PDA

View Full Version : This may be our future dog!!!!

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
http://www.florencehumane.org/adopt.htm

Scroll down. If she has a hold or waiting list we are going to enquire about one of the puppies, but I would LOVE to take the mom. :D

dukedogsmom
01-05-2004, 04:15 PM
I can see why you'd want her! She's very pretty and so unique. Three colors on her and two different colored eyes. What kind of dog is she? She's cute.

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 04:18 PM
She's an Aussie/Blue Heeler mix! Fantastic dog for me to use in agility and frisbee! I am filling out an online application right now! :D First I have to see if she is good with children etc. I really want an older dog instead of a puppy, but wouldn't mind taking one of her babies either. She's beautiful!:D

K9soul
01-05-2004, 04:23 PM
What a unique and sweet looking girl. Good luck!!

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 04:29 PM
OK, application sent! :D

Tonya
01-05-2004, 04:37 PM
ooooh! She is pretty! You won't find another dog out there that looks like her. She looks unique. She looks a little Great Dane in the face to, don't ya think?

http://www.florencehumane.org/trx105b1.jpg

Tonya
01-05-2004, 04:39 PM
I like Larry because he reminds me of my RB Rosco in the eyes.

http://www.florencehumane.org/6850-a.jpg

Tonya
01-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok, one more comment then I'll shut up! Poor Jake! He's been there since 1999 when he was 9 1/2. I wish he'd find a home! He's pretty too, but it sounds like he might be a grumpy old man. lol.

Desert Arabian
01-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
She looks a little Great Dane in the face to, don't ya think?

Eh, not too much that I can see. The snout is too small, and the facial structure isn't quite that of a Dane. $0.02.

Purdy pup! I love her! Adorable!

Desert Arabian
01-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Cass, that's great!! What an adorable pup! I really hope the adoption is a sucess!! Let us know ASAP!!

:D :D :D

Tonya
01-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I guess you are right. Whatever she is, she's beautiful! I'm still trying to think what I'm seeing in the face...it's not ringing a bell.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 05:02 PM
She is beautiful! Poor baby looks so big and miserable. Has her puppies been born yet?

Hope you get what you want!

Willie

bluekat
01-05-2004, 05:05 PM
She's beautiful!:) Hope you get her or one of the pups!

CathyBogart
01-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Goodness, she's a DOLL! :D I hope you get her!

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 08:06 PM
ooooh! She is pretty! You won't find another dog out there that looks like her. She looks unique. She looks a little Great Dane in the face to, don't ya think?

I think she looks a little Great Dane too! I guess that is what some people think she may have in her. Maybe American Bulldog? I think more GD than Aussie though. GD would explain her markings. I wonder if she can hear? I would love to be able to train a deaf dog. Here in the city next to us we have a Deaf Dane rescue. If we cannot get this girl we are going to get one of their pups. :) I think the site is www.DeafDane.com maybe

lovemyshiba
01-05-2004, 08:09 PM
She is beautiful Cass!!

Good luck!!!

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
She is beautiful! Poor baby looks so big and miserable. Has her puppies been born yet?

Hope you get what you want!

Willie

Me too! :D

Those pics of her were taken today, so I am not sure. I sent my application so all I have to do is wait to hear something back from then. She wouldn't be coming here until her puppies were weaned of course, which would be in about 8 weeks, which is perfect as we will have our house by then. :)

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Ok, one more comment then I'll shut up! Poor Jake! He's been there since 1999 when he was 9 1/2. I wish he'd find a home! He's pretty too, but it sounds like he might be a grumpy old man. lol.

You know, I wanted him when I first saw him but then found out he wasn't good with children and cats. *sigh* :(

wolfsoul
01-05-2004, 09:04 PM
She's beautiful! :D What a big tummy! Must be lots of puppies in there!

Because she's a homozygous merle, you should probably check her for any ear/eye problems if/when you get her. :)

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 09:11 PM
She will be tested for deafness as she has a lot of white on her, and most dogs with a lot of white turn out to be deaf. ;)

wolfsoul
01-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Yes, most homozygous merles are deaf. :(

The catahoula leopard dog is the most common breed to be deaf. If one has a white face and atleast one blue eye, it has an 80% chance of being deaf.

I do see some American bulldog in her. I used to have an American bulldog. :)

luckies4me
01-05-2004, 09:21 PM
I don't really care if she were deaf or blind, I would still want her. :) I think training a dog hard of hearing would be fantastic! :D Plus I already know sign language. ;)

Tweety_Pie
01-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Wow SHE IS GORGEOUS! :D

I bet her pups are going to be beautiful!:) :D

Shelteez2
01-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Because she's a homozygous merle,

How do you know that just by looking at her?

shais_mom
01-05-2004, 11:38 PM

I thought so too!! Just a little bit!!
Congratulations and Good Luck she is beautiful!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
01-06-2004, 06:56 AM
She is absolutley beautiful:D You have got to love those great ears:D I have heard that the more white on the face and ear area the greater chance of being deaf But this was about boxers I am unsure if it goes for mix breeds also. Either way if you get her love her and good luck keep us posted.

stacwase
01-06-2004, 07:03 AM
I can most definitely see why you'd want her. She's georgous! Keep us updated, OK? I really hope you get her because I want to see lots of pictures of her.

Tina81
01-06-2004, 07:55 AM
She is so beautiful!! Good luck to you, I sure hope you can get her.

ramanth
01-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Best of luck! :D She's really pretty.

wolfsoul
01-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
How do you know that just by looking at her?
I should have said "predominantly white" merle. Because her markings are so dark, she may not be one, although I have seen some with relatively dark markings. Either way, her chances for hearing problems like you might see in a homozygous merle are high.

lv4dogs
01-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Poor Katie & Jake I remember them a couple years ago when I liven in Florence & Eugene. I was gonna adopt Katie but my Raustyk did not get along w/ her.

That is a very nice no kill shelter they have there. Oh my how i miss Oregon, is the job scene any better out there yet?

luckies4me
01-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
Poor Katie & Jake I remember them a couple years ago when I liven in Florence & Eugene. I was gonna adopt Katie but my Raustyk did not get along w/ her.

That is a very nice no kill shelter they have there. Oh my how i miss Oregon, is the job scene any better out there yet?

I LOVE this shelter! :D They are fantastic and the closest no kill shelter around here I believe? Too bad there aren't more of them around. :( I love Jake, he is a very beautiful dog.

It makes me sad to see so many there for such a long time, but they take fantastic care of their animals!

Yes the job scene is a lot better. In fact I am applying for a job at the UofO as an Animal Care Technician for their lab...........which means I take care of the lab animals. :)

Shelteez2
01-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I should have said "predominantly white" merle. Because her markings are so dark, she may not be one, although I have seen some with relatively dark markings.

That's why I questioned you. I don't have much experience with double merles, just what I've researched in shelties, and I've noticed that they've all been lighter :)

tikeyas_mom
01-06-2004, 10:58 PM
omg she is so pritty i cant get over how cute she is!! whata doll