PDA

View Full Version : My little Sickie

catnapper
01-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Pouncer was neutered yesterday and despite the vet's warning that he'd be quiet and lethargic for the next few days, he played as normal (with us monitoring him to ensure he didn't jump or twist, etc.)

Poor Pouncer finally decided to let up the act of feeling a-ok... he decided to let us know he was really feeling quite rotten. Around 7:00 he came to me and begged to be held and was shivering so I wrapped him up in a blanket. My sister-in-law is a nurse and says its quite common for someone to be very cold after they've had anesthesia. He sat like this for hours:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pb8097c464e7d3e72269e9127561c5ea8/fa1ded2c.jpg

Then he woke form his nap and decided to brave feeling good again. Which of course meant checking out the spread in the dining room!:rolleyes: My friend came into the livingroom asking if our cat was allowed to eat cake. Both my husband and I asked, "which one? Big guy or little guy?" As if it mattered, because the answer would be NO for either!! It turned out to be our little sickie and he looked at us with "it wasn't me" pasted all over his face... that is, if you overlook the powdered sugar on his lips!:D :D :D Oh, by the way, the vet warned us to not let him eat anything out of the ordinary so we wouldn't upset his sensitive tummy. I guess she forgot to warn him.

By the way: Happy happy New Year!!!!:)

jenluckenbach
01-01-2004, 09:07 AM
My friend came into the livingroom asking if our cat was allowed to eat cake.
Well, the monitor got a good washing again this morning!!!!! LOL LOL

Poor baby Pouncer. I am sorry that you do not feel 100% yet, but maybe if you stayed out of trouble (i.e. CAKE) you could get better FASTER!!! :D

Steffi N
01-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Poor dear Pouncer, I'm sorry you felt chilly after your sir jury and glad that you got to be cuddled in a warmie blanket. I hope you didn't get an upset tummy from that cake.

sirrahbed
01-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Furkids and humankids! Which are more trouble? Poor little Pouncer!! Hope he is feeling better today and that he had a good night.

rg_girlca
01-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Awwww Pouncer, you look so adorable all wrapped up in your little blankie. Hope you are feeling better sweetie.

A very Happy New Year to you also catnapper.:)

RedHedd
01-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Aw sweet-lips Pouncer! :D Too bad you didn't get a pic of him with the powdered sugar on his lips! ;) Sounds like he's well on the mend.

krazyaboutkatz
01-02-2004, 01:15 AM
I'm glad that everything went well with Pouncer's neutering. He sure looks like a little angel in that blanket.:) I hope he didn't upset his tummy by eating cake. He sure keep you on your toes doesn't he.

HayleyRosie
01-02-2004, 05:50 AM
I glad everything went well with Pouncers Neutering. So sorry to hear he was not feeling well after. I'm sure in a couple of days he will be #1 again.

Cataholic
01-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Maybe Pouncer got confused....know how kids that get thier tonsils removed get popsicles? Maybe Pouncer thought that with nuetering, you get CAKE! He he he. Hope he is feeling Pouncer-ific soon.

K & L
01-02-2004, 07:23 AM
What a heartwarming picture! Neutering is SO much easier on a cat than spaying, so I bet he's back to his normal self in no time!

catlover4ever
01-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Oh Pouncer, you look like such an angel all wrapped up in your blanket, then your meowmie tells us that you got into some cake.....you little devil you.

I hope Pouncer is feeling better soon.

CatDad
01-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Maybe Pouncer got confused....know how kids that get thier tonsils removed get popsicles? Maybe Pouncer thought that with nuetering, you get CAKE! He he he. Hope he is feeling Pouncer-ific soon.
I am sure this is what he thought.:D

I am glad that the surgery went well and I hope that Pouncer feels better soon.

He looks very sweet in that picture, too bad that he didn't feel well.

catmandu
01-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Pouncer , we hope that you are feeling better. But dont let the Guardiand know , asthey will let you have extra goodies! all I have to do , is to look hungry , and out come the Whiskas Temptations! JJJ3, and Pals!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-02-2004, 12:10 PM
He's such a cutie, and I can just imagine he was even cuter with powdered sugar all over his lips. :D

catcrazylady
01-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh Pouncer, that picture of you wrapped up in the blanket is just adorable!! Sorry you were feeling so bad though. I hope you are over all your chills and feeling much better today!! I can't imagine anything keeping you down for too long!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

About the cake...You deserved a treat after what happened to you, but just don't make yourself sick!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif