PDA

View Full Version : Settling Down In Germany FINALLY *pics*

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Well, our furniture and other household goods finally arrive on December 15th after that whole mess up with the shipment! Our apartment is starting to feel like home. It is great to have my own stuff and be comfortable in my own house. I was miserable before that!

I have been sick for abour 3 weeks now. Today was the first time in that long that I felt well enough to go out and walk the Draker. We went to the nature park over the weekend, but I was feeling lousy. Doctor told me to stay indoors and avoid the outdoors as much as possible since it has been so cold outside. It was nice to be able to get out. I am still pretty congested, some our usual run was out of the question.

Andrew leaves for Iraq at the end of February. He will be there until August then his whole unit will return to Germany. So, his deployment will be a short one, thank God!

I start my job search tomorrow. I have an appointment with the employment office tomorrow on post. The lady should be able to provide me with a list of available opennings and fillings out applications. Fingers crossed that I find something I like.

Here are a few recent pictures. Enjoy!

Drake on the couch in the office.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid96/p938ba07eb88d94bf1a2791c9961f3d8f/fa1d95bb.jpg

Drake posing for the camera!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid96/pffd1f8a4d57c06a9fadb3b512c74169e/fa1d95ae.jpg

Drake and I on his bed.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p285bb495926bafaf6a1935cf58735bda/fa0e49b9.jpg

Drake and I at the nature park.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p93462747766cab4d2ce4df4131cecc32/fa0e4766.jpg

Drake is so happy to be at the park.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pf385e3b0a161d728da7226509767553b/fa0e49b3.jpg

4 Dog Mother
01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Great pictures of you and Drake. Sorry you have not been feeling well - hope you are feeling much better soon. And can take Drake for more outings.

Will be praying for both you and Andrew while he is in Iraq.

dukedogsmom
01-05-2004, 04:18 PM
I'll bet you're really glad you have your own things! Took them long enough. I've had some type of cold for about a week, too. Good luck on the job search and we'll all pray that Andrew stays safe. I know that will be rough on you both. That nature park is beautiful!

Tonya
01-05-2004, 04:48 PM
That park is beautiful. Those are great pictures. Drake looks very happy.

K9soul
01-05-2004, 05:11 PM
That nature park looks GORGEOUS :eek:

Drake looks right at home out there too! What a pretty boy. Glad to hear you're finally getting things settled too. :)

Dogz
01-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Glad that you are getting settled in, my prayers will be with Andrew.

Drakster is such a handsome, handsome dog! I just love seeing pictures of him, there has been a shortage for a while. It looks like he is having a good time outside. You and Drake look perfect together.:) Great pictures, I will be looking forward to seeing more! Thanks for sharing!:D

KYS
01-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Finally, I am so glad you got your furniture.

Sorry to hear you have been sick, A type flue has been
going around, and also some nasty colds too.
At least you are finally getting better, but don't over due
it.

Loved the pictures of you and Drake.

Good luck on your job hunting, and sending hugs to everyone.

Karen

mugsy
01-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Great pictures.....you really need to look into modeling!! And Drake, of course, is just as beautiful as ever.

anna_66
01-05-2004, 06:54 PM
I bet you were so glad to get your things there, I know I would have been.
But I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, I know just how that is:rolleyes:
I'm glad to see some new pics of you and Draker, they are great!

lovemyshiba
01-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Beautiful pictures Souraya!!!!
You and Drake look wonderful!!!!

I'm glad everything is settling down for you now, and my prayers will be with Andrew during those months he is deployed!!

I hope you feel better soon!!:)

Moose
01-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Drake looks as handsome as ever. :) I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well....get back to 100% right away! :D I'll be keeping you and Andrew in my thoughts and praying for a safe return. It's great to hear you are beginning to enjoy your "stay" in Germany. :D

Good luck with your job search! :D

Cookiebaker
01-05-2004, 09:13 PM
We really miss you guys :(

So glad to hear that you are settling in. Drake is so handsome in his pictures, as always :)

Hope you keep feeling better, and best of luck in looking for a job, Souraya!

;)

Fuzzy317
01-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Nice pictures, hope you all come home safe when the duty is finished.

ramanth
01-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeah pictures! :D So sorry you've been feeling under the weather. It's so hard to take care of a pup when he's gotta go potty but the doctor tells you to stay in. oiy. But I'm so relieved you finally got your furniture! :D

The scenery is beautiful and Drake looks like he's having a blast.

I love your matching smiles. :D I'll be thinking of you and Andrew when he heads off to Iraq. Hopefully the months will pass quickly. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Thank you for your complements. Drake and I appreciate it.

I will try to post more often. Been in a rut and can't get out of it. I was very excited to move to a different country and have been enjoying the sight seeing, but my life is on hold and I hate that. My meeting with the employment office was a waste of time. They had no listings that matched any of my qualifications. :mad: She entered my resume into the system and told me to keep checking the online listing. I know I used to complain about my old job, but at least I was in a good position and was making good money. I think that I am starting to feel home sick. I am so envious of Andrew. He is going to be in Atlanta for a whole week after he goes to Washington. I miss my brothers so much. :(

EssTer
01-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Really great photos of you and Drake :)

When I saw your signature in other thrades I thought itīs some wolf ;) :rolleyes:

Drake is very beautiful ;)

Stenograsaurus
01-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Thank you for the update. The pictures are stunning.

Hang in there, Souraya. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to start over in a strange place. I'll keep you and Andrew in my prayers.
Beth

sabies
01-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear your furniture is there and you can start really settling in. Hope you find a job soon. The pictures are great!

ramanth
01-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by EssTer
When I saw your signature in other thrades I thought itīs some wolf ;) :rolleyes:
Well Drake IS part wolf, EssTer. :D

pitc9
01-07-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm glad to hear things are okay!

I could only imagine how home sick you are!!
But hang in there!! Drake will help you get through that!!

EssTer
01-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Well Drake IS part wolf, EssTer. :D

OOps, sorry, I didnīt know :)

ChrisH
01-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
Great pictures.....you really need to look into modeling!! And Drake, of course, is just as beautiful as ever.
Seconded!!..... hey, there you are, two jobs, human modeling for you and doggy modeling for Drake! :D

Glad to hear your furniture & stuff finally arrived but sorry to hear you have been ill. Are you all better now? Hope so.

Chris

shais_mom
01-11-2004, 10:35 PM
You and Draker look beautiful!!! That nature park is awesome!!
Sorry to hear you have been under the weather!!
Good Luck on your job search. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

K9karen
01-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Souraya, you just keep getting more beautiful. I "third" the suggestion..modeling..I'm sure Andrew would be thrilled :rolleyes:
And what can I add about our Drakers? What a handsome hunk. Hey! I've seen Andrew, the whole family should model!
Hope you're feeling better..being sick sucks but it's worse when you're not "home". Good thing you finally have your own stuff. Good luck with job hunting..I'm in the same boat..ya never know what you've got til it's gone. (Except that I could never be a model, hint hint)
Keep in touch, it's great to hear from you. We miss you alot....and will be thinking good thoughts for Andrew.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Thank you for all the kinds words. Drake and I appreciate them very much.

I am feeling much better. I am finally over that nasty stuff I had. I have been bundling up extra well lately so I don't get sick again. It has been sleeting for days now. I hate it!! It stops for about an hour at night usually. And that is when I have been taking Drake for his runs. Less people and cars on the streets and makes for a more peaceful run.

Still nothing with the job search. They have a billion listing in Germany but none that I am interested in or qualified for on our base. I haven't given up. Still looking.

Andrew is out of town for 2 weeks. So, Draker and I are by our lonesome selves :( We have been trying to keep busy. I have been wanting to go to the nature park for days so Drake can play around, but it has been too wet and gross outside. This park is awesome. Acres and Acres of land with some trails on and a bunch of fields and woods. I bet it looks wonderful in the spring and summer when everything is green!

lbaker
01-12-2004, 07:04 AM
At least you & Drake have each other's warm and love to get you through these next few weeks while Andrew is away. I know you miss your brothers and family but don't ever forget we are family too and just a mouse click away. You must know how much all of us miss you guys - but especially me for my special handsome Draker :rolleyes: You know what a fool I am about the lad ;) Stay well and smile often, a smile like yours could warm the world!
Laurie

tikeyas_mom
01-12-2004, 03:50 PM
i love the pics!! they are great. the weater looks so nice!!!. Sweater weather ;). my fav!. I love drake he is so cute :p. he looks right at home. :). I am sorry about the shipment messup, i am glad everything is ok now though :).