PDA

View Full Version : I smelled RB Max tonight :(

kingrattus
01-01-2004, 10:07 PM
i got my xmas gifts from my sister today (she let me in moms house).

I also collected max's things dish, leash, clothing, booties & collar. I had to hunt for them, mom hid them on me in the basement. Mom told my sister that I had already picked up his things. I don't understand why my mom has to lie so much :( My sister was getting P'ed off casue she beleaved mom & not me, until I came upstairs with Max's things. She was almost in shock. I gave her Max's toy ropes for her friends pitty puppy (a very good puppy).

Now that I think of it, I don't have max's crazy duck. I loved that duck, I'll have to ask her to find it for me.

I also picked up my 30gallon tank & set it up for Mango (he loves the extra 10 gallons).

I finished cleaning my room at 10:30pm. I went upstairs because I had forgotten Max's things in the livingroom. I brought them to my room & started putting them in a box, then a smell caught my attention & I smelled his coat. It smelled just like was right there in my hands. I felt like hugging his coat all night long, just so I can smell him. But I put is back into the box & balled my eyes out. It sooo felt like he ws right there alive. I hope his smell stays there forever. :( :( :(

trayi52
01-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Jesse, how sad for you. I know what you mean about that smell. I lost a chihuahua about 10 years ago, and I remember I took her bedding and put it in a plastic zip loc baggie just so I could open it every once in awhile and smell it. I still have that bag, but I haven't opened in a very long time.

Jesse, I just cry for you and you loss. I am so sorry baby that you have to keep going through so much. May you find you smile again.

Willie

My Peanuts
01-02-2004, 02:46 PM
I feel your pain and I know how much you love Max. I know a lot of people say this, but it does get better. Time helps a lot, but then you will find yourself back where you started and feel like you just lost him. I went through that on Christmas Eve because of my Shih Tzu, Angie, which died in June. Try to let your heart heal, but never forget Max. You will think of stories about him and smile again.

kingrattus
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Thansk guys :)

& its kind words like urs that help alot aswell.

Cataholic
01-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Jess,
During most people's lives, something happens to them that changes them forever, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I think this situation with Max is the one for you. I hope and pray that you are somehow comforted by knowing so many people here care for you and about you. I can't imagine the pain you must feel, not only over the loss of Max, but, also how it happened. Sometimes when we are younger we find ourselves in situations over which we have no control. Just know that as you become more independent, and don't have to rely on other people for your survival, you can then surround yourself with people just like you- loving, caring, intelligent, feeling, and worthy of your respect. Just hang in there, things do get better in time.
Johanna