PDA

View Full Version : Collars?

Moose
01-03-2004, 11:33 PM
I wanted to get Moose a new collar while I was home and I can't decide which kind to get. I was thinking maybe a nice leather one since he won't be going to the beach again until spring.

Any suggestions/preferences?

GoldenRetrLuver
01-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Mine have Nylon collars, they're pretty good. Of course, leather ones are probably much nicer. ;)

micki76
01-03-2004, 11:38 PM
I like the colorful, printed nylon collars, but mine just have plain ones. Hey, I needed a reason to go to Petsmart tomorrow! :D :D

I like the leather ones with the spikes, too. ;)

Moose
01-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Moose has a nylon collar now...I love it, especially when we go to the beach and he goes swimming and stuff. :) I just want to get something "nice" for him before I go back to school. I'm planning on making a trip to Petsmart sometime next week to "stock up" for him. :p

Moose
01-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I like the leather ones with the spikes, too.

Hm...Moose in a spiked leather collar? Naw...I don't see that one happening. ;):p

Amber
01-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Katie has a nice brown leather collar. Its very nice, and I recommend them. Katie usually destroys her nylon collars, and this one is still alive :p

wolf_Q
01-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Nebo has a few collars. He used to wear a blue reflective nylon one all the time. He has a really cute blue one with pawprints too. Right now he's wearing a rolled leather one. It's very nice, it seems to make the fur on his neck look fluffier than w/ the nylon.

I bought Reggie a black leather collar with silver diamond shapes too...I was going to get him a spiked one (hehehe) but the one his size was missing a spike.

KYS
01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Weaver makes a very nice looking/affordable rolled leather bridle
collar with a brass buckle. You can find it cheaper in the dog cataloges.

dukedogsmom
01-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Duke's new collar is leather with dog bones. Very pretty. Also, very reasonable at Petsmart. Only $16. I don't like the spiked collars. For one thing, how about when the dog is scratching himself and rubs his paws against those? And I had a nylon collar a long time ago but it tore up really easily. This new collar I've got now is very durable. Much nicer than the one I bought for a lot more money.

wolf_Q
01-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I don't like the spiked collars. For one thing, how about when the dog is scratching himself and rubs his paws against those?

The one I was going to get Reggie had very small spikes with really rounded tips. They weren't sharp at all. I just thought it would be funny because he's such a small dog with a BIG attitude. ;)

Moose
01-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

Val, I was actually at Petsmart earlier today just "browsing" with Moose and I saw the collar you got for Duke. I loved it! It's gorgeous! ...and yes, very affordable for such a nice-looking collar. :)

bardolino
01-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Here is a web site with some interesting leather collars.

Olde Tyme Collars (http://www.4netmarketing.com/leather_collars.htm)

cali
01-04-2004, 06:33 PM
I just use nylon snap collars, they last, they are affordable, and they work for us :p when shadow was found she had a light brown leather collar but it did not last nearly as long as our snap nylon collars have, the nylon buckle collars dont last but the snap ones do :D