PDA

View Full Version : My sister!! Arg!! (rant)

micki76
01-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Does anyone else have adult siblings that they want to strangle? I swear, My sister is a 5 year old residing in the body of a 44 year old!!! ARGGGG!

She has to move, and knowing full well that she has to get out of the house, she had her hysterectomy last Monday. I know she needed the surgery, but it truly wasn’t an emergency. She had a fibroid that’s been growing for over a year and suddenly she has to have it out, NOW. There was really no huge hurry. She put it off cause she didn’t want it to interfere with certain things that SHE planned. Like the kids summer vacation. And then it was back to school time and she was too busy. Then it was her son’s birthday and then Christmas. :rolleyes:

Don’t get me wrong, I know it needed to be done, but it could have waited another 2 friggin’ weeks. :mad:

So guess who gets to do all the hard work for her?!?

YES, ME. :mad: She can’t lift anything over 10 lbs.

Sorry for the rant, and thanks for listening. :)

Miss Meow
01-06-2004, 05:26 PM
You could chop all her furniture into 10lb pieces, so she could do some of the lifting ... ;) :D

amoore
01-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Has she got any money? Hire her some help with her money.:D

micki76
01-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
You could chop all her furniture into 10lb pieces, so she could do some of the lifting ... ;) :D

LMAO! I might jus do that, Nicole! :D

amoore
01-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I know, You could say you can't lift heavy objects, either. :D

cutie_chica
01-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Im sorry you have to do all of that, just think of ways, she can "help" you out when she is healed!;) :D

Tonya
01-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

LMAO! Brilliant!

If it was my sister, I'd do it...but boy would I remember. I'd probably say something like "Wow, you are going to be cleaning my house for months after this one." She'd laugh and I'd go "No, really."

We had a friend like that. To top it all off, when we arrived at her house that morning, she hadn't even packed yet! Her entire house was just as it was before she knew she was going to move. She said "Oh, we're just going to pack as we load the truck." In the meantime, we had to tiptoe because her 19 and 20 year old sons were sleeping and she didn't want to wake them. Her new place was an hour and a half away, and we were cramming a 4 bedroom house worth of stuff into a 2 bedroom apartment. She didn't even feed us. lol.

I bit my tongue because that's the kind of person I am when it comes to friends. But boy, my husband said it all. He let her know what he thought.

She just called me a few weeks ago and said that she's losing her apartment. Great. After all that work.

Edwina's Secretary
01-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Just the other day I said to my husband that in my next life I'm going to be little and cute instead of big and strong so people will help me carry things. We were visiting friends in Miami over the New Year and she is a cute, dainty little thing. She and I went furniture shopping for their new place. I, of course, carried the things we bought from the car, rearranged the furniture, etc.

(An aside....we were in the checkout line and I asked if she would get me a bottle of water. She said sure, but would I hold it as it was cold....argh!)

I have a sister who is petite. She and I would vacation together. Men would come runing to help her carry the littlest thing as I struggled along behind toting bags!

At least I can take care of myself! :D :D

Tonya
01-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I hear you, Edwina...I'm 5'9 and fluctuate between 160-180 lbs, so I'm a pretty big girl...My neighbor caught me lecturing my husband not to long ago because Mike was trying to make me help him carry all of our furniture into the garage. It went something like this "You are forgetting that I am not a freakin man! You carry it!" lol