PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Moment at work today

Tonya
01-02-2004, 09:01 PM
I suppose I was a little high strung to start with. I was upset about being bitten by a dog. It was pouring down raining. I was very nervous because I was alone in the horrible side of town...

I was in a customers back yard, working on the phones. I'd been there for a while. I turned around this giant dead deer head was sitting there in the rain on top of the air conditioner. (I don't know how I'd missed it when I first entered the yard.) It looked disgusting because it was all old and wet, it wasn't on wood (mount or whatever they call them) and the ears were missing like a dog had chewed them off.

It startled me, so I jumped. When I jumped, it startled these roosters and chickens (that I hadn't noticed) that were on the roof above me. All at once, like 20 flippin birds started flapping their wings and making noise.

So put the dead deer head in my face and the noise of the unnoticed chickens together...I freaked. I screamed so loud. The whole family came running out of the house to check on me. It startled me so bad that I was crying. The customers didn't speak English, plus I didn't want to offend them, so I couldn't even tell them what was wrong. lol. I felt like such a dork!

G.P.girl
01-02-2004, 09:03 PM
lol...
i hate dead carcus decorations!
i'm sorry for you...but it is kinda funny...;)

Tonya
01-02-2004, 09:04 PM
It's funny now!

It was just sitting there. It's neck resting on the air conditioner. And it was so ugly and worn! It just wasn't a place to expect to see a dead deer head. lol.

G.P.girl
01-02-2004, 09:05 PM
lol was it outside?

Tonya
01-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah! In the rain! In the backyard! All beat up like dogs had been chewing on it! WTF?! People are so wierd!

G.P.girl
01-02-2004, 09:09 PM
OMG! why would somebody put a deer head outside:confused: ??some people:rolleyes:

amoore
01-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Sounds like you had a terrible time! Poor Tonya!

Karen
01-02-2004, 09:45 PM
They're probably all thinking "crazy Anglo lady - she was afraid of chickens???"

Hope you are at keast chuckling about it in retrospect. ;)

I wonder if one of the men of the family proudly brought home the deer head as a hunting trophy, and the woman of the house said, "That is NOT staying in the HOUSE!" and that's why it's outside! :D

Twisterdog
01-02-2004, 11:51 PM
LOL!

When I was in junior high school, a group of us girls were all riding together to a school dance. We stopped at our friend's house to pick her up, and of course we ALL had to get out of the car and go in.

So, here we are, a bunch of little Suzie-White-Bread girls from Wyoming ... we have no clue about other cultures. Our friend that we were picking up had only been in the US a short time, having arrived from Mexico.

We all troop up onto her enclosed front porch, which was pretty much part of the living room. And, there is a pig's head hanging from the ceiling in the corner. Seriously. I have no idea why, to this day. Well, one of the group sees it, and of course, SHRIEKS at the top of her lungs. The rest of us look, and we all SCREAM too.

The whole family comes running out, shocked, to see why five girls are screaming on the porch!

:D

G.P.girl
01-03-2004, 02:10 AM
OMg! twisterdog! rotfl!lol..haha i can just imagaine

Tonya
01-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Lmao, Twisterdog! So you can relate! :D

Yeah, Karen! Bet the wife threw it out of the house. lol. I would have!

bluekat
01-03-2004, 10:52 AM
LOL Tonya, I would've reacted the same way if I was you!:D

Twisterdog- lol, I could just imagine:D hehe

amoore
01-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Poor Twisterdog! OMG! LOL!

iceyshiver21
01-03-2004, 11:08 AM
aw! The birds didnt get scared enough to leave some presents on your head did they ;)

mugsy
01-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Tonya, you sound like you had a rather eventful day yesterday eh? lol I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh at your trauma, but you worded it so comically. ;)

kingrattus
01-03-2004, 07:16 PM
LOL. :)

Well don't worry, the same type of thing happened with a dead deer head about 5 years ago.

I was spending the night at me ex-friends place. Her room was in the basement & she was sharing it with a guy who had been kicked out of his house. When I say sharing thats all it was. He put his belonings in her room & slept in her bed when she wasn't home or when she slept on the couch to let him have the bed.

he was 50+ & she was about 13-14 & he was a ick dirty pig so ya no dirty thoughts please.

ok back to the deer part.

Well one day he brings home his deer head & puts it on the wall above her couch (her room was like an apt.).

We didn't know that there was a deer head down there, so we went down stairs, tried no to trip on anything in the dark (it was a LONG walk to the desk lamp.). So I go to it first & flipped the light & we turned to head for her couch & we screamed!!, it was still fairly dark near the couch & we couldn't tell what it was cause of all the shadowing.

Well the screaming upsetted her Rotti who went into psycho mode & woke up her dad who came to see what was the problem. He freaked out & said what in the world is that dead head doing in my house!! well he left all P'ed off.

Here we were 2 teens stuck in her room with a dead deer hear near her couch. So what do we do to make the whole situation better?

We dressed up the deer head to make it look less scary. We put a dirty hat on its head. a tie arounds its neck. her little brothers overalls & his gloves & boots on the deers head to make it look like a deer person. then her dad came down with a BB riffle & added it to our deer head.

BOY did we get in hell from the owner of the deer head. we ruined it FUR, we just LOL & said its dead give it up.

Hehehehehehe

amoore
01-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Kingrattus, that was a great story! I would have liked to seen the owner of the deer head, when he seen it dressed up!:D

Tonya
01-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Lmao, king...that's how you make the best out of a crappy situation!

kingrattus
01-03-2004, 09:15 PM
oh ya, & because the head was a foot abouve the couch when we put on the overalls it looked like the deer was sitting on the top of the couch. it was really neat looking .