PDA

View Full Version : The Cat Show in Burlington VT Jan. 3rd

sasvermont
01-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Three households and PetTalk families came together yesterday and went to the cat show in Burlington.

Anna (Cookiebaker) and Mark and Malone / Sallyanne (sasvermont) and /Zoe (Vermont cat) and her daughter all met at my house in South Hero, had a little brunch and then took off for the cat show.

Anna, Mark and Malone stayed the night before in South Hero and enjoyed the three silly Abys and Winter the rabbit! Malone was so very well behaved and added a bit of excitement to the usually boring times that my cats have each day. Chloe was the center of attention, followed closely by Juni. Miley, well, she stayed out of the main stream and hung out under beds and on top of cabinets!

The cat show was crowded. I forgot to take in my camera but I am not sure I could have gotten a clean photo anyway, there were people walking every which direction.

To make a long story short.... I think we all enjoyed ourselves. It was wonderful to have Anna and Mark and Malone as house guests.... and to see Zoe and her daughter and to just chat away, live...real time... It is amazing what importance voice inflections take on.... and tones etc. All of this is lost when typing. And then add the spelling and grammar errors and wow, what a mess!

I really think it would be fun to try to get a group together this summer...maybe?

I don't have any photos but I think Anna and Zoe do...so you will have to wait until they have the time and energy to download them!

Pam
01-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Oh I wish I could have been there. It sounds like you all had a great time. I'll check back later on to see if pictures have been posted. SAS I am smiling as I read about Miley. What a character she is! I do think that she'll come around though. My Andy would have remained in the basement with a bunch of visitors in the house. :rolleyes:

Vermontcat
01-04-2004, 08:27 AM
First of all thank you Sallyanne for welcoming us all to Camp Vermont!:)
My daughter had so much fun playing with Juni and Chloe.
I do have some photos to post of all of your pets and some of Anna and Malone too.
I will try to post them later today.

I did bring my camera to the Cat Show but I wasn't sure if they allowed flash photos so I didn't take any photos while there.
I asked Anna if she had her camera at the Cat Show and she said she forgot her camera just like you!
I did find a photo of the Cat Show at the local newpaper's website.

Cookiebaker
01-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Whoops! I just posted some pictures here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40684).

We truly had a wonderful time. Yes, I think we should have a New England meeting, maybe in the summer; and get people in MA and Connecticut together, as well. FUN! :D