell your friend to take her cat to the vet.

My dog Disney has a couple of those but hers do not hurt to touch. My vet said this summer they are benign cysts but he has me watching closely for any changes in them and if so they will do a biopsy. One thing he said to watch for is if she has any pain related to them so that must be a sign it coud be more. She has had several benign skin cysts removed over the years so I think that is why the vet is being so relaxed about these.

CatDad
01-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Ok, one more post of, take the kitty to the vet as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, it could be any of a number of things and a vet is the only one who will really be able to tell your friend what needs to be done.

gini
01-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Yes, there is no sense in anyone trying to "guess" what this might be. It is important that she take her cat to the vets and have a professional look at this lump.

My hope is that it is absolutely nothing. Please keep us posted.

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 09:05 AM
I am sorry that this is not something we can diagnose. Even seeing the cat in person would not help, only a vet can tell whether this is a bad lump or not. There are MANY things it could be and not all of them are bad news. But at 9 years old, which is fairly young, please don't take chances. I am sure your friend would be very distressed to find out it was easily cured but she waited too long to have something done to help her kitty. I think the key here is the fact that the lump is painful. Advise her to see a vet. Please.