PDA

View Full Version : I went to the animal shelter today...*pics*

GoldenRetrLuver
01-02-2004, 06:20 PM
...And no, we don't have a new addition. :(

I took TONS of pictures, but I'll show a few of my favorites, since Imagestation is going wacko.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pf6f58e4ff2f02581fc5d2db60332a970/fa18b74c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p789c442b631ec32aaf622411507f5ecc/fa18b0e2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p32ee445230fcfd2ec7cec75c0c141e51/fa18e5c7.jpg

This was the female American Staff mix that was there. (she doesn't have a name. :() I must have stayed with her for at least half an hour just petting her, she was the sweetest thing. Everytime I left her cage, to go pet another dog, she started crying. She was probably abused, because she's very hand shy, but wasn't when I pet her. I really wish I could take her...I know I would give her the perfect home, but my parents won't allow it, because she's a "vicious" breed. :(:mad:

Sorry about the flash. :o
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p1cdd6da6c2ba9782abc739f7ef6277fd/fa18abc5.jpg
This handsome guy reminded me of Nala. He was HUGE, and such a sweetheart.

And my personal favorite...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p2e06f20647a3f9218d4badba7892cb23/fa18a7d3.jpg
This pretty boy is Red. He's (what I'm guessing) 4 years old, and a Golden Retriever. He was quite a sight, because i hardly see Goldens end up in that shelter, if one did, they would most likely get picked up by rescues. He was a sweetheart, I hope he finds a good home.

I have plenty more, but I'll just share these. :) I hope they all end up in loving homes...

bluekat
01-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Aww, what gorgeous dogs!:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p1cdd6da6c2ba9782abc739f7ef6277fd/fa18abc5.jpg
He does look like Nala alot!:eek:

The American Staff sounded sweet. Every time I go to see animals, I always want to take them home. Once in Petsmart there was a really sweet cat, and once I walked up to her she just started purring and rubbing her body against me, and she would start crying out once I walk away.
The Golden Retriever also looks cute!

I hope they all find good homes soon:)

Tonya
01-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Good looking dogs! I want to see more pics. :D

K9soul
01-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Awwwww, don't you just wish so bad you could take them all out of there? I don't think I could even handle going in unless I could adopt. I'd get too emotionally caught up in wanting to take some of them home. :o

GoldenRetrLuver
01-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Awwwww, don't you just wish so bad you could take them all out of there? I don't think I could even handle going in unless I could adopt. I'd get too emotionally caught up in wanting to take some of them home. :o

Yeah...it happens all the time. :( I always feel bad about leaving them there, and just want to cry aferwards. It's not fair.
My dad and I go in every week to check on the dogs there, if some are in bad condition, I complain about it until something's done.

Moose
01-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Awww...those poor dogs. I haven't been to any shelter since I adopted Moose...I just can't handle it. It was heartbreaking...I wanted every dog, and felt awful when I left with just Moose. I always admire people that can build up enough courage to walk into a shelter and walk right out without carrying out every dog they saw. :(

K9soul
01-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Yeah...it happens all the time. :( I always feel bad about leaving them there, and just want to cry aferwards. It's not fair.
My dad and I go in every week to check on the dogs there, if some are in bad condition, I complain about it until something's done.

I think that must be really tough, and I greatly admire that you're able to be strong enough to check on them and speak up about their care and so on. I'm more like Moose describes though and even though I'd like to volunteer at the shelter here I just can't get the courage up to face the dogs. I think I'd end up severely traumatized after I saw a few not get homes and end up PTS :( So I try to make up for it by donating money and items to the shelter whenever I can, and hope and pray it helps give some pup or kitty a second chance.

pitc9
01-03-2004, 04:01 PM
I can't go into shelters without bawling my eyes out!
For Christmas, I had to drop off a bunch of stuff for the HS near me, (treats, bowl, blankets,soap,...etc) and I didn't even go into where the pups were, all I had to do was hear them and I started crying!!!!

Foam
01-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I thought you were getting a smooth, or sheltie? :confused:

Anyways, great pics!!! :D I love taking the doggie's pictures when I go. Sadly, I haven't gone in a while. i'm glad you got to go and have a look! :D:D:D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Foam
I thought you were getting a smooth, or sheltie? :confused:

Yes, I'm still hoping to get either a smooth collie or sheltie, but I still visit the shelter.

Foam
01-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Ah, I see. :D

stacwase
01-04-2004, 10:43 AM
That pitbull mix is so beautiful! I wish I could take her home.

I don't know how you can keep going to the shelter! When I leave a shelter, I shake so hard. I remember driving home from the shelter when I was looking for a dog. My hands were just shaking so hard on the steering wheel.

Of course - I'll go to the shelter if I ever get another dog. But it's so awful looking at all those sweet faces and not being able to help.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
That pitbull mix is so beautiful! I wish I could take her home.

If you come to CA, then you could! ;)

Originally posted by stacwase
I don't know how you can keep going to the shelter! When I leave a shelter, I shake so hard. I remember driving home from the shelter when I was looking for a dog. My hands were just shaking so hard on the steering wheel.

It is hard. Afterwards, when my dad and I drive home from the shelter, I won't say a word. I just think about all those poor dogs in the shelter...and pray that they find a great, loving home.

Amber
01-04-2004, 12:36 PM
It is hard. Afterwards, when my dad and I drive home from the shelter, I won't say a word. I just think about all those poor dogs in the shelter...and pray that they find a great, loving home. [/B]

Same here, If we go somewhere like that..I'll be silent in the car. I always feel terrible for the doggys. and my parents always think im mad because I dont talk!