PDA

View Full Version : My poor kitties - they are so scared!!!

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 05:16 PM
It's midnight now, and they hate the fireworks! Luna, who is especially afraid of them, is already hiding for hours now, she's totally in panic.

And now - since the new year has begun and the fireworks are all over the sky - even Lily is getting scared, but at least she's not hiding!

These fireworks sure look beautifully to our eyes, but it's pure horror for animals. I'm glad I've decided to stay at home with the girls!

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone here!!!

Kirsten

amoore
12-31-2003, 05:44 PM
Loverboy is terrified by them too. The last time they were setting them off for July 4th, Loverboy ran off and was gone for 2 days! They may not allow them this time because of the drought. (fire hazard)

I know Tiny will freak if she hears them!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pfa15b3f1139abae910268a954d5ec278/fad13687.jpg

jazzcat
12-31-2003, 06:02 PM
Happy New Year!!

Take care of your little frightened babies. I hope it isn't too traumatic for them.

sirrahbed
12-31-2003, 06:09 PM
aw..poor babies! This will be our first new year with our three kitties so we have no idea how they will act. However - this area is fairly quiet so I do not expect problems. Midnight is still 5 hours away and we will be ZZZZZZ before it comes.:D Ole fogeys here.

rg_girlca
12-31-2003, 06:16 PM
Aww poor babies, mine get nervous with the fireworks also and very loud thunder. Don't worry sweeties it will be over soon.

A very HAPPY NEW YEAR to you also Kirsten.

jenluckenbach
12-31-2003, 06:37 PM
Give the girls a hug from me when they come out of hiding, OK?Happy new year
I thought I'd better whisper. ;)

Uniqueviking
12-31-2003, 09:42 PM
I also decided to stay home with mine since it was Boomer's first NYE, and because Bownie is a nervous little one as it is.

This year people went crazy with the fireworks, it looked beautiful and once it all started my babies could care less, lol.

(I hate the illegal fireworks - sounds like bombs going off and those bangers are powerful enough to blow out windows. People get seriously hurt and it's the same every year)

Godt Nytår

(That's Happy New Year in Danish)

slick
12-31-2003, 10:03 PM
AWWWWWWW Poor baby!!!! I know just how you feel Luna. Don't be scared. It will be all over soon, I promise. Your Meowmie will protect you.

I live in a highrise and the houses in the neighbourhood are about a block away so I really don't have that problem. Last July we could hear them but they were not that loud.

Max only hides when it windy......:( don't ask me why....it's just his idiosyncrasy.

CatDad
01-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Hopefully the babies have come out ny now.:)

We just got done with ours and it wasn't too bad. Joey stayed in her spot.

Happy new year to you and the fur kids.

bisi.cat
01-01-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Uniqueviking

Godt Nytår

(That's Happy New Year in Danish)

Frohes Neues Jahr

Oh Kirsten, I am so sorry to hear about Lily and Luna being scared...it's the same over here with Nellie...she's spent the whole night under the bed...:(

But now with the New Year everything is fine again!!!:D

I just have to think about your LotR thread in General...too funny, we've nearly spent half of the night talking about the movies and everyone loved them and we went all through those wonderful scenes and thought how much more wonderful the ligthin' of the beacons was then our fireworks to welcome the New Year...

Hope it will be a great year for everyone!!!:) :) :)

Kirsten
01-01-2004, 06:25 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

Yes, Luna has come out of her hiding place somewhere during the night, but she still wasn't very relaxed. Now she's doing better, she's just playing with Lily! :)

@bisi.cat: Yes, I guess recalling our favorite LotR-moments was a good way to spend NYE. When I saw the fire works at midnight, I had to think of Bilbo's party and Gandalf's fireworks, and Sam's beautiful poem about it (only in the extended version of FotR).

Frohes neues Jahr!!
(happy new year in German)

Kirsten

Cataholic
01-01-2004, 08:36 AM
I remember two years ago...the neighbor boy's fireworks on the 4th of July. It was awful! We live so close to one another, that it sounded like they were inside my house! My cats ran from the front of the house to the back. I go soooo mad that I went outside and screamed at him! His mom came out and said, "really, Eric, it is scaring Shiloh (their dog) as well".

Happy New Year Everyone! May it be the best year ever.