PDA

View Full Version : What is This? Help!!

Amber
01-03-2004, 09:28 AM
On my desktop there is like a big white box in front of my screen.
It wont go away! I tried changing my background but its stays!
Could it be a virus?? I need help!:confused:

PayItForward
01-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Try completely turning off your computer and restart it, see if that helps.

Amber
01-03-2004, 10:31 AM
nope it didnt do a thing, still there

PayItForward
01-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Sorry, that's all I know about PC's :(

Moose
01-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Hm...when I saw it I had the same idea as PayItForward. I assumed it was just from a program you had shut down that left its "window silhouette" [yes, poor explanation....I don't know any other words, lol] on your desktop...I had programs do that on my old computer. If restarting it didn't work, I have no idea. Maybe it is a virus, then??

RubyMutt
01-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Moose
Hm...when I saw it I had the same idea as PayItForward. I assumed it was just from a program you had shut down that left its "window silhouette" [yes, poor explanation....I don't know any other words, lol] on your desktop...I had programs do that on my old computer. If restarting it didn't work, I have no idea. Maybe it is a virus, then??

That's what I thought as well. Do you have an antivirus program? If you do, try running a Full System Scan, that should catch any virus and then you'd have a better idea on how to fix it :)

Amber
01-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Thats what I thought moose too, Ill try the virus scan. Thanks everyone!

magcpen
01-03-2004, 02:05 PM
One last thing. my stepmom suggested right clicking on the box and checking it's "Properties", maybe you can reset your wallpaper or something there? Just a thought.

Amber
01-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Ahh!! I got rid of it!! yay!! I kept clicking on it, and a little box came up and I "X" it out and its now Gone!! I am So Happy!!
Thankyou to everyone who helped! :D