PDA

View Full Version : Super Rottie? Pics included!

Cataholic
01-04-2004, 10:59 AM
My sister, who lurks, but doesn't join...he he he..has a rottie named Rafe. Rafe, and his two siblings live on one acre of land, fenced, complete with a pond. They are let out to play frequently. All of this history is important to the story. Anyhow, Rafe weighs in at about 110. He is less than 2 years old.

My sister's husband was next door, talking to the neighbor. Rafe was out in the yard, and NOT pleased that he wasn't next door with daddy. So, what does Rafe do? What do you think! He scaled a 6 foot privacy fence to get next door! 6 feet!! My sister's husband and the neighbor were so suprised to see this huge rottie coming over the top of the fence, they were speechless! (I might add they thought it was a fluke, so, tried it again, and over again he came). Now, mind you, this is not a continuing thing....for safety, adjustments to the fence will be made. Rafe only goes spastic when one of them is outside the confines of the fence...he just has to be with my sister and her husband. The husband blames it on my sister...who takes Rafe running with her. Says he is a Super Rottie! Here is a pic of Rafe after cooling off in the pond:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p7741420915fb93acbc26b212ad8e6cf8/fa12712c.jpg

And, here he is trying to intimidate Binx. Today, Binx towers over this little wimpy rottie...super rottie, whatever! You can see the aforementioned fence in the background!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pdb8a29894428f7be98a81f6a33e36f3e/fa126f99.jpg

Rottieluver45
01-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Wopw! I think he is super!! :D He climed a 6 ft. fence!

He is so adorable!

luckies4me
01-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Aww he is so cute, and look at the Binxter! :D

When I was very little, around 3 or 4, we had a dog named Tess, an Alaskan Malamute/German Shepherd mix. One day we had a robber break into our neighbors house. Tess, and I am totally serious!....jumped through our BRICK fence into the neighbors yard, and held the robber at bay on top of the roof, barking until the cops came. She was a super dog. When my parents divorced they gave her away. :(

dukedogsmom
01-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Those dogs have got it made! And I can't believe he climbed that fence more than once. He's a pretty dog and it was good seeing Binx as well.

kingrattus
01-04-2004, 01:39 PM
heheh Rotti's are good for doing things like that.
Rocky (my ex-friends rotti) ran through a WALL in her house!!!
He also chewed a hole in the back door & wall.
He seperated the deck from the house & the deck was was built build into the house (which means the beams go inside the house & help suport the house floor). Rocky pulled the deck about 1 foot from the house & then they tied him to a solid metal poll in the backyard & he bent that in 1/2!!!!

We ran him chained to a 4 wheeler to help tire him out. it did make him tired but it also backfired on us. It made him SUPER strong. hehehe

After Rocky destroyed everything, he ended up wearing a spiked choaker & that is/was the only thing able to keep him under control.

Silly Rotti's :)

Cincy'sMom
01-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Super Rottie!!! What a cutie!!

I think weneed to see more pictures of you sis's dog, esp that cute little black and white one :D

wolfsoul
01-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Cute pics! :D We used to have a six foot fence that Leather would jump all the time. Now she's too fat to jump one foot hehe.

Tonya
01-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Haha! He just wanted to be with daddy. He's a pretty dog.

lovemyshiba
01-04-2004, 06:06 PM
What a handsome rottie!!!
I think Jada is in love!!!!!!!

I have to say, that doesn't surprise me one bit, though. Jada will not jump the gates in our house, except for extreme circumstances, like the day I found 2 dogs outside, and was getting them leashed up to walk them down the street, and boom, over the gate she was--granted, it was only a 3 foot gate, but still.

Thanks for sharing the pictures--your sister's dogs sure sound like they live in doggie heaven!!

Moose
01-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Wow...impressive. :eek::D...especially after seeing that fence in the background! :eek:

Miss Meow
01-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Oh my god, we have six-foot fences and I can just imagine a Super Rottie jumping over - amazing!