PDA

View Full Version : Let's make this year in PT

petlover
01-01-2004, 05:54 PM
a REALLY good one. Let's try to be even a little more outgoing and kind to newbies. Let's make more animal threads than *off topic* threads. Let's get the number of fights down, and let's take a little more time to post more pictures of our sweet pets than than talk about what to wear to so and so places. Does anyone agree with me.:)

G.P.girl
01-01-2004, 05:55 PM
ok!:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-01-2004, 06:01 PM
~~About the no more posting off topic, I think that's what makes us so unique. We can share anything with each other... Our first crush, a dying friend, pictures of ourselves. Think of another community that does that as much as we do. Posting off topic is a great virtue of us. I think posting off topic is ok, just because we are in the General forum.
~~As for fighting, let's all just make a promise to take it elsewhere. Don't make other people get involved. Just take it somewhere else, whether it be a PM, email, instant messenger, whatever! Just not here.
~~NEWBIES ARE GOOD, PEOPLE! Getting new people to our community should be a good thing, and we shouldn't be so cold to them within their first post.

Let's do it, peoples! :D

petlover
01-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
~~About the no more posting off topic, I think that's what makes us so unique. We can share anything with each other... Our first crush, a dying friend, pictures of ourselves. Think of another community that does that as much as we do. Posting off topic is a great virtue of us. I think posting off topic is ok, just because we are in the General forum.
~~As for fighting, let's all just make a promise to take it elsewhere. Don't make other people get involved. Just take it somewhere else, whether it be a PM, email, instant messenger, whatever! Just not here.
~~NEWBIES ARE GOOD, PEOPLE! Getting new people to our community should be a good thing, and we shouldn't be so cold to them within their first post.

Well said Meg.:D

amoore
01-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Petlover, I like yor ideas.:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl, I like your Ideas.:)

petlover
01-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Also, I didn't mean to NOT have off topic threads, I just meant not too have more than pet threads because than it would be more like a chit chat message board than a pet message board.:)

Dogz
01-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl

I like your ideas, Meg.:)

amoore
01-01-2004, 07:42 PM
How about just having a chit-chat thread? on the genral board, like every week start a new one,but always have one. Ok, I know, I don't come up with very good ideas. I'm just talking off the wall.LOL! You guys can hit me.:cool: Wait! Can't hit a person with glasses though. hehehe.

Moose
01-01-2004, 07:59 PM
I don't understand what is wrong with off-topic threads, especially if they are the in the Other>General boards...after all, that is the purpose of all of the Other boards. :confused: :confused:

Also, I've never seen anyone be rude to a newbie right off the bat...:confused: :confused:

I'm not knocking anything you guys have suggested, I just don't think any of this has been a really big problem...nothing unusual at least.:confused:

GoldenRetrLuver
01-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Moose
I don't understand what is wrong with off-topic threads, especially if they are the in the Other>General boards...after all, that is the purpose of all of the Other boards. :confused: :confused:

Also, I've never seen anyone be rude to a newbie right off the bat...:confused: :confused:

I'm not knocking anything you guys have suggested, I just don't think any of this has been a really big problem...nothing unusual at least.:confused:

Ditto. Except for maybe the recent fights that were going on.

Moose
01-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Except for maybe the recent fights that were going on.

My thoughts exactly...

Fox-Gal
01-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Good Ideas everyone.

It has happened, My first post here someone flamed me real quick, over something silly. I didn't post for awhile after that till I spent some time reading and getting to know how things work around here. I have seen one or two others also. It doesn't happen alot but it does happen and petlover is right we should try to be more outgoing and kind.

Moose
01-02-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Fox-Ga
It has happened, My first post here someone flamed me real quick, over something silly. I didn't post for awhile after that till I spent some time reading and getting to know how things work around here. I have seen one or two others also. It doesn't happen alot but it does happen

Hm...I didn't know that. :o:D:p

Tonya
01-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I've seen a few people get attacked that were new.

amoore
01-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I was attacked on my second or third post. I guess just remembering that new people don't always know that some things can"t be talked about. Kind of like when I asked my Mom about sex when I was a kid. Wow, did I ever get heck about that! But it would be nice if their questions could be answered without getting mad at them. Or send them to a help link on the subject. :)

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by amoore
Kind of like when I asked my Mom about sex when I was a kid.

COULD YOU PM ME WITH THAT INFO????;)

I belonged to another site and the rules were
way lax..

Talk about being flamed for having an opinion....

People were extremely rude and off color remarks were the norm......I think that 'net etiquette'
does exist and all too often people who do visit and post on sites do so without investigating the 'atmosphere'...and there are the people who have a
'proprietary' interest in the site, Moderators and
Members alike....

For me it's far more challenging to make people laugh and read posts without tossing in f-bombs and flaming people.....

I think PT is far and away a great site and the
arguements we have amongst ourselves are pretty
mild compared to what's out there....

That is why I like PT..

trayi52
01-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I have also seen the newbies be attacked, I mean what a welcome that is! I wonder how many really come back after they have be so flamed!

I see no reason to insult people, or hurt their feelings. Fox-gal has a really good thread on here somewhere about this very thing. I cannot stand to see the rudeness that is shown to some of the people here by the older members, and I mean outright rudeness.

Like Ann said about our daddy, if you don't have anything nice to say don't post it. I seen one just yesterday, and I thought wow! That was just rude! But the way I see it, is why let this rude person make me act like them. I do not want to be like them. Ever!! Thats just not me! I see so many great people on here that are always sweet and kind, very willing to give KIND advice.
I love them for being these kind of people. :)

Petlover, you are headed in the right direction though, and what you said is worth alot, of course we are always going to wonder off topics, I am the worst one in the whole bunch to do that! I think I could be known a rambler! I just cannot help myself!

When you don't have somebody you can talk to at home, you people are it! The cats meow!

Willie:)

Karen
01-02-2004, 04:53 PM
If everyone would remember to Be Nice (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40658) it would go a long way! :)

trayi52
01-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Karen, you are so right! Start out with a good feeling in your heart. Try to think of others feelings too. I don't want to hurt anybody, and if I have ever done so, I would want to be told. I love pet talk. Its like I said, there are so many sweet and helpful people here. :)

Willie

petlover
01-06-2004, 03:31 PM

Well, Brooke. There IS NOTHING wrong with the off topic threads. I didn't say that there was something WRONG with them, I just said that there may need... oh never mind
Yes, Brooke you are right, if they are in the General/other forums than it is ok. :) YES, that is the purpose of all of the other boards.
Also, sometimes people notice something that some people didn't even know was happening. It just deppends on where you are at the time.
A newbie has been attacked right off the bat before. It has been done more than once.:)

micki76
01-06-2004, 03:52 PM
I personally have attacked some newbies after verifying that they were imposters and passing off some other person’s pics as their own pet. This happened several times.

I personally think the last few days have been unusually pleasant, but I have my own reasons for thinking that. ;)

amoore
01-06-2004, 05:48 PM
The New Year put music in our hearts!:D

micki76
01-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by amoore
The New Year put music in our hearts!:D

:D ;)

trayi52
01-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Alright girls, what the heck did you mean by that?? Who put music in whos heart?? And where is my music, my heart needs some music too!!:D :p ;)

Willie

amoore
01-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Its a new year, new beginings,and left over christmas tunes are still in my head.:)

trayi52
01-06-2004, 09:46 PM
I know, I just watched the movie "Anger Mangement" and this song is now stuck in my and I can't get it out!!

I feel pretty
Oh so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and gay
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me today
I feel charming
Oh so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real

See the pretty girl in that mirror there
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face
Such a pretty dress
Such a pretty smile
Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning
And entrancing
Feel like running and dancing for joy
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy!

:D :D :D

amoore
01-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Lol! New beginings, New year Puts a song in your heart, I know you will change it to ..."For I'm loved by a pretty wonderful Grover".:D