PDA

View Full Version : Any of you "older ladies" dealing with menopause? I could use some advice!

RobiLee
01-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Well, ever since the hysterectomy I have been thrown right smack dab in the middle of menopause. My doc said it would happen but I didn't think it would happen so fast. It is the worse thing and I hate it! It started with the hot flashes and now I am starting to have really bad mood swings. It is the mood swings that are killing me now and making me think I am going insane. One doc says he doesn't think it would be a problem to start me on hormone replacement treatments and says it will make me feel like a new women. I don't know if I believe that. My other doc doesn't want to start me on them because they have a link to cancer and she says I've been there once so why tempt fate. they have put me on an antidepressant but it doesn't seem to be helping. I had a pretty bad episode Friday night and most of Saturday. It was awful and I don't even want to describe it. This is just not me. I am SO not like this. I called 2 of my doctors this morning and told them that something had to be done. I go to see my family doc at 9:30 in the morning and my gyn said she would be in contact with him. I was wondering if anyone was using any kind of HRT therapy or even a natural supplement. I could really use some advice on how you deal with all of this. I have been trying to do some research on the internet, but my brain just does not seem to be working lately. This is so embarrassing and I can't believe I'm posting this here. I'm just tired of feeling like a crazy woman. At least I know what is going on and am seeing my doctor about it. Thanks for listening!

Tonya
01-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear that you are going through that. I don't look forward to menopause at all!

Shelteez2
01-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Would you consider trying some natural remedies first? They may not work, but I don't think it would hurt to try, and save the hormone therapy as a last result?

RobiLee
01-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Yes, I would consider natural remedies. I am willing to experiments a bit just so I can find the right thing that works for me.

Tonya...that is exactly what my sister says. She is a few years younger than me and already a bit of a moody person anyway ( I hope she doesn't read this hehehe). She is in for a rough time. You never know though it could be a breeze for you and her. Keep your fingers crossed.

Robin :)

Shelteez2
01-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok I just did a quick search and some suggested were Black Cohosh
http://www.nativeremedies.com/mellowpause_for_menopause.shtml

And Soy Protein
http://www2.revivalsoy.com/whysoy/research/menopause2.lasso?-session=revivalsoy:574BFA8F081BE326C39897AC7653042 B

I think if you just went to your local pharmacy and talked to the pharmacist you could get a good idea of what to try.

This webpage gives an idea of what you can find at the pharmacy as well as some books that may be of interest.

http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/menopauseherbalremedies.html

amoore
01-05-2004, 02:52 PM
I think I am having those same syptoms you are. My friends that are taking hormone replacements don't seem to get long lasting good efects from them. So I am doing Black cohosh and I like it. There are herbal mixtures just for menopause that you can get from health food stores.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Robin, did you have a complete hysterectomy? I had a complete hysterectomy about 8 years ago. It threw me into an early menopause. It was very hard to deal with. The hotflashes, the mood swings were terrible.

I felt like I hated everybody and I mean anybody and everybody. The doctor put me on premarin, but it was such a small dose, I still experienced the mood swings and hot flashes, and the hot flashes are no fun at all. Like sticking you head down to your chest in a microwave and being cooked from the inside out!

I started taking the shots which I would get an injection once a month. I felt so much better and felt like a new person. I could always tell when my shot was due and everybody around me could tell. My son-in-law always says " hey old woman you need your bitch shot", or if I tell my husband " Jimmy, I hate you", he would rush me to the doctors office and tell them to give me a double injection.:confused: :rolleyes: , I have tried to to get them to give him one too, LOL!

They run out so often here, the doctor started giving me the premerin again, and a larger dose. The shots were the best though. I am not sure if the pills has helped my mood or not. I don't seem to hate everybody as bad!;) and not too many hot flashes.

I know what you are going through on that, it is a terrible feeling!If you need to ask me any questions about it, feel free to ask.

I don't mind sharing my experience with the getting thrown in all at once, and that is what it does, nothing gradual about it. This is just having a ton of bricks dumped on you all at one time.

Willie

ramanth
01-05-2004, 03:28 PM
I recieved an injection last year to treat my Endometriosis and the doc said it might enduce menopause and boy did it ever!! I was moody and the hot flashes were horrible. I just kinda delt with it and let everything run it's own course, but from time to time I took Primrose Oil capsules (can be found over the counter at most pharmacies/grocery stores). I found that they helped. :)

Corinna
01-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I use black cohosh and soy tablet. It is great for the hot flashes. I have been going through this since I was 29, they will not do a hystro on me I'd love it. Same symptoms but no period would be great. I still am having some periods so I take primrose during that time for the mood swings.
Please check about a synthetic hormone. Progertrone is gotten from pregnate horse urine. I don't even want to go in to the care of these horses and foals.
Talk to a natralpath or the health food store in your area.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 03:48 PM
ramanth, they gave you an injection for Endometriosis? I had that except they said it was inside the walls of my uterus. Thats why I had the hysterectomy, it was so bad that I was losing so much blood. I was in a lot of pain too. This one doctor gave me estrogen and progestrin, and it seem like it made the pain worse. Did it do you that way?

I am just happy that I don't have the pain anymore. They gave me very strong pain pills and it didn't even phase the pain. Stayed laid out on the couch all the time, couldn't go anywhere at all.

So primrose helped you? Well anyway, I had all my plumbing removed. LOL. I was happy to get rid of the pain anyway I could.;)

I guess anything natural is a lot better than something that isn't.

Gee, I wonder if men are going to read this thread.:confused: :o ;) . They going to get an earful aren't they?:D

ramanth
01-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Yep. It was the Lupron injection. Back to back birth control pills wasn't helping with the pain, so the doc decided to try Lupron.

It basically convinces the body that you are in menopause and stops your periods. Problem was, I was still having the Endo pain PLUS the menopause symptoms. ICK! :p

The Lupron is long out of my system but I still have an odd hot flash every now and then but not the crazy mood swings. I didn't know about Primrose when I was actually on the Lupron. I've only just recently started taking it and I think it helps. :) I'm back on the birth control pills.

I want to try and have children some day so I'm not ready to have the 'plumbing' removed just yet. :)

(I'm 26 btw)

micki76
01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Please anything but Premarin or anything that’s made from pregnant mare’s urine! And we wonder why it causes cancer!?!?! Ew. I actually took Premarin until I knew better. Try something over the counter, or a more plant based prescription.

About the worries of it causing cancer, and that you’ve been there once and don’t want to risk that again? I’ll gladly risk it rather than be completely miserable. I mean, we survive cancer only to be miserable from now on? I don’t think so! Quality of life is of the utmost importance to me. You never know what might happen in the future; I sure never expected cancer, so who knows what may lay ahead?

dukedogsmom
01-05-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm 39 and have been having problems. That lupron shot was the best thing that happened to me! It took away my moodiness and made me feel better than I had felt in about 10 years. Unfortunately, after the procedure I had done, I can't get the shot any more. I guess I have too high a hormone level or something. I sure know how you feel, though. Those hot flashes are horrible. It's like you're on fire on the inside. Oh, my doctor says I'm too young to be going through menopause. He's a man, what does he know? And, he wants me to wait 5 years before I can get a hysterectomy! I think I'm going to try that black cohosh, too. Might help me out a bit. Sorry you're having the problems but there are plenty of us here suffering with you.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 04:44 PM
That is something that really makes me angry about doctors. They don't take what we women have to go through seriously. Wait for 5 years? If it was a man that went in with those symtoms, (which would be strange!) they would get instant relief. It took me so long to finally find a doctor that helped me, and took my symtoms seriously.

I prefer the shots horse piss and all to the pills anyday. They just can't seem to keep the supply here. Like I told one of the nurses, they gonna feel funny if a bunch of menopausal women come busting through the door with mood swings in our eyes, and we all get violent!!;) and hey there are a lot of here in this little town. ;)

Hot flashes are the pits, talk about cooking from the inside out! or being turned upside down and dipped in hot scalding water! Downer!

4 Dog Mother
01-05-2004, 04:46 PM
There are a lot of products on the market right now in the nutrional aisle that are meant just for menapause. Some have soy, some black cohash, some vitamin E. Having tried a number of them and talking to a number of friends about them, it is like so many other things, something will work for one and not another. Right now I am taking 400 ius of Vitamin E a Day. I am also using a drink that includes soy(it's for dieting though). Together they seem to be working pretty well. My sister also told me of a product which I think I bought at Wal-Mart and I have tried it although I thought it was weird at the time but to may amazement it seems to work. It is called Progesterone Cream and you rub on it the palms of your hands and the souls of your feet.

By the way, your brain not working is another symptom of menapause. Not a fun time of life by any means!!!

trayi52
01-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Hey, I love this thread! I am so glad Robin made it. (just for women)

This is a good subject! All we need now is for Richard to come in and tell us what really works!;)

:D :D

Willie

carole
01-05-2004, 05:06 PM
I am sure Richard will stay well away from this thread he he.

I can sympathise with this as well being in my late forties now, did you all know you can experience pre-menopausal symptons for up to 15 yrs before it actually occurs, and I can vouch for this, as I have had hot flashes or flushes as we call them here in NZ for over ten, they are not fun, and I know they will only get worse, I have had all my tests done, and my hormone levels are not in menopause yet, but my body and everything else tells me different, my mother had a terrible time with her menopause, and would not take HRT because of the cancer risk, and as you all know she still got cancer last year, however I believe had she gone on it, it may have occured younger in her life, I guess we will never know.

Robilee I think trying the natural remedies would be your best bet, certainly the way I am going to go, I sure hope something helps because you have been through enough already, its tough being a woman sometimes isn't it girl's?

Take heart in knowing you are not the only one out there, who feels like they are loosing their mind, and out of control and just not herself, this is a time that you will need good support, and lots of tender loving care. TAKE CARE!!!!:)

Pam
01-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Well this thread has brought the "mature" ladies out of the closet! I was very fearful of the menopause years, having watched my mother go through it and believe me it was not a pretty sight. :) Fortunately for me I have rather sailed through it, with my worse symptoms being a couple of years before the old period actually stopped. I think we now refer to those as the peri-menopause years. Those were the years of waking up in the middle of the night with soaking wet nightgowns and mood swings, although nothing like mom had. I haven't had a period since 1998 and feel just fine and was never on any medication, but I do take vitamins when I remember. :rolleyes: This is a great thread! I hope there is some help here for those who are suffering.

Truffles
01-05-2004, 05:14 PM
hey,

i am in early menopause:eek: and i'm only 23,i was dx at 19.when i heard my mouth dropped to the floor LOL.

anyway i started on femhrt (the oral stuff) stayed on that for a couple of years.then i started bleeding EVERYDAY.so i tried everything from a anti biodic to a d&c and NOTHING worked.

after the d&c my gyn said she couldn't do anything else,that all i can do is wait for it to stop on its own.

that made me very sad i mean i was wearing pads EVERYDAY.they were a pain and felt like a diaper :p so i talked with my early menopause and they were very helpful they told me about a patch.see the own of the group is a auther of a book about POF (premature ovary failure) so if anyone knows about this stuff its her.

she said the patch might clear up the bleeding.both my mom and gyn said it would do no good ,that the patch is just like hrt only a differant form of hrt.:rolleyes:

well they were both wrong the patch has cleared up the bleeding and i can't wait to rub it in my gyn's face LOL.

i begged my gyn for a hist for two reasons 1)i wanted the bleeding to stop.and 2) i don't want to get cancer and i have a real good chance of getting it cause my moms mom had ovarian cancer and now my mom is being watched closely she doesn't have it yet and hopefully won't get it.

i didn't get a hist but i still want one but apparently something bad has to happen before i get a hist go figure.anyway the bleeding has stopped so i'm not too upset.

anyway i heard that early menopause are 2 differant things so this might not help.seems you have gotten super advice already so good luck on what you decide to try.take care :)

marylyn

RICHARD
01-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by carole
I am sure Richard will stay well away from this thread he he.

huh?

lol,
I do have some experience in this field.....

Seriously..

The patch was my friend for a while......My GF went thru 'menapaws' early (No not me, she had a hyst) and did have a history of gastro cancer in her family, also she was a smoker.....two things that I was concerned about-I wanted her to al least cut down on her smoking.....I would have had more success trying to walk to Hawaii.

Please check into all your options...there are some herbal/natural and folk remedies out there that may be of benefit to you ladies.

I was trying to steer clear of the thread but I really wanted to stress that MP is pretty serious-

Hell hath no fury like a woman with hot flashes.

:eek:

Truffles
01-05-2004, 05:21 PM
if you want to find good advice this link will get you some its a link to the support group i'm part of (whether you are in early menopause or full blown menopause this site has great information)

a wonderful group of ladies there too here is the link

EARLY MENOPAUSE SUPPORT GROUP (http://209.123.62.177/boards/index.php?)

i'm (mlw) there.check it out ladies its a great group.take care :)

marylyn

trayi52
01-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Oh I was hoping we would finally draw Richard in!;)

Truffles I know what you mean about the pads. Seem like having to wear diapers all the time. I could use *whispers tampons* because the pain would really intensify. I lost so much blood, they wanted to give me blood transfusions which for my own reasons I did not want any part of, so they tried giving me some kind of vitamin injections.

When you are thrown into menopause all at once it is a very bad feeling. I am now 51 years old and glad I can just walk past the pads and tampons department in a store. All I can say about that is "Whoopee, none of that for me"!!!!!!!

I may try some of the natural stuff, have looked at it and thought about it a lot. It has been around 8 years or so. No problems so far, except the ones I have told you about, nothing life threatening to me. Except the occasional hate everybody, want to kill husband and boil him in a vat of hot boiling water. Nothing MAJOR! ;)

At least I can laugh about my condition now.;)

Willie

moosmom
01-05-2004, 05:53 PM
RobiLee,

I had a hysterectomy 6 years ago and was thrown directly into the big "M".

I originally went on synthetic homone replacement therapy. After reading about the drawbacks of SHRT, I took myself off everything.

At first, my hot flashes were brutal. But since taking vitamin B-Complex, Vitamin E and pure Calcium, my hot flashes have dimished.

I can definitely relate to your problems. If you need to talk about them, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Hang in there Chick!

slick
01-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Hell hath no fury like a woman with hot flashes.:eek:
Good thing you don't work here Richard. Seven of us have been going through it for the past 2 years.

YOU WANT IT WHEN????? :mad: :mad:

trayi52
01-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Slick! Thats it! Thats the look of a woman in menopause! You got!!!

Sorry about joking about it, but I have been through it and still have problems, sometimes its just me!

slick
01-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Sorry about joking about it, but I have been through it and still have problems, sometimes its just me! My boss and I are only 3 yrs apart and are 2 of the 7. We laugh about it all the time. Hey if you can't laugh at yourself with your friends, who can you laugh at??:D :D

RICHARD
01-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by slick
Good thing you don't work here Richard. Seven of us have been going through it for the past 2 years.

YOU WANT IT WHEN????? :mad: :mad:

See this scar?

lol,

I worked with a room full of ladies....there was one particularly vicious woman who began a FULL BLOWN SCREAMING TIRADE,
(she wasn't that tough because she went on for about five minutes and never once used a cuss word)
just because another gal looked at her..

In retrospect, I'd rather open a hot pressurized pressure cooker
with my face right over it, than listen to anything like that again.

WHEN?

Right now, I'll get it myself.:p :confused:

slick
01-05-2004, 06:19 PM
You know when you work with people long enough words are not necessary.

A co-worker (male) came into my office one day to make a request, took one look at my face, then politely backed out of my office saying

"I'll just come back a little later....."

Wise choice :D :D

trayi52
01-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Sounds like my son-in-law telling me I need my bitch shot! Some of these guys are smart and of course some of them are not so smart and put their lives and fates right into our greedy little menopausal hands! Put beware of Menopausal women on the door and see how many men have the nerve to walk in!

Gee Richard you are so brave!;)

RICHARD
01-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by trayi52

Gee Richard you are so brave!;)

I fear my creditors more than I do Menopausal Women.

Everyone knows women don't run THAT fast.:eek:

amoore
01-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Funny Richard! Have you heard about male menopause?:)

dukedogsmom
01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey, I didn't know that existed. I just wish that men would have to experience having a period just once. Wonder how they would handle that?

trayi52
01-05-2004, 07:12 PM
I wanna see a pregnant man, just once! :p

trayi52
01-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey we got to give Richard a lot of credit here, he is the only brave man that has even ventured into this thread! So I say Cheers for Richard!!!!!

Willie:)

RICHARD
01-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Hey, I didn't know that existed. I just wish that men would have to experience having a period just once. Wonder how they would handle that?

O.K.

" . "

NOW WHAT?

Actually, we'd just go change and flop back on the couch....

:rolleyes:

Tray,

No hay el valor como el valor de un pendejo.

(there is no valor like the valor of an idiot);)

Amoore,

of course, we call it middle age crazy........:)

amoore
01-05-2004, 07:19 PM
My doctor friend says her husband had been going through it . He has to wear testosterone patches. Same dramatic symptoms as a woman. Except they are the male effects of hormone change.

RICHARD
01-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by amoore
My doctor friend says her husband had been going through it . He has to wear testosterone patches. Same dramatic symptoms as a woman. Except they are the male effects of hormone change.

It's terrible, We want to iron clothes and bake cookies.

Put a fork in me, I'm done....

amoore
01-05-2004, 07:29 PM
:D :D Funny Richard!

RobiLee
01-05-2004, 07:52 PM
LMAO! God, you guys are great! Thanks for sharing with me and offering advice. I'm so glad to know that just maybe I am not so crazy after all. I get the feeling that we all needed to talk about this...lol. Thanks for being brave and joining in Richard. We always need the male point of view and you always make me smile! Still not looking forward to going to the doctor but I will be there at 9:30 sharp. I will probably have to have some more bloodwork done also because I have also been bruising easily. That could be leftover effects from the cancer treatments. I would think that that would all be over with by now though. I hate going to doctors now!!!!

Thank you all so very much!

Love ya guys....Robin :)

auggie
01-05-2004, 08:31 PM
RobiLee,
Check out this website. It helped me tremendously after my hysterectomy.
I’ve been on the estradiol patch for almost 2 years and doing great.
No hot flashes or mood swings.
I do have some brain fog and trouble sleeping, but this could also be a sign of stress.
I hope your doctor can find something that will work for you.

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?forumid=111

Corinna
01-05-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm glad we can talk about this I was feeling like no one understood what I was going through. If I don't have my soy and Black cosh.I could kill, infact the guys check my daily pill container if I haven't taken it they bring it to me.

sisterdog
01-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Robin,
I just wanted to weigh in with my two cents...After I was done with chemo, I had my ovaries removed (had the rest of the plumbing taken out earlier) because my cancer was estrogen-receptor positive. Instant menopause!

My docs have recommended *against* black cohosh, primrose oil, and other phytoestrogens because they're not sure how they would affect the estrogen-receptor positive cells if any are left.

I also went through the hot flashes and mood swings. The hot flashes lasted about a year, then started becoming much less frequent. Between the chemo-brain and menopausal mood swings, I'm still on anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. I see a psychiatrist to manage those meds; a good psych doc is much better informed about psych meds than your average family practicioner.

Hope this info is of use to you - good luck with your docs.

carole
01-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Maybe our Richard is an older lady?(after all this is the internet folks) or he is just one hellava brave guy to venture in here, I think perhaps the later, GOOD ON YA MATE.!!!:)

trayi52
01-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Ladies, I bet there isn't another man brave enough to come in here and talk to us!! What do you think??

dukedogsmom
01-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Ha ha. This is a "hot" thread :D Richard is indeed brave to venture in here with all these suffering ladies. I just wish I could take the Lupron shot all the time. I felt amazingly good for almost 3 months. Now, I'm back to my edgy self. I used to be so carefree before all this stuff came along.

amoore
01-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Richard is a good man. I'm very inpressed that he done that. Not many men understands, like that. That it is serious.

I take evening primrose,black cohosh and soy. I don't have hotflashes. But I still get depressed. I'm blank headed somtimes. ( forgetful) . I was told at work by some ladies they were forgetting, maybe leaving their cars running all night. Some really weird storys I heard. I have not gotten that bad! I do forget how to spell and things like that.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Ladies, have you noticed there are 44 posts, 45 counting this one and 314 views! Don't you wonder how many men ventured in here and got out in a big hurry? 314 views!!

Willie;)

kingrattus
01-05-2004, 10:57 PM
OMG you poor thing :(

I'm only 21 & I know what REALLY REALLY BAD hot flashes are like. I got ill from the hot flashes & these hot flashes lasted for several hrs to 1/2 a day at a time.

I was sick for over a week. I'll never take bladder infection pills ever again.

Wait I was only 20 when that happened, I suffered memory loss too heheh.

I know right now that my hormones r messed up cause I have been very moody the past few years. & I know why their messed up too. evil genes :mad:

I'll be very lucky if I ever get the chance to have kids. My great grandmother had problems. my grandmother had problems at 40is, my mother had problems at 25ish & I started when I was 13ish.

The dr's just keep saying its a bladder infection. & I darn well know its not & so does the lab that ran my tests. I hate dr.s around here. Also bladder infections have never happened in our family.

I should stop rambling on in ur thread. but I know how u feel about the hot flashes, just hope they weren't as bad as mine.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Let see, this is a woman thread, and you are a woman so welcome to the club! Of course we even welcome men if they are not too scared to come in......;)

moosmom
01-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD:

Richard,

The thought of you standing in the kitchen in a frilly apron, taking cookies off the tray makes me SHUDDER!!! :eek: :eek:

Make mine chocolate chip with walnuts. Uh, BTW, no starch in the collar. ;)

slick
01-06-2004, 09:43 AM

Put a fork in me, I'm done....
Well that does it!!! I'm packin' and movin' on up to CAL-EEEE-FOR-NYEAA. If that's what the guys are like there I'm not wasting any time. :D :D

amoore
01-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Slick, I would too if I were single! LOL!

I got one that cleans, and cooks but I had a hard time finding him!:D His Mother had the boys already trained!:D

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Maybe our Richard is an older lady?(after all this is the internet folks) or he is just one hellava brave guy to venture in here, I think perhaps the later, GOOD ON YA MATE.!!!:)

I happened to look down in the shower this morning.....

;)

I was on the other side of the menopause for a few years and
toughed it out.....everything told me to RUN, but good gals are hard to find......

It's the working them up to do my bidding....;)

carole
01-06-2004, 12:28 PM
And dare I ask and what did you see Richard? lol,so you reckon the older ladie theory just doesn't sit with you huh? you really are a guy then? me think so to he he., now you cannot enter an almost "women's Domain area" and not get some flak ya know, all be it in good old fashioned fun.,hey mate have a great day won't ya!!!!!!:) :D

trayi52
01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
We love having Richard here, we know we can always depend on Richard to give us the honest truth about the man's point of view on this subject.

Like I said Richard is a very brave man to be able to talk to us this way. Most men just turn pink and point in another direction and say "hey whats that over there" and get off the subject just as fast as they can.

Cheers for Richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 12:45 PM
And dare I ask and what did you see Richard? lol,so you reckon the older ladie theory just doesn't sit with you huh?

soap suds!

;)

The last time the older woman theory sat with me....

I changed my mind.....not even thinking of heading in that direction.....:)

I still won't ask for directions.......I am not perfect.:eek:

trayi52
01-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Richard is that how you got in here, made a wrong turn?;)

carole
01-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Richard as we would say in NZ you are a real hardcase or a bit of a dag, means you are one funny guy, humourous.:)

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Richard as we would say in NZ you are a real hardcase or a bit of a dag, means you are one funny guy, humourous.:)

Let me tell you...It wasn't funny when the GF would toss the blankets off the bed when it was
34 degrees F!!!!

Or being next to her when she was going thru her
"radiant heat" phases......:eek:

Thanks!
:)

Tray,

I said I didn't ask for directions.....;)

and someone needed advice:rolleyes: ...

amoore
01-06-2004, 02:33 PM
We all love you Richard. Your as good as they get... so you are perfect!

Not all ladies have an understanding guy, like you around.

:)

carole
01-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey Richard I can assure you she didn't find it funny either, imagine one minute you are hot as hell the next freezing, hey think of the bright side here, whenever you were cold you had your very own instant hot water bottle, well thats what hubby tells me anyhow, it can have its advantages ya know.:) :D ;)

amoore
01-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Funny! Carole thats a good one!:D

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Hey Richard I can assure you she didn't find it funny either, imagine one minute you are hot as hell the next freezing, hey think of the bright side here, whenever you were cold you had your very own instant hot water bottle, well thats what hubby tells me anyhow, it can have its advantages ya know.:) :D ;)

....But how do you adjust the temperature?:confused:

The part that I remember was the sheet change...Poor baby would sweat so badly we'd have to change the sheets.....

Hey,

What the hell is going on here??

Poor Robilee asks for advice and here we are cutting up.......

:eek: ;)

carole
01-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Hmm well yes Richard that is a tricky one, there is no temp control on these units unfortunately, I am sure Robilee won't mind a bit of humour added to this thread, and hey you know what PT is like any thread can take a turn for the worse or better .

It really is no fun at all for either partner I suppose, but it is a fact of life, we all have to go through, with a bit of medical help, or alternative help, support , love, understanding and humour we will all get through it hopefully.

I hope all this sweating us poor women do, can at least shed a few unwanted menopausal pounds, or at least some unwanted toxins out of the body,there has got to be an up side here don't you think. lol:)

At least Richard you had empathy for your GF and obviously supported her as best you could, and thats the best one can do.:cool:

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 03:15 PM

At least Richard you had empathy for your GF and obviously supported her as best you could, and thats the best one can do.:cool:

Empathy my ear!

No one could make mushrooms in wine sauce like she
could. ;)

amoore
01-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Hehehe, Theres our funny Richard!:)

RobiLee
01-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Like I said you guys are great! Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

Well, I went to the doc today and spilled my guts and told him all the details. I felt like a complete idiot and was pratically in tears. He is a super doctor though and very easy to talk too. He hugged me twice and said we would get this all worked out. He still thinks my main trigger is the depression mixed in with the menopause. He and my husband both think that I have been through so much and handled it all so well and that now that it is all over with I have a lot of pent up anger and resentment and along with the menopause I have sunk into a major depression. Blah, Blah, Blah. He has switched me to a different med called Lexapro we will give it a try for 4 weeks and then I go back to see how things are going. Oh, I had to have bloodwork done also. Keeping my fingers crossed that it come out alright too. All medical tests make me very nervous now. The doc gave me 8 weeks of pills for free. Love that. When I got home hubby asked if I could start by taking a whole box today..Hahaha...isn't he funny! Everyone has been talking about the hot flashes. Whew, they sure are something aren't they?! I've actually been dealing with them pretty well. You are right though it feels like you are burning from the inside out. I haven't had any night sweats though. I hear those can be the worse. The last hot flash I had I kept opening up the backdoor so I could try to cool down and someone would keep closing it. I would get mad and open it up again. After doing this several times I finally screamed at the family that they would just have to bundle up cause I couldn't take it anymore so I went to open the backdoor again and hubby shoved me right out and shut the door behind me...lol...I didn't mind I just sat right down on the steps and tried to cool off a bit. Ahhh, the things us women go through! I was scared about bringing this topic up but I sure am glad I did. It seems like we all need to talk about it and the humor was much needed. Thanks for helping me out folks!!

Hugs...Robin :)

amoore
01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks for updating us. I hope it helps you. It is a hard thing you've been going through. Thank goodness for our funny husbands! I think I have mine worried about male menopause!
:D

We love you and you can talk to us, anytime. We are all family now! :) We are the Pet Talker family.:)

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
[B] I was scared about bringing this topic up but I sure am glad I did. It seems like we all need to talk about it and the humor was much needed. Thanks for helping me out folks!!

Hugs...Robin :)

Are you allowed back in the house now???;)

RobiLee
01-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Are you allowed back in the house now???;)

:D Oh Yes, I am allowed in the house for now...but only until the next episode and then he says its back outside again! Trust me I will win this battle though. I will be kicking them all out and be sitting in my house with my air conditioning on even if it is 28 degrees outside and I will be enjoying the peace and quiet!!! Do you think the family will go for that?! ;)

RobiLee
01-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Oops, I forgot. Katie can stay with me! She likes the cold too and she never back talks! Love that pup of mine! ;)

trayi52
01-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Robin, believe me you just give them the eye of the menopausal woman and they will run not walk to the nearest exit! You will win the battle, like I said before EVERYBODY at my house and beyond it knew to stay out of my way, and my son-in-law even knew, but he would tell me it was time for my bitch shot!;)

I hope that Lexapro helps you, I am on it now too. I have been on it for about a month and I do feel a little better. I am also taking a one for anxiety too, so both together are doing me really well.

But you know it is nice to get an understanding guy in here that is not afraid to voice his opinion, and understand. I don't understand why that man hasn't been snapped up yet, understanding + a good sense of humor is so great. Its a wonder some of these unmarried women don't just snap him up. LOL.

Robin I am really happy to see that you at least feel like you can see the light at the end of the long dark tunnel, that helps a lot.
I think this was a good thread, and probably helped a lot of us women to see that we are not all suffering alone and so we can joke about it. I love this and I gave it 5 stars *****, Thanks Robin, you are the greatest you and Katie! And may we all continue to support each other like this. At least give each other a laugh, a smile, a hug or just big huge pat on the back!!

Willie

moosmom
01-06-2004, 06:52 PM
'radiant heat' phases

Ahem!! They're called "Power Surges" or "PHS" (Personal Heating Systems) thank you very much!!!

RobiLee,

I will be kicking them all out and be sitting in my house with my air conditioning on even if it is 28 degrees outside and I will be enjoying the peace and quiet!!! Do you think the family will go for that?!

That's my girl!!! Who CARES if they'll go for it??? Stay cool chick!!

I've gone from wearing PJ's (and waking up in the middle of the night with "night sweats") to gotchees (underwear) and a tank top!!! Works wonders, along with a cool mist humidifier. Only problem is poor MooShoo, my little 4 legged hot water bottle gets kicked out of the bed. He'll live!

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
"radiant heat" phases

Ahem!! They're called "Power Surges" or "PHS" (Personal Heating Systems) thank you very much!!!

What do I know????

I'm a guy.......:confused:

joycenalex
01-06-2004, 08:46 PM
......so I went to open the backdoor again and hubby shoved me right out and shut the door behind me...lol...
dear robin, when i was a smart a$$ teen, i laughed at my mom, sitting on the back porch eating ice cream in her nightgown, in january. i'm really lucky she let me live. good luck with the antidepressant, some days i think prozac should be in the public water supply.

trayi52
01-06-2004, 09:30 PM
joycenalex, thats a great IDEA!! Wow what a great improvement that would be to Wayne County!!!

Willie

slick
01-06-2004, 10:16 PM
OK, I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time now and I've got something to say.....

Did you know........

Just when you thought those nasty power surges are over, a year later....

THEY RETURN....AGAIN AND AGAIN...

Yes ladies I'm living proof and so is my 70 yr old neighbour. She still gets them.

They are demons out to haunt us for the rest of our pitiful lives.

Dear God, in my next life please make me a man.......Thank you.

trayi52
01-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Did you mean make you a special man or turn you into a man in your next life?

If he makes you one, what do you want him to look and act like??;) :p

Willie:D :D

amoore
01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Funny Slick, and Funny willie! The new comic team!

Hey I like that! You'll be great! :D:D :D :D :D

Could be called Slick & Willie! or Willie and Slick!:D

carole
01-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Back to the serious stuff, my mother went through it the hard way, no drugs etc etc, and she had a tough time, she is now 69, you all know she ended up with breast cancer, and now she has to take tamoxifin, and guess what one of the side effects are, hot flashes, poor mum its the dreaded menopause symptons coming back to haunt her yet again., life is so unfair to us ladies sometimes eh girl's?

By the way did you know one of the side effects of Prozac is night sweats!!!!!!!:(

wolfsoul
01-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Hmmm...After reading all of this, I think my little brother has menopause! ;) :D Hehehe.

My grandma eats alot of soy. She has soy cereal for breakfast, and for lunch she blends together soy milk and frozen strawberries. Yummm.

slick
01-10-2004, 02:27 PM
1.Pass My Shotgun

2.Psychotic Mood Shift

3.Perpetual Munching Spree

4.Puffy Mid-Section

5.People Make me Sick

6.Provide Me with Sweets

7.Pardon My Sobbing

8.Pimples May Surface

9.Pass My Sweatpants

10.Pissy Mood Syndrome

11.Plainly; Men Suck

12.Pack My Stuff

...and the favorite one...

13.Potential Murder Suspect

amoore
01-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Slick that is a good one! I copied that for my fridge!:D

trayi52
01-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Slick, that is a good one. All women should have this tattoed on their foreheads, then men wouldn't have to ask, what are you ragging again? You could just point at your forehead...

amoore
01-10-2004, 03:21 PM
I was thinking of getting another tattoo.:D