PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Married??

shais_mom
01-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Our local news just ran a story on Brittany Spears. States that she and childhood friend, Jason Alexander, went to Vegas this weekend and got married!!! :eek:
Than they said that the anulment papers are already drawn up and going to be filed in the morning!!!
:rolleyes:

micki76
01-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Cheesy publicity stunt.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Yep. That's all it is.

G.P.girl
01-04-2004, 10:43 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what else is there to say?

Uabassoon
01-04-2004, 11:06 PM
I think it was more of a drunken stunt than a publicity stunt.

micki76
01-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon

Nah, I think the MIT (Madonna in Training) is a little more shrewd than that. I absolutely think it was a planned publicity stunt.

G.P.girl
01-04-2004, 11:34 PM
I read that she wasn't drunk, the witnesses say she isn't anyway

Pam
01-05-2004, 06:14 AM
When I first heard the name Jason Alexander I thought she married THE Jason Alexander, none other than Jerry Seinfeld's sidekick, George Costanza! :D :D

Moose
01-05-2004, 07:01 AM
Yep...I've heard all about it. Apparently it was "a joke taken a little too far." Blech...I try to ignore the stupid stuff Britney does. :rolleyes:

Tonya
01-05-2004, 01:21 PM

I totally agree. They did it at 5:30 am after leaving a club. Put two and two together. lol. She sobered up the next day and said "OMFG! What did I do!?"

Actually, correction...I think it was a drunken publicity stunt. It probably sounded brilliant to Britany at 5am after some drinks.

HoRsELUvR
01-05-2004, 02:01 PM
All I heard was that she accidentally married some friend of hers and i just assumed she was drunk or something.I didnt bother to read about it.

slick
01-05-2004, 02:23 PM
http://www.canada.com/entertainment/story.asp?id=46D5789E-E21E-4F3D-B5A9-4815C6904A61

Here's the story in our local rag.

primabella
01-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Yeah when I first read the story and realized she had been at a club before she got married, I KNEW she was just drunk. Or a publicity stunt. Either way sickens me.

She was married in jeans and a baseball cap. Nice one Britney. :rolleyes: Oh well. It was fun while it lasted, right? :p

bluekat
01-05-2004, 04:11 PM
That's what my friend told me yesterday, lol.:p I didn't believe her at first, it just shocked me. Then she told me that it was because Britney got drunk, and they're going to get it anulled today or yesterday.
I still don't now if I believe it.:p

CamCamPup33
01-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Im listening to the radio right now, and they said she really did do it, and that there is a judge who has to tell her if she can be divorced or not.. It has to be either one because she was drunk (But the people at the wedding said she was completely sober) Second, she was underage, and third i dont remember the third one.. :p But, i think it would be something she would do (-cough- slut -cough-) :p ;)

Tonya
01-05-2004, 04:35 PM
I refuse to believe that anyone sober would do something like that.

micki76
01-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Im listening to the radio right now, and they said she really did do it, and that there is a judge who has to tell her if she can be divorced or not.. It has to be either one because she was drunk (But the people at the wedding said she was completely sober) Second, she was underage, and third i dont remember the third one.. :p But, i think it would be something she would do (-cough- slut -cough-) :p ;)

I'll bet she was sober, but even buzzed I can guarantee it was a stunt. Look at all the publicity it's getting her.

I'm really starting to admire her (or her people). She's gonna give Madonna a run for her money! ;)

BTW, how does this make her a slut?:confused:

RICHARD
01-05-2004, 05:08 PM
That was a slap in the face to all of the people who have ever been married.....

It's just a friggin joke to her.

Drunk or sober-that shows she has no brains, no respect and no morals.

If she wasn't drunk she is severely brain damaged....

At best, she's a overhyped bimbette that tries to dance and sing,
at worst she's a 'role model' to some kids.......

If my daughter pulled a stunt like that I'd tell my 'son-in-law' not to sign the papers...then i'd slap him in the head for going along with it.

Oops!

I am sorry! I just realized that she is an adult at 22 years old..
but I am thankful that the gene pool takes care of itself.

Twit.

Did I do it again?

lovemyshiba
01-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
That was a slap in the face to all of the people who have ever been married.....

That was my thought exactly.
Marriage shouldn't be something that people can just do for publicity, or because it's fun--it is a serious commitment, that should be entered into with a lot of thought. I knew I wanted to marry my husband, but we didn't just fly to Vegas and do it--we had a lot to discuss and take care of first.

I have thought she was an idiot for quite some time now, that just confirms it. However, she has some "people" behind her--talk about getting yourself in the news!!!!!!!!

I wonder if he signed a pre-nup??

CathyBogart
01-05-2004, 08:12 PM

According to the article I read, she wasn't drinking at all.

She's just upset that nobody cares what happens to her anymore.

Cookiebaker
01-05-2004, 08:14 PM
This is a total confirmation that she really is the bimbo that I thought she was.

Someday she will grow up.

micki76
01-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Can someone explain how any of this makes her a slut, bimbo, etc? I understand that her actions were stupid, irresponsible etc, I'm just not sure why it makes her any of the rather nasty things you all are calling her.

Just wondering...

BTW - I'm definitely not a fan of hers. I dislike a lot of what she does, but I don't believe any of the nasty names that I've seen her called here apply.

CamCamPup33
01-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by micki76
BTW, how does this make her a slut?:confused:

Thats just what i think.. This doesnt make her one but i just never have liked her..

2kitties
01-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Can someone explain how any of this makes her a slut, bimbo, etc? I understand that her actions were stupid, irresponsible etc, I'm just not sure why it makes her any of the rather nasty things you all are calling her.

I wondered the same thing, micki. I think I'm Britney's eldest fan- I think she's a hoot and a cute little thing. I also think she's an incredibly talented dancer. I just think she seems fun. Plus, I guess I don't really care enough about any pop star to call them extreme names and get myself all worked up about it.:rolleyes:

But on another note, I wonder why so many stars fall prey to these disaterous relationships and marriages. Do you think it's because in truth, the lifestyle is very lonely and they tend to try so hard to find love and normalcy even where it doesn't exist? You're always reading about the failed relationships and marriages.

Tonya
01-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
But on another note, I wonder why so many stars fall prey to these disaters relationships and marriages. Do you think it's because in truth, the lifestyle is very lonely and they tend to try so hard to find love and normalcy even where it doesn't exist? You're always reading about the failed relationships and marriages.

You hit the nail on the head. No amount of money, fame, or beauty will get you happiness. Everyone wants love in their lives.

RICHARD
01-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
You hit the nail on the head. No amount of money, fame, or beauty will get you happiness. Everyone wants love in their lives.

You can't BUY love...

But you sure can RENT a whole bunch of it...;)

----------------------------------
Main Entry: 1twit
Pronunciation: 'twit
Function: noun
Date: 1528
1 : an act of twitting : TAUNT
2 : a silly annoying person : FOOL
-----------------------------------
Main Entry: bim·bo
Pronunciation: 'bim-(")bO
Function: noun

Etymology: perhaps from Italian bimbo baby
Date: 1919
1 slang , usually disparaging : used especially of an attractive but empty-headed person
2 slang : TRAMP 1c <evidence of how her hubby's been cheating on her with various bimbos -- Dan Greenburg>
----------------------------------

I am sure that Mrs. Alexander probably has the same opinion of me...She's a public person and chooses to live her life in front of the world.......

Look at Pamela and Paris.
They make videos that happen to go public and they don't have an ounce of modesty about them.....Mrs. Alexander should thank her lucky stars it was just marriage.....

How far do you have to fall, from grace?

slick
01-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Look who wants to be next on the list????? :D :D

http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3890276&p1=0

Who says you can't buy love???