PDA

View Full Version : Door to Door Salemen/women *rant*

Kfamr
12-31-2003, 02:27 PM
I hate them SO much. So does Simba, obviously.

You can NEVER get them to leave. One just came by selling 'secuirity systems'. I said, "No thanks, as you can see we have a very fine secuirity system *looks down at the dogs*"

So he went on and on and on about his 'great security systems.'

Why can't they go away when you say you're not interested the FIRST time, not the 100th time.

We had a salesman come in one, into our front screened door. Simba was in my parents room, my mom was in the living room. Simba heard the screened door open, so he got up and came running while my mom was telling the guy to "Get out, get out". What does the guy do? He keeps walking in. What does Simba do? He keeps running towards him. The guy stuck his breifcase out and Simba bit it.

I really hate door to door salesmen. If I wanted something, i'd call their company or i'd go to the store for it.

What's great aobut having a dog though, many times Simba's scared them away or they've said "I think I have the wrong house".

Foam
12-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Good boy, Simba!

I know how you feel..though nothing liek that has ever happened to me. I hate that they keep on going.

apcrs5122
12-31-2003, 03:22 PM
Just like telemarketers on the phone:rolleyes: I hate them! They never leave you alone! My mom has said no to 'Discover Card' about 50 million times, and they still call us!

With door-to-door people, Alex will come running into the living room, and they take one look at him (this is after I've said 'No thank you at least twice) and turn around and leave:rolleyes: :p

Good boy Simba!

Kfamr
12-31-2003, 03:26 PM
Yeah but I barely answer the phone so I hardly deal with them.

Plus, it's easier for me to hang up on someone then slam a door in someone's face. :p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-31-2003, 03:27 PM
We don't get door-to-door salespeople. Just telemarketers.

Amber
12-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Good Job Simba!! Whoo Hoo!

Kay, we get those rude sale people too. Once this guy was selling, heck knows what. He was practically letting himself in. Of course Katie was about ready to go for his ankles;)

slleipnir
12-31-2003, 03:28 PM
I guess I'm glad we don't have ppl do that here..I mean, door to door sales people. They sound really ignorant where you are >:[

apcrs5122
12-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Yeah but I barely answer the phone so I hardly deal with them.

Plus, it's easier for me to hang up on someone then slam a door in someone's face. :p

Same here. Since we have caller ID, we just don't pick up.

Our neighboor across the street gets so fed up with them, he's made a game to see if he can get the person so mad that they cuss, then if he can get the manager on the phone, and then get the manager to cuss.:rolleyes: :p

dukedogsmom
12-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Good for Simba! Those alarm companies aren't worth the money. It often takes them a while to call in. Plus, a lot of times they have the wrong address. Most of the time they have no cross streets or sub division names. And, they're not calling from your state. A dog is a much better alarm system. I can't stand door to door people or the phone solicitors.

robinh
12-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Since we moved to the country, we don't get them much anymore. I just hated to answer the door when they would knock. We used to keep the screen door locked because they would open the screen door to knock. Then they are already halfway in. Much harder to get rid of them, that is until they see the dogs running at them. That convinced them to leave or at least shut the screen door quickly.

Good boy Simba!! Best alarm system in the world!

green_chameleon_girl
12-31-2003, 04:46 PM
That happened to me to!! They are so weird !1 the knocked on the door I went and opened it and he guy stepped in! I was so afraid I told him to step behind because we have a pitbull (which we dont) Then I told him to please leave. Then he asked me where my parents were I just shut the door but he stood there for like 10 min. Stupid Guy! I wish Simba was there;)

trayi52
12-31-2003, 05:00 PM
I am the same way about these salesmen, the last time one come to my house, we had this huge hog running in our yard, I just stood at the window lmao, because this really huge pig is chasing the guy back to his truck, very funny sight. This was one big pig too, my daughter and her cousin could ride that pig and did.

My daughter loves telemarketers, she ask them what they are wearing, and well you name it she tells them everything to be thought of. Or we just tell them to hang on and then make a lot of noise and when you go back they are gone.

Sevens
12-31-2003, 06:25 PM
We don't get door to door salesmen, we get church people out to convert the heathens....I usually just say I'm not interested and if they don't leave, I "accidentally" let one of the dogs' heads poke out next to my leg to bark at them. They don't have to know that they are only in danger of getting licked to death or getting dog hair on their nice suits.

If I get a telemarketer and they ask for me, I tell them "sorry, she's not here, can I take a message?" and if they ask when is a good time to call back, I say "The 12th of Never!" and hang up.:D Sometimes if I'm really annoyed, I'll pick it up and hang it up or I'll bang it on the desk a few times, then hang up.

micki76
12-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Sevens
Sometimes if I'm really annoyed, I'll pick it up and hang it up or I'll bang it on the desk a few times, then hang up.

LMAO :D

I just usually don't answer the door. I never answer if I'm home alone.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Sevens
Sometimes if I'm really annoyed, I'll pick it up and hang it up or I'll bang it on the desk a few times, then hang up.

LOL, that's what my dad does. :D Or he'll just say "Stop calling here". We used to get them all the time, but with Caller ID we hardly do anymore.