PDA

View Full Version : Memorial for my RB Casper and OJ

slick
01-05-2004, 07:22 PM
You were born in 1985, brothers to be together forever. I'm sorry I was not with you when you travelled to the RB but please know that I've never forgotten you. Your soft purrs remain in my heart forever. RIP little ones, until we meet again.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pf5a001d91254be214cfac98f7e3c5f9f/fa0dc6a7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p14254baf138d0f8afd643be86f1c729f/fa0dc69f.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Awwww...Casper & OJ are adorable! So sorry they are at RB. Please tell us more of their stories....

bisi.cat
01-06-2004, 02:22 AM
They have been very handsome brothers...I hope they enjoy each others presence at RB and play hard...
RIP sweet boys...

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 04:51 AM
What handsome gentlemen! RIP at the RB.

catmandu
01-06-2004, 09:16 AM
I hear it on good authority that Caper and OJ are Cat Angels , in Good SXtanding , in The Cat Angel Army , and are having a Wonderful Time. As a matter of fact they are touring on the Queen Mary 2 , even as we speak!Found Cats salute Caper and OJ!

ramanth
01-06-2004, 10:21 AM
A wonderful tribute to some beautiful kitties. *hugs*

slick
01-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
I hear it on good authority that Caper and OJ are Cat Angels , in Good SXtanding , in The Cat Angel Army , and are having a Wonderful Time. As a matter of fact they are touring on the Queen Mary 2 , even as we speak!Found Cats salute Caper and OJ!
Gary, that brought tears to my eyes. :( Thank you and thank you everyone else who has commented. They were pretty special little kitties.

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm sorry these sweet brothers are at the RB. When did they go?

Kirsten

slick
01-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
I'm sorry these sweet brothers are at the RB. When did they go?

Kirsten
It's a long story, one that I'm still embarrassed about. In 1987 my then BF and I broke up after adopting them 2 yrs earlier. Because we were living in his sister's house, I was the one to move out on my own into an apt that did not allow pets. My %^& X-BF promised me he would look after them, after all, they were indoor/outdoor cats and the house and yard were a purrfect spot for them to stay. I did have visiting rights.

Well, a year after the breakup, I heard through one of his relatives that he suddenly gave them away without telling me. Casper went to a home close by and OJ went to a home on Vancouver Island. Casper kept running away and was never found. OJ apparently lived for some years in his new home, then I lost touch with the people because they moved and did not give me their forwarding address. I tried to find them, but eventually gave up.

Because they were born in 1985 I can only assume they are both at the RB now and in my heart I pray they have forgiven me for abandoning them. :( :(

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh, how sad, poor kitties!!! :(

But please do not feel guilty for this, you did what you thought was the best for them in that situation. I'm sure you would have been there for them in some way if you had known about your ex-bf's plans to give them up (still amazes me how irresponsible some people act!). He's the one who should feel ashamed! :(

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Slick, Thanks for telling us their story. They sure were gorgeous. RIP OJ and Casper.

Julie Grove
01-08-2004, 05:29 AM
That is a sad story but Kirsten is right - you did what was right at that time. Sometimes our choices are limited and we have to make tough decisions under difficult circumstances. I am sure they are still with you though coz they knew that you loved them.

Cataholic
01-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Slick,
They were beauties, and, as Gary said, they are together at RB. We can't always control what happens in this world.

CatDad
01-23-2004, 06:30 PM
We know that you loved them, and you had made the best choice that you could at the time. There is no shame in that.

RIP little ones, and I know that you are playing hard at the RB.

rg_girlca
01-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Casper and OJ have forgiven you Slick, as they know you had no choice in the matter. Now it's time to forgive yourself. They were beautiful cats and they knew the love you had for them. They will be waiting for you, with open paws at the Rainbow Bridge.
Til then, Rest in Peace little ones and have fun at the RB.