PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year to all

oodlesofpoodles
01-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Yesturday, New years Eve, Got a phone call 7:30 am I had to meet a Lady at the P.A.W.S. office at 1:00 in the afternoon, my little pumkin got his forever home. I cried, I didnt want him to go. But went to an elderly lady so the fee for adoption was waived. It is going to be a great home. And the best news is Pumkin really liked the lady. she was so happy. After they left. Cindy, the director said thats ok she had another job for me. There is a girl here in town in an abusive situation but won't leave unless she can find a foster for her puppy (cockapoo named Muffin) the dog would need to be fostered for 2 months but she wanted a place that she could come visit. Sooooooooo here comes Muffin on monday. she will be with me for about 2 months. The girl was so happy but could not understand why I was not going to charge her anything. I told her that I do board animals at my house, but I do not make a profit on someone else's hardship. so she will be making a donation to P.A.W.S. instead.

So the up and coming New Year will be a good one.
My brother was accepted to a new cancer treatment program in Birmingham. Pumkin got a new home. Tom is on many prayer list as he prepares to deploy to Iraq. Muffin will be at my house so her mom can find a safe place to live. and that is just a few of the happy things in my life and many more to come in the new year.

I hope my post finds each and every one of you a very happy new year with only the best to come to each and every one.

KYS
01-01-2004, 01:03 PM
I know how heart breaking it is for you to have
to give up Pumkin, but I know you are
also very happy she has a good home.

That is great that you will be fostering her cockapoo.
Now hopefully the woman can leave that situation
and not have to worry about Muffin.
What a wonderful gift you are giving this young
woman.
Sending many good thougts for you, your Brother and Tom.

Karen

oodlesofpoodles
01-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Yesturday was Monday day from you know where I get home on the answering machine is a message. Pumkin the little chi I placed that I did not really want to let go is not working out at the new home. He is using the bathroom everywhere and getting out of their fence. Now at my house he never used the bathroom in my house or even tried to get out of the fence. So to make a long story short pumkin comes to live with me and The PAWS Organization says he is mine. So Pumkin has his forever home. My boyfriend agreed that the little guy needed to stay with me. Which this has made my day. I get Pumkin back at 12:30 today.

By the way I am starting the Poor Cissie Fund for wayward animals. All donations are greatly accepted. JUST KIDDING GUYS. but dog sitters once in a while yes. So If any of you are in the Georgia area let me know. LOL:D

FizzGiggs_Mommy
01-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Are you still going to foster Muffin? Now that Pumpkin (I think that the name i cant remember now LOL) is home to stay?

oodlesofpoodles
01-06-2004, 01:38 PM
yes Muffin is still coming to stay with me. I talked to the owner yesturday and she is waiting on finding a place so when she is ready she is to call me and i get muffin.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
01-06-2004, 01:50 PM
That is wonderful. I wish I had the space for some foster furkids.