PDA

View Full Version : shelterhelpers.org Website

clara4457
12-31-2003, 12:30 PM
My sister purchased me a domain name and is hosting a website for me as a Christmas gift. It is called Shelterhelpers.org and I am trying to gear it toward people who volunteer their time to help dogs in shelter or rescue. I am in the process of building it and have done a great deal of work on it already.

I would love it if you guys would take a look at it and see what you think. I would love any input you could give me or ideas of what you think might be helpful as links. (You'll notice I put a link for this website :) ) I would also be happy to put any rescue links you would like to see on it. Remember, it is a site based on shelters and rescues so I don't want any breeding info on the site except for arguments against. (I don't mean to offend - my focus is about decreasing the pet population, not adding to it.)

Here is the link (http://tutzauer.com/shelterhelpers/home.html)

Feel free to email me any suggestions or links at [email protected] or post here.

Thanks,

Clara

puppydoggirl21
12-31-2003, 01:17 PM
hi i really liked the website i thought that it was really neat i think it needs something else to but i just cant think of what it is. I'm sure you will think of something though! Good Luck!

Leann:)

lizbud
12-31-2003, 08:25 PM
Clara,

I took a quick peek at the site but honestly, right now, I'm too
pooped to think of suggestions. :) Of the three people at work
today who do the specific job I do, two were on vacation, so I
had to work my poor brain for 8 straight hours. :( I would love
to check this out further tomorrow when I'm more rested. I do
think it's a very good idea to have a Shelter Helper site.:) Liz.

Kfamr
12-31-2003, 08:30 PM
What a great site. It looks great to me.

I don't have any ideas as of now, but if I do i'll be sure to let you know. I've bookmarked the site. :)

Tonya
12-31-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm about to leave, so I don't have time to check it out now. I'll look later....But I have to say...What a thoughtful gift!!!! That has so much heart and meaning in it.

clara4457
01-01-2004, 08:26 AM
Shameless bump :o

lizbud
01-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Clara,

Your site looks wonderful. Looks pretty complete as it is.:)
I have no suggestions at the moment, but do have a few
questions. Will you be adding more info to the News section
from time to time? I loved reading about the HBO documtary
coming up on 1/27 titles "Shelter Dogs". That is 2004, right?
I really want to see that one. Not being a Shelter volunteer
at the moment (other than sendind donations), I'm not sure
what I could offer in the way of advice to real workers. Does
that make any sense?:D Anyway, I could share info on what
goes on at our local Humane Society & other animal Shelters
here in Indiana. Maybe, help that way. I want to wish you the
very best with this effort & say thanks for all your hard work.

clara4457
01-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
Will you be adding more info to the News section
from time to time? I loved reading about the HBO documtary
coming up on 1/27 titles "Shelter Dogs". That is 2004, right?

Yes - the documentary is being aired this month. I think it sounds very interesting and enlightening.

My goal in this section is to post news such as laws that have been passed that benefit animals or possibly harm them as well, grants that could be applied for (especially spay/neuter program grants), successful programs that have worked well in other areas and could be applied to other shelters, that sort of thing.

Sometimes in my research, I run across things such as grants or seminars that could benefit shelters in other areas. Even if our shelter can't use them for one reason or another, maybe someone else can.

Thanks for all the input - I am continuing to work like a dog on it :D I am putting together the training tips right now.

delidog
01-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Clara,
Congratulations!!!
You're Website is Fabulous!!!!
I went all through the pets,Horses,Pigs and Goats!!!!
Hope that Your Great Efforts help!!!!

clara4457
01-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Well - the web site is almost done. I just have a few more things to add, but I have to wait for some copyright permissions from authors.

The bulletin board is ready for people to join if anyone is interested. I am also going to be adding a transport section in the mix.

One thing I haven't done yet is add some cat info. I'm afraid I am just not as knowledgeable in that area as with dogs. Guess I better start surfing the cat boards more.:)

delidog
01-03-2004, 05:56 AM
Meow!!!!
Says Maggie Puss!!