PDA

View Full Version : how do you do supper?

cali
01-04-2004, 07:44 PM
lol just a weird question, I want to see just how different my family is compared to most. :p

do have a specific time you eat supper? what is it?

do you eat as a family?

do you grab your own food and untensils and plates or does someone set the table and everything to brought to you?

do you have well panned out meals? or do you just toss whatever you happen to have in the oven?

and anything else that relavent :P

for me, we eat when we get around to it, we just toss something in the oven, and when its done shout supper to anyone who cares to come and eat, we grab all our own stuff and take whatever we want out of the pots or pans on the stove, and we just eat wherever we feel like it. :p

slleipnir
01-04-2004, 07:50 PM
At my moms, she usually makes something and we eat it together. Sometimes it's planned, sometimes its just whatever.

At my dads, we eat whenever and make it ourselfs :)

kingrattus
01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
-Nope

do you eat as a family?
-family?

do you grab your own food and untensils and plates or does someone set the table and everything to brought to you?
-whats a table?
-we eat where ever, mostly in our rooms

do you have well panned out meals? or do you just toss whatever you happen to have in the oven?
-meals? now ur getting picky. 90% of the time its JUST chicken, no veggies, no taters, no drink :(
-but the past few nights I've been getting sick of eating poo poo food, so I've been making wacky stirfrys, with orange juice & sour cream, yum :)

G.P.girl
01-04-2004, 08:20 PM
at my moms we usually set dinner out in the kitchen and then everybody goes and gets some then we sit out in the livingroom and watch tv while we eat. sometimes if somebody goes to the trouble of actually cookin something, then we sit out in the diningroom with a set atble and everything. or sometimes we have "fend for yourself night" where if you're hungary you'd better get up and find something to eat.
edit:we usually eat around 8 or sometimes 9

GoldenRetrLuver
01-04-2004, 08:28 PM
No. I eat when the food's ready.

do you eat as a family?
Nope, it's very rare that we do.

We grab our own.

We don't plan meals out, we usually go pick up something or my mom makes whatever we want.

Cookiebaker
01-04-2004, 08:30 PM
do have a specific time you eat supper? what is it? Not exactly. We aim to eat around 7:30 or 8:00 at the latest, though.

do you eat as a family? Yes!!! Mark & I don't usually get to eat breakfast or lunch together, so dinner is a MUST. The TV/VCR is OFF and we catch up with whatever happened in our day.

do you grab your own food and untensils and plates or does someone set the table and everything to brought to you? We eat at the table (usually dining room). The table is set, and food is put into nice dishes.

do you have well panned out meals? or do you just toss whatever you happen to have in the oven? I plan out our meals every weekend.

I was brought up that family dinner time is the best quality time a family can have. I guess I am a bit "traditional", but I love dinner time. I also love having guests over and make dinner a real social event. :o

Amber
01-04-2004, 08:40 PM
nope. Whenever my mom makes it.

do you eat as a family?
Nope, but only on special ocasions

We grab our own

nope. My mom just asks us what we want and she fixes it

binka_nugget
01-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Nope. We eat whenever.

do you eat as a family?
Nope. We just grab whatever's laying around and eat it whenever we feel like it.

We get our own stuff.

It's usually rice, veggies and some meat but I usually make macncheese instead lol.

tikeyas_mom
01-04-2004, 08:59 PM
umm.. lol this might sound funny but most of the time ppl in my house just eat when they are hungry. we all eat in the living room, i dont even know y we have a kitchen table to tell you the truth hahhah a

Tonya
01-04-2004, 09:08 PM
It's funny that you ask because I've been thinking about that alot lately. Once our house is remodeled, I really want to get back into sit down family dinners. I think the quality time is important.

For the most part, 6pm.

do you eat as a family?
not lately

Usually, all the food stays in the pan. I dish up the plates and give them to Mike and Jaden.

50/50

On Sundays, I cook up one or two meals that will save long enough to help me through the busy nights in the week. Like a casserole, enchilada, or stew. I also often double whatever can be frozen to make hectic nights easier.

gini
01-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Years ago, when I was living at home......we always sat down at the dinner table together. The television was in another room.
We talked about our day and shared our experiences.

Now, I am living alone, and I read somewhere that it is important to treat yourself well.........you are important.......

Use a placemat and napkin or tablecloth if you have one. Set the table and sit down and eat your meal - enjoy it.

Now I have to admit that lunch takes place over the kitchen sink......a sandwich, yogurt, whatever.......

But I usually try to sit down and enjoy the evening meal even if it might be something frozen that I have prepared in the microwave.

slick
01-04-2004, 11:11 PM
I live alone so I do supper whenever and wherever I choose. The cats, of course, come first.

Twisterdog
01-04-2004, 11:13 PM
It depends.

When I have the time and inclination to cook a meal, which is about half the time, we do it right. We all sit down at the table, with real place settings and serving dishes, etc.

But, if I'm super busy, or it's a weekend and everyone has been snacking all day anyway ... then we all just eat whatever, whenever.

Uabassoon
01-04-2004, 11:18 PM
When I am visiting my parents dinner is very simmilar to dinner at Cali's house.

Here's dinner in Az (remember I live alone)

Whenever I get around to it. Dinner can be anytime between 5 p.m. and midnight.

do you eat as a family?
Well usually I have two kitties jumping up on the coffee table sniffing my food. Does that count as eating with family?

I usually just eat out of whatever container the food came in, and most of the time I have to rinse off my untensil before I can use it.

Wow an oven! I don't even think I know how to cook anything that you make in an oven! Usually I just choose whatever t.v. dinner looks most appealing at the time.

cloverfdx
01-07-2004, 07:36 AM

no specific time at all, kind of simalar to Laura anywhere between 5 pm and midnight.

do you eat as a family?

Family?? Nope.

If we do eat as a family (Mum, 1 Brother and I) we usualy sit down at the dining table like civalised people. but it is usualy grab your own.

Lol no, We just eat whatever is in the house at the time we are hungry. We planned Christmas though *i am so proud* Lol

Tina
01-07-2004, 08:13 AM
do have a specific time you eat supper? what is it? I try to have dinner done by 8:00 P.M.

do you eat as a family? Not very often,usually Kaitlynn is at the table and Rob is at one computer and I'm at the other

do you grab your own food and untensils and plates or does someone set the table and everything to brought to you? I bring Kaitlynn's and Rob's to them

do you have well panned out meals? or do you just toss whatever you happen to have in the oven? Sometimes I try to plan that morning or the evening before, but usually I just cook whatever I feel like it.

RubyMutt
01-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Usually around 6:30pm

do you eat as a family?
sometimes, but not very often

grab your own

both - usually it's somewhat planned out, but when we need to go grocery shopping again it's usually just random things thrown together.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Yes, we usually eat at around 6:30. Sometimes a bit earlier and sometimesa bit later. But no later than 7:30. That is around the same time we used to have dinner when I lived at home with my parents and brothers.

do you eat as a family?
Yes we do. Dinner time is the only meal Andrew and I can eat together. Dinner with the family was a big thing at home growing up. We always had dinner as a family. Lunch was when everyone did what ever they wanted.

Andrew usually sets the table. We then get up and serve ourselves unless we are having dinner in the dinning room, then I put the food on the table. Growing up, we ate dinner in the dinning room everynight. My brothers and I took turns setting the table.

Our meals are planned. I usually sit down every week and decide what I am going to make and shop accordingly. It is very seldom that I just toss something in the oven.

Stenograsaurus
01-07-2004, 11:24 AM
do have a specific time you eat supper? what is it? We do not have a specific time. It is usually between 6:30 and 7:00.

do you eat as a family?
absolutely!!!! It's the only time of the day that we are all available to sit down, unwind and talk about our day. It's how we stay connected.

my daughter is supposed to be in charge of seting the table but it's usually whoever is cooking supper. The food is put on the table.

Meals are not planned out weekly. I try to plan what I'm having sometime during the day but it is usually whatever I decide when I get home.