PDA

View Full Version : My turn to ask for prayers.. She's gone Feb. 28th

slick
01-04-2004, 08:46 PM
My friend just called me about her 10 yr old kitty Luba. Luba is a sweet little tortie that lacks the "tude" that most torties have. She was taken to the emergency vets on Friday night because she started violent vomiting and drooling from the mouth. She also appeared to be in alot of pain in the tummy. Luba has had an ultra-sound and x-rays that show nothing except that she has fluid leaking into her tummy. The vet suspected something was going on with the pancreas.

On Saturday she was transferred to the Animal Critical Care (same place were Bassett had her sir jury) and they have put her on heavy antibiotics. The technician today has told me that Luba is doing a bit better with the meds but is still looking a bit yellow, indicating liver problems. Luba is having another ultra-sound tomorrow and I'm hoping to go visit her tomorrow night.

My friend was saying that about an hour before the vomiting started, Luba was trying to nibble on the fibre-optic Christmas tree that has fake snow on the branches. Of course, she was stopped from doing that, but perhaps this is causing the problem.

Do you think you could please set aside a little prayer for Luba that it's nothing serious. Also, my friend could use a little prayer as well. I did tell her about Bassett and how good the facility is and that Luba is in good hands, but that, of course, will not stop her worrying.

I just know that PT prayers do work because I've seen it and I know another miracle is in the works.

Many thanks.

AmberLee
01-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Luba and family are in our prayers.

Karen
01-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Certainly Luba will be in our prayers tonight, we know she's at a great facility (that was even patient with strange calls from random long-distance Americans) that has provided excellent care in the past, and I am sure will do the same for sweet Luba-tortie.

Miss Meow
01-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Positive thoughts are on the way. I feel better knowing that she's with such caring and skilled people. Please let Luba's mummy know that we're thinking of her and hoping for good news soon.

catcrazylady
01-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Absolutely Slick!! Prayers are on the way to Luba and her family!! Poor baby! We will ask God to make her well again.
Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way!

krazyaboutkatz
01-05-2004, 12:08 AM
I sure hope that there's nothing seriously wrong with Luba and hopefully she'll make a speedy and full recovery. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for both Luba and her family.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-05-2004, 05:46 AM
Prayers on the way for Luba.. and her mommy!

Keep us posted on how she is doing!

jenluckenbach
01-05-2004, 05:55 AM
Prayers are on the way for Luba and her family.

Killearn Kitties
01-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Prayers and lots of positive thoughts on the way for sweet Luba and her mummy. I hope the critical care people can help.

CatDad
01-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Prayers for Luba for a speedy and full recovery. Also for her family, this is a diffucult time.

Joey and Bob are sending kitty prayers. Joey especially becasue she knows that the hospital is no fun.

gini
01-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Slick, of course you have my prayers for Luba and your friend.

It is so frightening when our babies are sick. Please keep us posted on her progress and I pray that the meds will do the trick and she will be alright.

slick
01-05-2004, 09:38 AM
I found out that Luba has not been eating at all so she's on IV and they are force-feeding her. I sure hope we are not going to lose her. I call Luba the Spice Girl because every time my friend cleans out her cupboard of old spices, she dumps them on newspaper on the table and Luba comes running over and rolls in the spices just as if it were catnip. Oregano is her favourite. She's such a doll.

Thanks for your prayers.

jenluckenbach
01-05-2004, 09:57 AM
Extra prayers for Luba!! Force feeding your pet is a very discouraging job, but it often helps them get their appetite back so they can start to eat on their own.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers heading Luba's way! And her mommy's too. I sure hope it was just some of that nasty snow that she ate and once it clears out of her system she'll be fine. Poor kitty and poor meowmy. :(

ramanth
01-05-2004, 10:46 AM
More positive thoughts for Luba coming from our home! :)

slick
01-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Just heard that Luba is going downhill fast. She's got a high fever due to an internal infection. The doctor thinks that she may have swallowed something either recently or months ago that's just been hovering around until now.

The surgeon is seeing her at 3pm today PST and will determine when to do sir jury but my friend thinks it will be done then and there and hopefully the culprit can be found.

Please continue your good thoughts and pray that there is no permanent internal damage that's been done. Thanks.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Oh no, come on sweet Luba, you can beat this nasty thing!

Let me see, 3:00 pm PST is 1:00 pm CST? is that right, is she actually either in sir jury right now or already done with it?

Lots of prayers going out hoping they found the culprit and she's already on her way to recovery! :(

slick
01-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh no, come on sweet Luba, you can beat this nasty thing!

Let me see, 3:00 pm PST is 1:00 pm CST? is that right, is she actually either in sir jury right now or already done with it?

Lots of prayers going out hoping they found the culprit and she's already on her way to recovery! :(
I think you are 2 hours ahead of me so 3pm my time is 5pm your time. Right now it's 12:48pm here.
I have a picture of Luba on my Wall of Fame here at work. I'll try and get it scanned later and post it later.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 03:26 PM
My thoughts are with Luba, your friend and you. I know you are also worrying too. Please keep us informed.

Willie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by slick
I think you are 2 hours ahead of me so 3pm my time is 5pm your time.
Oops, that's right, I figured it the wrong way. I'll be thinking about her on my drive home. :)

ChrisH
01-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Luba is in my thoughts and prayers.

PayItForward
01-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Prayers for Luba, hoping everything goes well in sir jury.

BastetsMum
01-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Prayers from Bastet and myself ...

krazyaboutkatz
01-05-2004, 06:08 PM
I sure hope that her surgery goes well. Prayers and positive thoughts are still coming her way. Please keep us updated.

moosmom
01-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Dear Slick,

You've always supported me in times of crisis. It's the least I can do to offer prayers for Luba.

You are BOTH in my thoughts and prayers.

If you need to talk, I'm here for you.

((((hugs))))
Donna

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Slick, I just saw this.
Prayers on the way for Luba, her owner, and her vets.:(

rg_girlca
01-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh Slick, I am so sorry to hear your friends cat, Luba is sick.
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that the vet is able to find out what is causing her to be so sick and that she has a full and complete recovery.
Sending big (((((HUGS))))) to your friend for support.
Hang in there little one, your mommy still needs you sweetheart.

slick
01-05-2004, 07:18 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p66115eb13544b1915bb3812383c4f2e3/fa0dc6a0.jpg

5:40pm PST I just called the ACC and spoke with the surgeon. Luba has come through the sir jury just fine. She had a pinhole in her gall bladder that had healed over and that's why it didn't show on the ultra-sound. She was in so much pain because of the "backed up bowels" quote, unquote. Her gall bladder has been removed and recovery looks good. Luba will stay in for at least another 3 days. I won't get a chance to see her until Wednesday evening.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS. YOU'VE COME THROUGH AGAIN AND I'M CRYING TEARS OF HAPPINESS.

gini
01-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Bless her little heart.........prayers are continuing for her.

trayi52
01-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Now I am gonna cry...She looks like Grover except she has a tail.

Prayers from me too!!

Willie

jenluckenbach
01-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Such good news. More prayers for a speedy recovery.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Yeah! Wonderful news!!! I'm so happy they found the problem and she has an excellent chance for a full recovery. Big hugs to you, Slick and to her Mom who can finally breathe a sigh of relief. :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm so glad to hear that her surgery went well. Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent for a quick and full recovery.:)

jazzcat
01-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm just now seeing this post and I'm so happy that Luba came throught the surgery okay. Prayers are on the way for a quick and full recovery.

She looks like such a sweetie!!

kimlovescats
01-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Oh precious tortie girl, Luba..... to think of what terrible pain you have been in just makes me so sad. :( :(
I am so thankful thought that your mom took you to a wonderful doctor who has taken excellent care of you. The hardest part is over sweet girl ... you rest now and get your strength back! LOVE AND KISSIES to you baby girl!;)

Steffi N
01-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Dear Luba, I am glad your surgery was successful and I hope your suffering has ended and that you will make a quick and full recovery. Gentle pets for you, pretty girl.

rg_girlca
01-05-2004, 10:43 PM
The power of PT prayers truly amazes me everytime.

Luba, i'm so glad to hear they were able to find out quickly what your problem was and were able to fix it all better for you. You rest now sweetheart and heal up nicely so you can be back at home with your mommy who loves you very much.

And Luba's mommy, you have a nice rest now also, knowing that your precious baby is going to be okay.

Slick, your job is done and now you have a good night also.

gini
01-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Sleep tight and rest well, Slick, Luba and Luba's Mom..........

It has been a long day with such a happy ending..........hearing that Luba will be just fine after a few days recuperation.

I hope the whole year has nothing but good news for all of our pets at Pet Talk..........last year was just filled with too many sad stories.

Only January 5th and we have a wonderful outcome already!

Nomilynn
01-06-2004, 12:36 AM
i didn't see this until now.. I hope Luba is recovering from surgery nicely!

Killearn Kitties
01-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Luba. So glad they found out what was wrong with you. Hope you get lots of cuddles and scritchies.:D

moosmom
01-06-2004, 09:12 AM
Slick,

I'm so glad to hear that Luba is doing well. You had a great vet who took the time to find out what the problem was.

Take a deep breath, exhale!!! ;)

CatDad
01-06-2004, 09:58 AM
I am so happy to hear that they found the problem and were able to correct it.

I will continue to keep little Luba in my prayers for a fast and full recovery.

Keep us updated.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-06-2004, 11:48 AM
I am so glad they found the problem and the surgery went well!

*KISSES* for Luba ... hope you have a speedy recovery you beautiful little kitty!!

slick
01-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Just heard that Luba is doing OK. Her fever has come down a little and things are looking up. She had a good night and is now resting comfortably. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. You are a great bunch!!

Hugs to you all.

luv

trayi52
01-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Slick that is really great news!!! I am glad to hear that Luba is doing so much better.:)

jenluckenbach
01-06-2004, 01:53 PM
great news for Luba and her family.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Yes! Thanks for the continued updates Slick. It's good to know she's improving as expected. I'm sure she'll be back home and better than ever in no time. :D

catcrazylady
01-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Thank you God for listening and helping the Doctor find Luba's problem. You have Blessed so many of our furbabies and PT friends. Thank you.

Miss Meow
01-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Thank goodness :)

My heart went into my throat when I saw a lot of replies to this thread, and hoped it wasn't bad news.

Hugs to Luba and her mummy for a quick recovery!

Kirsten
01-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Sweet Luba, I'm sending many positive thoughts for your recovery! I'm glad you're in such a great facility where they could help you!

Kirsten

slick
01-07-2004, 09:16 PM
The pathology report has just come back and Luba has cancer. It was in her gall bladder that was removed but we have been told that it will very likely come back, probably in the liver. Treatment for the cancer is not an option at this point. Also, the lining of her stomach was very burned because of the bile that was leaking in from the gall bladder and that's what is causing her all the pain.

The thing that is so baffling is that Luba showed absolutely no signs or symptoms at all until last Friday night. How long has the cancer been festering??

My friend has some decisions to make.
1. They can send her home with a feeding tube and Luba will have to be fed every 4 hrs for the first 3 weeks. They work full time so someone would have to come in to do that. After that the tube will come out and she will have to be force-feed for a time until her appetite comes back. She MAY have a year out of this (no guarantees) and what would her quality of life be?? She would also have to go in every two months for an ultra-sound to see if the cancer is spreading/growing.

2. Give her a safe journey to the RB.

My friend and I have both been crying on the phone for the the past 10 min talking it over. If it were me and Speckles, I would opt to ease her pain by sending her to the RB.

I really need your opinions. I'm going to meet my friend at the ACC tomorrow night at 6pm to see her.

Please, may I ask that you say one more little prayer that the right decision is made.

Thank you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm sooo sorry to hear this, Slick. :( :( How sad, and how terrible for your friend to have to make this decision. However, if Luba is in pain, the answer to me is obvious...but of course I'm not the one that has to make the decision.

Please give your friend hugs from me, and Luba too if possible before it's time....

I'm so sorry. :( :( :(

lovemyshiba
01-07-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Luba.
I am not in her shoes, but I think her voyage to the RB is probably the best option for her.
My prayers are with her and your friend.

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Slick, I'm so sorry to hear this bads news about Luba.:( If it were my cat, I would give her a safe journey to RB. I just can't stand to see an animal suffer or not have the quality of life that they deserve. Prayers are on the way for your friend and for Luba too. I know that this decision will be a very difficult one.{{{HUGS}}}

Miss Meow
01-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Oh, no. I can't believe it.

I hope the best decision is made for Luba. {{{hugs}}}

PayItForward
01-08-2004, 02:32 AM
:( Poor Luba.

Sending {{{hugs}}} to her mum

Sadly cats are designed to show no weakness/pain, as in the wild this would lead to them being captured and killed.

It is near impossible to tell when some cats get ill (some are better at hiding problems than others) :(

jenluckenbach
01-08-2004, 04:54 AM
What sad news especially when we thought all went so well. And having already gone through surgery makes the decision even a bit harder. It's only human nature to think "I've already gone this far, I've already done this much, how can I quit now?", but the bottom line is the pain from the "ulcer". If the prognosis for receovery were better, than the trouble of tube feeding and force feeding would be worth the effort, but I do not know if a year of time for Luba with most of it in pain from the stomach is QUALITY OF LIFE. If the decision were mine I'd allow her the comfort of going to the RB (with a LOT of tears). {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} to her mommie and my sincerest sympathies for this no-win situation. :(

ChrisH
01-08-2004, 05:58 AM
After the previous good news it is even more sad to hear about the cancer and the resulting prognosis for Luba. :(

I know that right now your friend is facing the hardest decision any of us has to make, my prayers go out that she is able to make the right one for Luba.

{{Big Hugs}}

Kirsten
01-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Oh no, these are very bad news! :( :( :(
Please tell your friend I'm feeling with her. (((HUGS))))

That's one of the "bad" things about cats, they won't let you know they are sick before they are in a real bad condition! :( Poor poor baby!

You asked how we would decide...
Well, I think if it was my baby, I think I would let her go to the RB. I know how hard this decision is, but I think everything else will be pain, suffering and fear - not only for poor Luba, also for her mommy. She would have to face the inevitable day by day, and I don't think with force -feeding and that tube, there would be much life quality left for Luba.

Keeping your friend and little Luba in my thoughts,
Kirsten

jazzcat
01-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I had so hoped this thread was still going on good updates, how sad.:(

It's such a tough decision but I agree with the others that she should be allowed to go on to RB.

May your friend have the strength and courage to do what is best for her beloved Luba.

slick
01-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. Tonight when I visit Luba I'll be sure to tell her and her Meowmie how much your prayers have meant, and to think you all care about a kitty you have never met. (Here come the tears again.)

If I feel this bad with about a friend's kitty, I can only imagine the pain in my heart when it comes time for Speckles....:( :( and the crying some of you must have done when you've gone through the same thing.

Tonight, if the decision is made to help her pass to the RB, I'll stay there with them, if they want me to. She will have her husband there to comfort her so I'll let her make that decision. It's the least I can do. God it's going to be a long day.....

catcrazylady
01-08-2004, 10:08 AM
I'm so sorry that the good news went so bad. Poor Luba, her meowmie, and you Slick. It's breaking my heart and I even had to shed a few tears when you asked us what decision we would make. It's a horrible thing to send them on to RB but IMO I think it is more horrible to put her through feeding tubes and possible force feedings. I wouldn't want her last memories of life to be of such drastic and very frightening extremes when you know the inevitable is still coming.
God didn't answer our prayers for her to be whole and healthy again. We don't know why but there is a master plan. Luba is much needed on the other side.
May God grant peace in Luba's meowmie's heart and yours as well Slick. When the time is right may God make Luba's passing easy.
You are ALL in our thoughts and prayers.

Kirsten
01-08-2004, 10:42 AM
If I feel this bad with about a friend's kitty, I can only imagine the pain in my heart when it comes time for Speckles.... and the crying some of you must have done when you've gone through the same thing.

I had to make this decision twice, so far. The first time, with Aysche, I wasn't even able to stay with her till the end, and I still feel bad about it.

I stayed with Katz when it's been her time. And with all the pain and sadness, it has also been a peaceful moment when she passed over.

I also believe it's all part of a plan we don't understand in these moments, but I see it that way: If I hadn't lost Aysche at that young age, Katz would never have come to me. And without Katz passing to the RB more than three years ago, I would never have met my wonderful sweet Luna girl!

I find it wonderful that you want to stay with your friend tonight. I know that your tears will mean a lot to her, because she will know how much you love her little girl.

I'll keep you in my thoughts tonight, (((HUGS))),
Kirsten

trayi52
01-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Oh, how I hate to hear this. I can't offer advice, I am too selfish to.

I just hate it for you friend to be faced with this awful decision. Does she have other cats that she can take comfort in?

I am just so sorry, and think it is wonderful that you are there for her and this tough decision she has to make. I am so selfish I would just want to keep her as long as possibe, somebody would have to make that decision for me. I just wouldn't be able to do it.

Willie

Killearn Kitties
01-08-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm desperately sorry things have turned out this way for Luba. Poor baby. Know that we will all be thinking of you tonight. I'm so glad you can be there with your friend to help her decide what's best for Luba.

slick
01-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
I just hate it for you friend to be faced with this awful decision. Does she have other cats that she can take comfort in?
Yes, Willie, they have two other kitties, Princess Scarlett who runs the household from her throne, and Ivan the Terrible, Scarlett's humble servant.

RedHedd
01-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by slick
The pathology report has just come back and Luba has cancer. It was in her gall bladder that was removed but we have been told that it will very likely come back, probably in the liver. Treatment for the cancer is not an option at this point. Also, the lining of her stomach was very burned because of the bile that was leaking in from the gall bladder and that's what is causing her all the pain.

The thing that is so baffling is that Luba showed absolutely no signs or symptoms at all until last Friday night. How long has the cancer been festering??

2. Give her a safe journey to the RB.

My friend and I have both been crying on the phone for the the past 10 min talking it over. If it were me and Speckles, I would opt to ease her pain by sending her to the RB.

I really need your opinions. I'm going to meet my friend at the ACC tomorrow night at 6pm to see her.

Please, may I ask that you say one more little prayer that the right decision is made.

Thank you.
My prayers, thoughts and condolences are with you and your friend. The same thing happened with my Goldie - she showed no signs or symptoms until it got bad enough for signs and symptoms to show up and then it was almost too late. I pray that you do the right thing for the highest good of all involved. Keeping the cat alive with feedings, etc. is possible; the cat's quality of life will deteriorate and it is painful to watch - I know, I went through it last year. I'm glad I did opt to try to keep her alive for as long as possible. I have very fond memories of our last month together, the feedings, cradling her in my arms and gently coaxing her to eat something. In the end, it was obvious that the right thing to do was to let go and help her over the bridge.

Gentle hugs that the right decision will be made; it won't be easy.

rg_girlca
01-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Slick, your friend is so lucky to have such a strong, caring and loving friend as you.
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, after reading all the posts, and I am so sorry to hear about Luba. Your friend has had Luba for 10 years now. She knows her cat and I'm sure she will make the right decision on what to do for her.
You will all be in my prayers and thoughts tonight.

Julie Grove
01-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Slick, I feel so bad because I have only just seen this post and I feel very angry right now. Looking back at Gi's illness and everything that was involved, the nursing, having to make difficult decisions, problems with her appetite and all the other terrible symptoms, but to name a few, I would probably do it differently now and not treat her. Of course that is easy to say now but only Luba's mum can make the right decision, and she will do. I am so sorry. Sending my love to you all.

slick
01-08-2004, 10:21 PM
I tell you this experience has been an up and down rollercoaster. Luba's Meowmie and Daddy are an emotional wreck.

Luba is going home tomorrow. I had a long visit with my friends and Luba and the doctor came in to talk to us. Over the next 3 wks Luba will be tube-fed but only every 6 hours so Meowmie can feed her before going to work at 7:30am and Daddy can feed her when he gets home from work at 2:30pm. I actually watched her being fed tonight and it looks OK. In time, her stomach will heal itself and the pain will subside and Luba will lead a perfectly normal life......

until the cancer returns, and once it returns, unfortunately that will be it for her.

but......

I could be 2 months, it could be 2 yrs, but it will return. The doctor did say that 1 yr is the average for a kitty in her condition. In the meantime, she will live a comfortable life at home.

Luba's eyes were bright and she snuggled up on Meowmie's lap the whole time. I gave some special kissies to Luba from all of you. Clearly this is not the time for her yet.

Once again I believe a miracle has happened and it's all due to your continued prayers and wishes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now, I must go and give my babies a very special hug and I encourage all of you to do the same. I think I just might get some sleep tonight.

trayi52
01-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Slick, like I said I am a very selfish person, I would have done the same thing..I want to keep them with me as long as possible.

You can never tell, miracles happen everyday!!! I was so hoping this would be the decision they would make for Luba. Yes I think I will go get my Grover and snuggle with her for a while.

Willie the selfish...:)

gini
01-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Boy, is that the truth - what a difference a day makes.

If and when it is Luba's time - at least her Mom and Dad will have had some unbelievable quality time with her and it will be easier on them.

When you first find out how very ill your baby is - it is just so hard to accept - and at least in my case - I grabbed on to every single piece of anything positive and ignored the bad.

My dearest cat Magic lived well over a year and a half after his initial diagnosis. We already had an incredible bond - but we were as thick as thieves right to the end. But it took me a long time to not cry with every thought of him after he was gone.

Killearn Kitties
01-09-2004, 12:19 AM
I had to come and find out about Luba as soon as I got up this morning! Thanks for giving her special kisses from us.:) I have never been in this situation, it must be terrible.

Please let us know how she does.

jenluckenbach
01-09-2004, 04:54 AM
I wish Luba and her special people all the time in the world. They deserve it. :)

Kirsten
01-09-2004, 05:27 AM
Oh, it sounds she can live a normal life once she's done with the tube-feeding!?

Now let's all hope and pray that it takes a long time until the cancer returns. Sometimes miracles do happen, you know...

And yes, I'm going to give my girls a special hug now. :) It's these kind of posts that make you realize how much you love them.

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2004, 10:10 AM
I saved this post for last, because I didn't want to see the bad news...but instead, it's good news! I'm so happy that Luba was well enough for them to make this decision. I know that if it were me, and the kitty looked bright eyed and on the road to recovery, I'd have a hard time denying her the chance to continue living, especially since - like Tray - I'm awfully selfish sometimes. ;)

I'm so glad they were able to work out the feeding schedule and everything so it's feasible to bring Luba home. I'm sure she will recover much faster surrounded by the love and familiarity of home.

I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to give T & P their special hug and snuggle, but be assured they will get it.

I'm so happy. :)

slick
01-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Oh, it sounds she can live a normal life once she's done with the tube-feeding!?
Yes. The doctor said it would only take a day or two after the tube-feeding for her to get her appetite back and by that time, her tummy will be healed and no more pain. She's wearing a pain patch right now.

To see her, you can just tell it's not time. She even started to display a little of the infamous "tortietude" when we tried to put her back for the night. :)

Like the doc said, she will eventually die from this, but who knows when. For now, I'm going to visit her more often and show her how much Auntie Slick loves her.

Kirsten
01-09-2004, 11:18 AM
To see her, you can just tell it's not time.

From my own experiences, I can tell you they WILL let you know when it's time...

Good that this girl has decided to fight. I'm wishing her all the best for the future and still a lot of happy moments to come.

Kirsten

trayi52
01-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Bump.

ChrisH
01-09-2004, 03:53 PM
That is such happy news! :) :) :)

Julie Grove
01-09-2004, 04:09 PM
I wish Luba a happy and comfortable life while she is with us...I'm sure her mummy, daddy and auntie will take care of that.

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm so glad to hear that she'll be able to live a normal life without pain. May Luba and her meowmie have plenty of time together before they have to say goodbye. I'm so glad that it's not her time.:)

Steffi N
01-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I am glad to read this good news about Luba.
I too hope that Luba and her mommy have plenty of time left to be each other's loving companion until Luba's time comes.

AvaJoy
01-12-2004, 08:44 PM
I've just now read all the posts, and it has certainly been a rollercoaster of emotions, but I'm glad the choice was made to let Luba fight this . . . especially since it will not involve her suffering too much.

I know firsthand the Tortie-tude, as I have two Tortie girls that have shown tremendous FORTITUDE in overcoming their medical ailments . . . I wish the same strength for Luba.

All the many PT prayers saw her through the initial ordeal, and our continued prayers will hopefully afford her and those who love her more time to enjoy each other's company in this life. God Bless and {{HUGS}} to you, Slick. :)

slick
01-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Thank you for your kind words AvaJoy.

One more update then this thread can be put to rest.

Luba is doing just fine. She had the runs the second night she was home and the doctor has stopped one of the meds, however she is tolerating the tube-feeding very well. She gets her stitches out this Friday.

She is still in isolation at home because one of their other kitties, Ivan, would be constantly harrassing her. I'm sure within the next week, she will be roaming the house as usual. I'm hoping I will get visitation rights this weekend.

Once again, our prayers have been answered. Thank you.

Bless you all!!!!

rg_girlca
01-13-2004, 11:38 PM
This is such great news Slick, but please, do still keep us posted on how Luba is doing. Let us know how things go at the vets on friday.

cutie_chica
01-14-2004, 12:07 AM
You are in my prayers, Get well soon! :)

Kirsten
01-14-2004, 06:39 AM
That sounds like good news about little Luba!

Slick, please keep us updated about the little girl, okay? Best wishes to her and her loving humans,

Kirsten

kimlovescats
01-14-2004, 01:43 PM
So glad to hear that Luba is recovering... thanks for the update, Slick!!!:)

slick
02-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Sweet little Luba went to the Bridge today and we are all gutted. She just turned 16. :(:(

She's been cancer free for the last 5 yrs then a week ago she stopped eating. Her purrents took her to the vet and all the tests were done. Today she was taken for an ultrasound which revealed that her stomach was loaded with tumors and her intestines were twisted. Her passing was very peaceful, I'm told.

I called her a little Spice Girl because she went nutz over oregano. Anytime her Meowmie took it out of the cupboard, she'd race over and roll in it.

Rest easy Spice Girl. You are now pain free and your twisted body is whole again. You are missed.:(:(:(

katladyd
02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I read Luba's story and now my darn eyes are leaking! I am happy she had 5 more good years, though. I have lost two babies in this last year. It can really hurt. I wish her family the best and I hope they know what wonderful people they truly are!

Catty1
02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
And the vet said one year was usual for kitties in her situation.

5 years ago was not her time...and I am so glad they all had loving time together. She beat the odds.

16 is a respectable age...but now her humans are heartbroken. It is obvious how much they loved her by giving her a chance.

{{{hugs}}} to her people, and wishes that she plays happy and young at the Bridge.:love:

Catlady711
02-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Sad to hear that she passed. I am glad to hear, however, that they had 5 years with her when the dr's said only 1 maybe, that is great that they had the extra time with her. I'm sure she's happily romping at the RB with my Dusty there to show her around, and maybe she can show my Dusty all about rolling in Oregano.

Cataholic
02-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Dear little spice girl, your purrents are hurting now. Send them a message that they know you made it safely to the bridge. 5 years....5 extra years. Hugs to the family, Slick.

Randi
03-01-2009, 06:39 AM
I just saw this thread now, and I'm so sorry for Luba's purrents, but I'm glad that Luba had 5 extra good years with them.

Rest in Peace, Luba! :love:

pomtzu
03-01-2009, 07:04 AM
I just finished reading this thread from the beginning, since I was not familiar with Luba. What an absolutely wonderful story of courage, determination, and LOVE :love: in the face of adversity.
RIP dear Luba - what an extraordinary kitty you truly were.
And peace to Luba's purrents. You did good! :)

Medusa
03-01-2009, 07:40 AM
I was't familiar w/Luba's story either so I read the entire thread. Wow, what a comeback that little Spice Girl made and for a long time, too. She had some wonderful, quality years that she wouldn't have had otherwise if it wasn't for your friend's loving care and your friendship, Slick. Please know that my prayers are w/you and her family. You've all done a wonderful job. RIP, sweet Luba, what a courageous little girl! Now you can live the life that you were truly meant to live. :love:

ChrisH
03-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Despite the 'extra' 5 years spent with Luba it is still so sad how in just one week the whole world has now changed for her loving humans. :(

Rest in peace now dear Luba.

phesina
03-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Rest in peace, dearest Luba. You are beloved.

Cinder & Smoke
03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Sweet little Luba went to the Bridge today ... :(

I called her a little Spice Girl because she went nutz over oregano. Anytime her Meowmie took it out of the cupboard, she'd race over and roll in it.

<< riiiing >>

Hi Guyz, Bowser here onna Prayer Line ...

Did'ja hear?
Your Grammie gotz a new assistant inna God's Kitchin up here!
She goez by "lil Spice Gurl" (aka Luba) anna only job she wants is ta be
in charge uva Spice Kabinet ...
GranMom already hadda put in a speschul order fur more Oregano ...
she's >mumblin< sumpin about she NEVER used that much Oregano inna
Chawklit Chippy cookie batch in her life!

Allua Bridge Kitties send their :love: & {{{Hugs}}}.

/s/ Bowser (aka Fluffy Tail)
;)

RedHedd
03-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh no! Rest easy at the bridge, little Spice Girl.

I call Mitzi my little spice girl too, because she often smells like cinnamon - don't know why; she just does.

krazyaboutkatz
03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( RIP sweet Luba.:(

catmandu
03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
And now Luba will be with the Pet Angel Army and they always go to where the best spices in the world are so Luba can roll and fly to them in her wings of silver and gold to her hearts content!
And she was so glad for the care and TLC that gave her 5 extra yeras on Earth, and will make it up to her family with extra love and kisses when they all meet again in Paradise Forever.
One Fine Day.

Pinot's Mom
03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
:love:
I wasn't familiar with the story, either, but it is definitely a story of courage and love. My sentiments were well expressed in the posts of Medusa and Pomtzu. I just returned from vacation, so I'm a little late. Godspeed Luba and Peace to your family. Visit every once in a while with the smell of Oregano to let them know you're OK. :love:

kb2yjx
03-12-2009, 07:47 AM
I just read ALL the posts!!! First, I am so very sorry about Luba and her family. Such an emotional stress. Our little Molly(also 16), like Luba, had cancer. It seemed to come out of the blue. But, also like Luba, it progresses very rapidly. It is so sad to lose our little friends, but we know they are young, healthy, and without any pain at the Bridge. I will light some candles for Luba and her family. Sleep softly, dear, sweet Luba...

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I just read ALL posts too!

:love::love:REST IN PEACE LUBA:love::love: