PDA

View Full Version : its c-c-c-c-cold brrrrrr

cali
01-05-2004, 09:06 PM
it is to friggen COLD here! this morning I had to walk to school and I froz to death my lips went blue and my hair froze, and I only walk across the street! turns out it was MINUS 50*C with the windchill, and wind chill warnings! no small wonder I froze! I cant believe how cold it is here yesterday at flyball happy had to be out in the van for a few minuts(not enugh kennels) when I wnet to get her out after shifting dogs aroun din kennels so she could double with someone her whiskers had turned white. in my room last night Ripley always sleeps under my covers, misty sometimes does, but last night HAPPY did, in her 3 years she has NEVER slept under the covers!! :eek: sorry poitless post, just venting about how its to darn COLD

green_chameleon_girl
01-05-2004, 09:09 PM
ya its FREEZING here to but there is big white fluffy snowflakes so I guess its worth it:D

Corinna
01-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Montana reporting in at 9AM it was -26 degrees fairinhight. Our high today was -5 tomorrow expect a high of 4 Yahoo get the barbie and shrimp ready. We have 3ft of snow.

slick
01-05-2004, 09:22 PM
For the past 2 days it's been -9 at night and up to -3 during the day and believe me for us West Coast people, that's really really cold. Weather is supposed to warm up overnight and tomorrow we get a huge dump of snow - 20 cm and 30 cm in the valley.

Best leave my car home and take the bus to work tomorrow. Brrrrr.

G.P.girl
01-05-2004, 09:32 PM
SO cold!! brrrrr my think my toes got frostbitten while i walked a block to the bus stop! it's upposed to snow here tonight! that means no school tomarrow. sssshhh....can't say it out loud or it won't happen. so cross your fingers for snow north of seattle. please?:D :cool:

wolfsoul
01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah, it's cold here too! :( Down to -38 in one of the higher parts of Kelowna.

green_chameleon_girl
01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
*fingers crossed* I hope atleast you can have a snow day!:D We are used to all this snow;)

green_chameleon_girl
01-05-2004, 09:34 PM
I thnk its going down to minus 27 by Friday:eek: lotsa cold weather!!

dukedogsmom
01-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Ok, I wouldn't want it to be that cold here but I'm going to gripe too. It was 85 degrees today! How depressing that is to know it's January and we still haven't gotten cooler weather other than for a couple of days. It starts getting sweltering here about April so I need a break! Can't wait to get to Maryland Thursday!!

G.P.girl
01-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
*fingers crossed* I hope atleast you can have a snow day!:D We are used to all this snow;)
*snort* i'm used to 3 feet of snow adn still having to go to school. but here it seems like whenever it snows even the tiniest bit they get all freaked out adn everything shuts down:rolleyes: ;) but i might as well take advantage of it while i can:) :D

green_chameleon_girl
01-05-2004, 09:51 PM
hahah ya;)

G.P.girl
01-05-2004, 09:51 PM
how does my rexy deal with the cold? he can still tell it's cold outside can't he? is he still single?i still hold up hope of marrying some day:D

cali
01-05-2004, 09:53 PM
I noticed that lol, it snows just a bit the ground is not even coverd and all of a sudden they are "snowed in" :rolleyes: sorry but snowed in is when the snow is piled so high you cant open your door. :p

green_chameleon_girl
01-05-2004, 09:54 PM
HAHA we have extra heating lamps for the winter because I found his aqaurium temperature was dropping so he is all set for the winter lol. HA HA HA marry him?

G.P.girl
01-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by cali
I noticed that lol, it snows just a bit the ground is not even coverd and all of a sudden they are "snowed in" :rolleyes: sorry but snowed in is when the snow is piled so high you cant open your door. :p
where in seattle? yeah:rolleyes: snow storm is where snow is falling faster than youcan shovel it. that by the time you are done youcan't even tell you did anything in the first place;)

HAHA we have extra heating lamps for the winter because I found his aqaurium temperature was dropping so he is all set for the winter lol. HA HA HA marry him?
yep! he's so cute!!!!!

wolfsoul
01-05-2004, 10:07 PM
We have snow, but not enough snow. :( Global warming is taking it's toll. Last year we had 12 feet of snow, now we only have four. We are down I believe 365 trillion gallons of water in the lake. We need rain and snow because our water supply is getting so low. I hate snow though, so hopefully it will be rain.

G.P.girl
01-06-2004, 01:18 PM
*fingers crossed* I hope atleast you can have a snow day!:D
Whoooo! no schoolie for me today!:p hahaahahahahahaha! TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!!!!FALAFALAFLALLLLLLLAaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha just kidding be jolly;)

mugsy
01-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Montana reporting in at 9AM it was -26 degrees fairinhight. Our high today was -5 tomorrow expect a high of 4 Yahoo get the barbie and shrimp ready. We have 3ft of snow.

Now THAT sounds fun!! I LOVE cold weather. Sorry Floridians....I would be miserable with 85...YUCK!

I want 3 feet of snow...not fair!

It's 10 here right now. It got down to -4 last night.

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 02:13 PM
OK, admitedly it is not THAT cold here, but it is TOO cold for me!!! BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tonya
01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
OMG! I was about to give advice on staying warm, since I work outside...then I caught the temp you all were saying! I was going to whine and say "Yeah, it's so cold here too, it was 29 degrees F yesterday."

I so don't envy you at all. It at least heats back up to 50-60F most days.

Here, at my job, it's 30 degrees in the morning, and I wear Nylons, thermals, jeans, a sweatshirt, vest, and a jacket. Plus my beanie. I couldn't imagine where you all are!

primabella
01-06-2004, 02:57 PM
It's freezing over here too. I'm not sure of the temperatures but it must be around -15C and with the wind is only worse. There's also ice everywhere but it's covered with snow so it's so hard to walk without expecting to fall! :p

Jordan, you're so right about global warming. It's so scary to even think about. :(

Mario9012
01-06-2004, 03:09 PM
It's cold in Vancouver, too.

Desert Arabian
01-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Well, here in good ol' Wisconsin it is -4F with a windchill of -25F. Tomorrow it is supposed to be even worse. :rolleyes: And to make it even worse, we have hardly any snow. :mad: Only about 5 inches....I wish it was 2000 again...that's when we had 49.5 inches of snow in our yard!!! :D :D :p

ramanth
01-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Our first snowfall of the year was this past Sunday. The temps dropped and it just started snowing. We only have about 3 inches or so on the ground, but it keeps snowing on and off so it'll slowly add up. I like the snow. Just not the frigid temps.

It's currently 9F (-13C) with a windchill of -10F (-23C). When it gets dark (which is about 6 p.m.) the temps REALLY plummit. (Making walks with Kia REAL fun) ;) :rolleyes: *laughs*

I pretty much do the "I'm gonna freeze to death" dance while Kia tries to decide where she wants to poop. :D :p

If it was 32F with no wind, it'd be bearable. I sure wouldn't want to live in the UP, upper WI, or Fargo during this time of year. :D

wolfsoul
01-06-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm sitting in the library freezing my butt off! :eek: Must be atleast -15 out there, and there's no heat in the school! :eek: We don't even have hot water!

green_chameleon_girl
01-06-2004, 03:40 PM
**G.P.girl** NO SCHOOL!? we have like 10 centimeters haha how many centimeters do you have??

tikeyas_mom
01-06-2004, 03:45 PM
omg i know how you feel cali. it was minus 24 yesterday here in mid day!!! :eek: it was horrid. at night it gets to minue 50!!! :eek:. up at "big white" ski hill it is minus 60!! :eek: they shut down the whole mountian because of the cold weather.

soooo cold that your spit freezes befor it hits the ground!!!! :eek:

Tonya
01-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Everyone come live with me in California! :D It's nice and warm here compared to what you are saying. lol.

Cincy'sMom
01-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Our first snowfall of the year was this past Sunday. The temps dropped and it just started snowing. We only have about 3 inches or so on the ground, but it keeps snowing on and off so it'll slowly add up. I like the snow. Just not the frigid temps.

It's currently 9F (-13C) with a windchill of -10F (-23C). When it gets dark (which is about 6 p.m.) the temps REALLY plummit. (Making walks with Kia REAL fun) ;) :rolleyes: *laughs*

I pretty much do the "I'm gonna freeze to death" dance while Kia tries to decide where she wants to poop. :D :p

If it was 32F with no wind, it'd be bearable. I sure wouldn't want to live in the UP, upper WI, or Fargo during this time of year. :D

Same temps here :) I decedied as I going to start walking Cincy everyday to try and get some weight off her. I set the date at Jan 5 :) The 4th we got 4 inches of snow (and yes, I walked her yesterday) but today with the -10 wind chill it is just too colld!!! I'm so glad we have a fenced in yard, i can let them out to do their business and watch from the window!!!

G.P.girl
01-06-2004, 05:42 PM
**G.P.girl** NO SCHOOL!? we have like 10 centimeters haha how many centimeters do you have??
lol not much! maybe 6 cm..if that:rolleyes: everybody was all freaked out...i just luaghed and tried to sled:rolleyes:

green_chameleon_girl
01-06-2004, 07:10 PM
I just got back from sledding!! It was so un. There is ice ALL over the hill and its HUGE! there is a big bump at the bottem OMG its so fun but it was freeeeezing! I feel and hit my head on the ice bump but I will survive:) There was powdery snow at the bottom!! :D

Corinna
01-06-2004, 07:46 PM
It is so cold that Lady the newf doesn't want to go out . Merlin is just going out on the porch and peeing, doesn't get more than 1ft from the porch. We reached -2 today it was -28 last night. got an inch more snow today.

cloverfdx
01-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Ohhhh i love snow :D

Ok this is crazy but is the middle of Summer here (Victoria, Australia) and it was about 10 degree's today and i think we had a little bit of hail at one stage :( it is not going to warm up untill next week sometime.

ramanth
01-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I'm so glad we have a fenced in yard, i can let them out to do their business and watch from the window!!!
I envy you all with fenced in yards. :p :D

Tonya
01-07-2004, 11:09 AM
My dogs would never survive where you live...When it gets to around 20 degrees F, they go to the bathroom right on my doormat. :rolleyes:

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 11:36 AM
WhoooooHooooooo!!! no school today either!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOLY****!!!a huge chunk of snow just flew off the roof:eek: gosh! it just about gave me a heart attack!...*deep breaths* deep breathes*

Corinna
01-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Heres todays Montana report: Well it is warming up it is 3 above .and expecting 6-8 inches more snow. I'm going to try to get photos today .I have one of the photo experts home today sick. Ben has slept 18 hours stright so far really hope its not the flu , I don't need that.

EssTer
01-07-2004, 11:46 AM
huh? -50°°, itīs really COLD!!!! brrrr

Corinna
01-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Here is the Brubaker snoew trail . Lady made it for poor short Merlin

Corinna
01-07-2004, 12:20 PM
The fence is 4 ft and the posts are 6ft.

Corinna
01-07-2004, 12:21 PM
One more for good measure.

HoRsELUvR
01-07-2004, 05:14 PM
It is really cold where I am,even though it was pretty warm a few days ago, and we had flurries a few days ago, but they didn't stick.

green_chameleon_girl
01-07-2004, 05:17 PM
OMG it was like MINUS 25 HERE TODAY!! I just got back from sledding *again* lol It snowed a bit last night

Truffles
01-07-2004, 05:23 PM
hey,

i'm in south carolina and its pretty darn cold here as well todays high was 41 degrees the low night will be 20 degrees.

although it may be cold here but my hot flashes are going nuts on me i'm sweating like crazy i might taake a cold shower LOL:p

all the men heere ...................concider yourselves blessed LOL.i hate being 23 and already in menopause.oh well i'll live i suppose:rolleyes: take care and keep warm everyone;)

marylyn

green_chameleon_girl
01-07-2004, 05:24 PM
23!? Menopause alreaady WOW LOL!;)

Truffles
01-07-2004, 05:38 PM
When i heard my mouth dropped to the floor i was shocked still am and i was dx at 19:eek: life is filled w/ surprizes lol.

marylyn