PDA

View Full Version : Boot is BACK TO STAY!!!!

kimlovescats
01-05-2004, 10:48 PM
It's a long story, but I found out that Boots was not being cared for in the way I had been led to believe he would be. I found out that he was in an outdoor pen even in this winter weather!!! He was getting no socialization at all either! If you remember, Boots was a feral that I took in as a 8 month or so old kitten. He had come a long way, and was finally used to being indoors, which was what I had intended for him!!!

Well, anyways, he was scared at first, but it didn't take him long at all to remember my home, and now he is HOME TO STAY!!!

http://www.kimscats.com/Boots1.05.04.jpg

http://www.kimscats.com/BootsGlowingEyes.jpg

http://www.kimscats.com/Pets1.05.04_101.jpg

aly
01-05-2004, 11:33 PM
GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! An outside pen ???????????????????? How HORRIBLE! Thank goodness you found out and he is back under your wonderful care. What a heartbreaking story, but at least it has a great ending! Boots is a cutie and I just love that spot on his nose :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm so glad that you were able to bring him back to your home so that he can receive the proper care he deserves.:) He's such a cutie pie.:D

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 05:08 AM
It is so frustrating that even with our best efforts, not every one will take care of their pets as they lead you to believe. I am so mad at Boots' so called new parents for not simply returning him if they decided he was too much trouble. OUTSIDE!! How awful! But I am so very glad that he is back home, safe and sound!

catcrazylady
01-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Poor HANDSOME Boots!! What a shame to be treated that way! No kitty should be cold!!!!
If I am reading this correctly then you should never have to worry about that again!! I believe that is what the BACK TO STAY means. I'm glad that you will be loved again!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

K & L
01-06-2004, 07:38 AM
You're a dear and I'm glad Boots is back where he belongs!

ramanth
01-06-2004, 08:34 AM
So happy to hear that Boots is back in your care! :)

An outdoor pen... outragous! :mad:

Cataholic
01-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Kim,
Please give Boots an extra hours of loving from me!

catnapper
01-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Why do people get pets if they're going to put them outside like that? I know many of us here go to the extremes of loving our pets to the point of worship, but isn't that the way it should be? At least he now has a good forever home an has settled back in so nicely!

catlover4ever
01-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Welcome back home Boots. Living outside in a outdoor pen was no "good life" for you. I'm so very happy that you are back where you will get the love and attention that you deserve.

moosmom
01-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Kim,

I just don't understand some people (see my sig about STUPID PEOPLE :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ) Why in the WORLD have a pet if you're just gonna put it outside in a pen.

Poor little Boots! I'm glad that he's back with you where he belongs. Everyday I look at LilEli (semi-feral) and thank my lucky stars that he's in my life. Every once in a while I'll catch him laying in the kitty tree looking out the window at the snow and shutter to think I might never have found him after he fell out my window.

Aren't they the best?????

Give Boots a smoochie from me. You did the right thing.

catmandu
01-06-2004, 09:25 AM
I cant understand why , if they wanted Boots , why they didnt care for him ,. But the found Cats thank you , for taking him home , where he belongs! Found Cats Meeeow for Boots , and his Home , Sweet Home!

CatDad
01-06-2004, 09:40 AM
One more GRRRRRR at the other people.

I am so happy to hear that you found out and that Boots is back in your home where he will be cared for and loved.:) At least the story has a happy ending.

Give him a few extra scratches for me.:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Welcome home, Boots. You'll get all the love and attention you can handle here!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2004, 10:15 AM
How sad that after all you did to bring him around, and then they treat him like that. No wonder he was scared at first. I'm so glad you found out about his mistreatment and took him back. I'm so sorry he had to experience the bad side of humans, but now at least he'll never know that side of us again.

Please give him extra hugs and smoochies for me for quickly warming up to you again. He's a cutie. :)

rg_girlca
01-06-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't care how you found out Kim, but I'm sure glad you did.
Poor, poor Boots...He must have been wondering what he did to deserve that. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: All I can say is, "Racken, tracken, fracken people."

What a sweetie. Bless you Kim for taking him back and making sure he will never have to go through anything like that again. It's good to know that he will only know nothing but love, warmth and constant happiness for the rest of his life.

jazzcat
01-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Poor Boots, I'm so glad he is back with you.

I just don't understand people. Why take him if they're just going to stick him in a outside pen. Sounds like a few other ignorant people I know.

I wished we could brand people like that with a big NP for NO Pets!