PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat get offended easily???

Cookiebaker
01-02-2004, 12:20 PM
I felt so bad this morning. I don't usually like to give my pets "human" food 'cause I don't think it's good for them long-term.

Anyway, I was putting some cheese on a cracker, and Marigold jumped on the counter and stuck her nose right into the cheese. I put my hand in front of her nose and said "uh-uh"; and she turned away, blinking, so very sad and offended. I felt *horrible*, and went and found a kitty treat to give her instead. She has forgiven me, and is now curled up tight in my lap.

How does your cat react when corrected?

sirrahbed
01-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Not the twins - they just glare at me - but Dylan does. He is VERY sensitive I think - that sweet nature of his?? He makes me guilty as well when I tell him no for anything!! He gets this really hurt look and leaves!! I run after him begging to get back in his favor. :o Is Marigold sweet and sensitive by nature??

catcrazylady
01-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Each of my cats react differently.
Sammy has to get even. If I had put my hand in front of his face like you did Marigold then he would have SCREAMED, maybe swatted at me, and then would have left to go sulk with his face against the wall! He lets you know when he is mad!!
Leroy would totally ignore me and keep on until you give in.
The rest of the kitties just run. If I even raise my voice and say no they take off and act like they have been beaten!! Must be the feral in them. Makes me feel bad though.

catlover4ever
01-02-2004, 01:26 PM
The "No" that is used in our house most often is "No, your not going out right now".....well, Abner just sits right in front of me and has the saddest look on his face, then he cries at the top of his lungs. It's like he is saying "Don't tell me NO".

Smokey will just cry this pittful cry and Mystic has the offended look on her face almost all of the time.

jazzcat
01-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Jazz acts like it's the end of the world to be fussed at. She cries and carries on so much. It's kind of funny anymore. She's a real actress.

Scout doesn't seem to care but I really haven't scolded her much.

Ripley gets upset then he usually gets mad and will one way or another gets even with me. Usually he ends up stalking and scratching me.

CatDad
01-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Joey is so skittish that I do not know if she is running from being told no or just because she is just running. However, I never have to raise my voice to her. I just walk toward her and she runs.

Bob rarely does anything to be told no about. The most frequent thing is scratching on the chair, and as soon as he realizes that it is him that I am talking to he stops looks at me. The look says "what was I doing?". However, being the Bob, he is fine about a minute later. He has to be the mellowest cat, except of course during nail trimming.:)

jaqi
01-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Checkers'll give the dirtiest glare when thwarted... ears back, sneer on his little kitty face. But he doesn't hold grudges... He'll be wild for ten minutes, flaunting his ability to do all the things he's not supposed to--run across the dinner table, swipe at the dog's nose, and so forth--and then he'll be back for a petting and a purr.

If he gets physically injured by someone (stepped on, hit by a door, etc.) he knows it was a mistake and will come sniff your finger and make up with you. He forgives easily.

slick
01-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Max is extremely sensitive. When I yell "No" and clap my hands (and that's usually when he tries to claw a chair or stalking Speckles), he goes into a crouching position then runs away and hides, but not for too long. A few minutes later he'll come out and rub up against me as if to apologize.

I've never had to yell at Specks. She's such a good girl.

trayi52
01-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Sometimes I feel like I hurt Grovers feelings, if I accidently step on her toe, or kick her when I am walking, I just about cry. I chase her all over the house saying " I'm sorry Grover", I always think about how she was mistreated when she was so tiny, and constantly stay afraid she will remember what happened to her.

She always forgives me for it though, I guess I just worry too much! Like about EVERYTHING!

amoore
01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Sunny never acts like I said no. He doesn't believe me any way. LOL! He never seems to get his feelings hurt.

Loverboy is like Sunny. He is sure I don't mean anything I say. He will sit where I'm pulling weeds in the garden and if I move him, so I can pull weeds where he was sitting, he will get right back in the same spot. LOL!

Cats are so cute!:)

catmandu
01-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Actually my Cats are always right , and they correct me!

PayItForward
01-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Actually my Cats are always right , and they correct me!
LOL...Same in our house.

Though if we leave them alone overnight, Georgie sulks by siting in front of me wherever I sit down (even on the toilet) with his back to me !?!

Vio&Juni
01-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Pichu doesn't mind, but sometimes he also doesn't care :)

Juni sometimes sulks, sometimes answers back with her lip trembling, that's a very funny sight. We tease her sometimes to see that :D